over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Budgeting health supplements

bigNsmall

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im trying to cut down and eliminate my supplement regimen in order to save money. If you could only spend $50 a month on HEALTH supplements, what would they be?

Im not including cheap vitamins that you can buy in bulk at costco and last forever like Vit C/E, Vit D3, B-complex etc. Would appreciate some input.

I just buy these 2: Greens and Reds by Macro life. I think 90 servings for both is about $130 on Amazon.

test, curcumin, resveratrol, vitamin D, fish oil, protein powder (TN cold filter whey), magnesium and calcium powder, creatine, injectable L-Carnitine is all that I take and doesn't really run that high cost-wise.

I eat mostly whole foods, with lots of interesting salads and veggies (thanks to my girlfriend) so I see no need for a multi-vitamin or anything like that.

test, curcumin, resveratrol, vitamin D, fish oil, protein powder (TN cold filter whey), magnesium and calcium powder, creatine, injectable L-Carnitine is all that I take and doesn't really run that high cost-wise.

I eat mostly whole foods, with lots of interesting salads and veggies (thanks to my girlfriend) so I see no need for a multi-vitamin or anything like that.

I think the inj L-carnitine alone is like $50 a month depending on how much you use it?

Im trying to cut down and eliminate my supplement regimen in order to save money. If you could only spend $50 a month on HEALTH supplements, what would they be?

Im not including cheap vitamins that you can buy in bulk at costco and last forever like Vit C/E, Vit D3, B-complex etc. Would appreciate some input.

Whey Protein Isolate (NOW Foods Unflavored)
Creatine Monohydrate (NOW Foods)
L-Citrulline (BulkSupplements.com | Pure Bulk Supplements & Nutrition Powders)
Fish Oil (Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega)

All of these have solid proven science behind them and are extremely important in any healthy strength training diet.

I also take Beta Alanine, Betaine TMG, Multivitamin & Vitamin D. But if i was on limited budget I'd definitely say the 4 listed above are a must and also vitamin d. Now you could skip the whey protein if you are already eating enough of it. I like the whey protein instead of spending the money on bcaas. Drink 30 grams before workout and 30 grams after. And the l-citrulline increases the uptake of the bcaa's and is proven to help increase no2 and increase hgh levels. They work very well together. The fish oil is to help reduce inflammation that increases with strength training. And creatine is so damn cheap why not take it. has enough research behind it to make it worth the .08 per day it costs.

Last edited:
Quality fish oil, I get the Carlson Elite omega 3
D3/K2
Choline/Inositol
L-Methionine
Injectable methylcobalamin
Magnesium Taurate/Zinc

And I eat lots of leafy greens.

50 bucks a month? Hmmmm....a big bottle of one-a-day men's formula, and a bottle of bourbon (helps to keep the arteries clean, and its more fun than fish oil)

Quality fish oil, I get the Carlson Elite omega 3
D3/K2
Choline/Inositol
L-Methionine
Injectable methylcobalamin
Magnesium Taurate/Zinc

And I eat lots of leafy greens.

That's a trip to see choline, inositol and methionine in the list. Fat metabolizers for the liver. Gironda was a big proponent of these back in the day.

Strictly health? If I am running gear and only have $50 to spend (aside from aminos and protein and shit) then circumin, coq-10, fish or krill oil. That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you buy in bulk and powders you can get a good stack for around $50/mo.
I cap my own powders but also keep some in old supp containers and use micro scoopers to dose.

My first three would be
Fish oil, vitamin k2 (mk7), vitamin d3. Then depending on how much you have left get these in bulk powder. Working your way down.
Curcumin
Coq10
Resveratrol
Piperine (very inexpensive to increase bioavailability of the 3 compounds above)

Injectable form (Glutathione, L-carnitine)

Zinc
Magnesium
Acetyl-L-Carnitine

I haven't worked out the cost for all of my supps but I think its definitely under $100. The fish oil, and Vitamin K2 probably cost the most for a good dose. Everything else you can get in bulk for a good price.

I think the inj L-carnitine alone is like $50 a month depending on how much you use it?

l-carnitine is dirt cheap and water soluble.

I support synthetek though....for the peace of mind in their product and the time saving for the hassle of making it yourself. Great company. I'm not personally in a place where I have to consider a $50 expenditure.

Last edited:
Vitamin D
High Quality Krill Oil
magnesium citrate

if we are just talking overall health and well being. i wouldn't include carnitine and the like for health. Thats more towards body comp in my mind.

If you have $50 to spend on supplements, than take ionic zinc and ionic magnesium. Eat fresh veggies and fruits, 8 whole eggs (kip the yolk raw). You will get your omega and other extra vitamins and minerals from the yolk.

Those of you not taking ubiquinol are crazy to me

I could get rid of almost everything if necessary, but I'd still spend a few pennies on a good probiotic including the L-Rhamnosus strain, and with the same idea to keep my digestive system efficient a good yeast containing saccharomyces boulardii.

Next "essentials" would be (in that order):

- Vit D
- Vit B complex (WITHOUT MINERALS)
- Magnesium (preferably aspartate)
- Zinc
- Omega 3's
- Choline/Inositol
- Melanonin
- Vit C
- Bromelain
- Coq10
- Vit E

If it's not specified, odds are they'll be using the cheapest form of CoQ10, ie ubiquinone... which tends to be accredited by the extremely low price of the product. :cool:

That being said, there has been NO real convincing studies showing the superiority of ubiquinol over ubiquinone, one being constantly transformed into the other inside the body... what really matters is its bioavailabilty when you ingest the molecule, and very few companies actually use the process guaranteeing a maximum absorption.

Last, I'd NEVER buy a CoQ10 in tablets... it has to come in softgels. :)

If it's not specified, odds are they'll be using the cheapest form of CoQ10, ie ubiquinone... which tends to be accredited by the extremely low price of the product. :cool:

That being said, there has been NO real convincing studies showing the superiority of ubiquinol over ubiquinone, one being constantly transformed into the other inside the body... what really matters is its bioavailabilty when you ingest the molecule, and very few companies actually use the process guaranteeing a maximum absorption.

Last, I'd NEVER buy a CoQ10 in tablets... it has to come in softgels. :)

That makes sense mate, thanks for explaining

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost