over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

build muscle at planet fitness ?

I think what got people to hate PF in the first place was their advertising campaign where they would discriminate against bodybuilders and paint them as low IQ dummies.

that stereotype has been around for so long im not even sure where it came from..

probably the classic meathead jock football players

it's an American tradition :eek:

that stereotype has been around for so long im not even sure where it came from..

probably the classic meathead jock football players

it's an American tradition :eek:

Threads like "is my tight belt making me store more fat in my love handles" also give us that stereotype.

Threads like "is my tight belt making me store more fat in my love handles" also give us that stereotype.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APgrUnNQPQw"]Dave Chapelle as Rick James - Cold Blooded - YouTube[/ame]

I go to gym, I lift heavy things

Hey I also have two worthless bachelor degrees which are completely unrelated to my business!

Last edited:
I have a very ample home gym that I built up over the years. I got a membership there to help the wife have access to more cardio equipment. For the price of $10 a month you couldn't beat it. The problem came when a few machines that I really liked went bye bye, then they were never replaced with anything. After a year was up, they tried to charge us a $30 per person fee for new equipment. I said, you wave that and we'll stay. They said "no." So we cancelled, haven't been back since. Got a membership at La Fitness, it's still like pulling teeth getting the wife to the gym. :p

U can build muscle with just body weight so yes u can build muscle. If it's the only place ubcwn get ur workout in then so be it . But if something else came along I would differently leave there .

Yea come to our gym it's okay if you don't work hard and eat our free junk food, what a crock of shit.

Just like "dad bods" and morbidly obese woman being proud of it. Since when the fuck is being unhealthy okay and encouraged?

This place is an absolute joke!
You'll always get better results in a gym, that's
something planet fitness is not!

This place is an absolute joke!
You'll always get better results in a gym, that's
something planet fitness is not!

The only positive thing I can say about PF is they're open 24 hours. I feel like I'm literally going to pop if I control my breath to keep myself from grunting. I'm not talking like screaming kind of grunt but how the hell do you do heavy lat pull downs or something and not make some kind of noise of physical exertion?

It honestly irritates me when people act too high and mighty for planet fitness... sure if you're branch warren, yeah you're probably too intense but I've seen plenty of HUGE competitors throw on an oversized hoodie and go in there and get a sufficient workout in. Is it ideal? Of course not. But respect your environment, don't grunt excessively loud. They're a business and you're simply not part of their targeted demographic. It's like going into a Victoria's Secret and causing a fuss over the fact that they don't sell men's work boots... they were never trying to sell to you in the first place so who cares. If that's the only gym convenient to you that day then go for it and keep to yourself. Equipment isn't great but everyone should be capable of making it work that day.

I mainly hate this topic because let's be real... 99 percent of the guys causing a fuss over how planet fitness is a pussy gym don't even look like they lift... they are just reaching for ways to make themselves sound tough. Work with what you've got rather than not work st all

Planet Fitness is the best gym for cardio and light lifts in my opinion

ADP for me!!

I just refuse to pay $50 a month and a freaking 30$ sign up fee for the only other gym in town. It's also not feasible for me to drive into the next town. Like OP I work out early AM

Any money spent on a Gym membership is money well spent.
Best $50 bucks I spend....
Even if its only $30, **EDIT**

Last edited by a moderator:
It honestly irritates me when people act too high and mighty for planet fitness... sure if you're branch warren, yeah you're probably too intense but I've seen plenty of HUGE competitors throw on an oversized hoodie and go in there and get a sufficient workout in. Is it ideal? Of course not. But respect your environment, don't grunt excessively loud. They're a business and you're simply not part of their targeted demographic. It's like going into a Victoria's Secret and causing a fuss over the fact that they don't sell men's work boots... they were never trying to sell to you in the first place so who cares. If that's the only gym convenient to you that day then go for it and keep to yourself. Equipment isn't great but everyone should be capable of making it work that day.

I mainly hate this topic because let's be real... 99 percent of the guys causing a fuss over how planet fitness is a pussy gym don't even look like they lift... they are just reaching for ways to make themselves sound tough. Work with what you've got rather than not work st all

You've got it all wrong! It's not that anyone is too good...maybe you haven't seen their ads? Check YouTube...they make fun of bodybuilders, say that they're too intimidating...that's why they call their gym the "Intimidation Free Zone and Judgement Free Zone." I wouldn't have an issue with them if it wasn't for the fact that they paint bodybuilders or those that train with intensity in negative light. That's the issue here, not somebody thinking they're too good to train there!

Here's a funny and sad video...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbK3wWpWNto"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbK3wWpWNto[/ame]

Check out the news story portion of the video...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBb-8nWANA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBb-8nWANA[/ame]

they call their gym the "Intimidation Free Zone and Judgement Free Zone." I wouldn't have an issue with them if it wasn't for the fact that they paint bodybuilders or those that train with intensity in negative light.

I mean.. I definitely agree with what you're saying... but PF is simply just appealing to their base.

fatties are lazy, hypocritical, extremely judgmental....and overall just complete shit.

so it's not unreasonable for someone who is trying to appeal to them to ridicule people who work hard and have actually accomplished something

case in point, my friend was working out with her obese mother in a gym - the same gym that IFBB pro Jeff Long trains at.

her mother pointed out Jeff with her flabby floppy arm and was like "omg eww... he's too big that's gross."

complete lack of introspection.

then my friend was like "yeah... that's what everyone is thinking about you right now."

story still makes me smile.

I get along with working out at planet fitness .. but i do have plenty of reasons why I like going to other gym on the days I'm pumped for a groundbreaking workout .. they do get me by on the days I need to go in and put a little stress on my body. But that's not how a guy is going to get into ridiculous shape .. having an environment of guys who like to add extra plates per set makes a huge diffrence .. its 100% the opposite at PF .. everyone is there to take it easy and enjoy there bodies the way they are .. and there motto is litterally "go hard? Go home."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Fuckkkkkkk them!

Carry on...

Planet Fitness is a majestic piece of excrement. It is despicable to see a GYM against Bodybuilding and discriminating bodybuilders. I am a member only because is only $10 a month, 24hrs, unlimited use, so when for some reason I cant do a proper workout during the day, because all the other piece of shit close early, I go to planet fitness to do at least "something" after all, theres no worse workout than not working out.

I believe that if they incorporated a full line of equipment and changed their attitude, they would take over the industry with those prices and hours. I don't know in the rest of the country, but at least here in south florida there is NO health conscious culture. Everything is about self destruction.

I can stop any minute at any gas station looking for some natural nutrition, NONE. Nothing. Zero. I can find ALLL kind of beers cool and fresh, NO NATURAL JUICES. At most some disgusting shit called muscle milk full of chemicals and nothing natural. Juices full of preservatives and sugar.

If its late and Im hungry, the only thing open is mcdonalds, or some pizza place. There are a few Diners but you pay 16-20 bucks in total for a simple healthy plate.

ALL bars and sports bars are open late, but if I wanna go workout late on a saturday night, ZERO. Nothing. Unless of course I go to planet fitness which is disgraceful. Shameful. When you look at the fitness culture in countries like Brazil, we look like a fucking joke. We're definitely in the wrong track.

Anyways. Since I go to planet late, I DO GRUNT, and I don't give a fucking flying fuck. An yes I give a bad look to little shits starring at me.

Planet Fitness is a majestic piece of excrement. It is despicable to see a GYM against Bodybuilding and discriminating bodybuilders. I am a member only because is only $10 a month, 24hrs, unlimited use, so when for some reason I cant do a proper workout during the day, because all the other piece of shit close early, I go to planet fitness to do at least "something" after all, theres no worse workout than not working out.

I believe that if they incorporated a full line of equipment and changed their attitude, they would take over the industry with those prices and hours. I don't know in the rest of the country, but at least here in south florida there is NO health conscious culture. Everything is about self destruction.

I can stop any minute at any gas station looking for some natural nutrition, NONE. Nothing. Zero. I can find ALLL kind of beers cool and fresh, NO NATURAL JUICES. At most some disgusting shit called muscle milk full of chemicals and nothing natural. Juices full of preservatives and sugar.

If its late and Im hungry, the only thing open is mcdonalds, or some pizza place. There are a few Diners but you pay 16-20 bucks in total for a simple healthy plate.

ALL bars and sports bars are open late, but if I wanna go workout late on a saturday night, ZERO. Nothing. Unless of course I go to planet fitness which is disgraceful. Shameful. When you look at the fitness culture in countries like Brazil, we look like a fucking joke. We're definitely in the wrong track.

Anyways. Since I go to planet late, I DO GRUNT, and I don't give a fucking flying fuck. An yes I give a bad look to little shits starring at me.

I bet you're the life of the party lmao

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner