over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

build muscle at planet fitness ?

fitnessmuscle

Registered
in my area we are totaly lacking gyms ,pf is open 24 hours, thats a big help ,was wondering if anyone here workouts out a planet fitness ,im wondering if a combo of smith machines and dumbells you can still make good muscle gains, you cant build muscle with smith machines is that true or just a myth, i understand if you squat 405 with smith machine, your not gonna squat 405 with the free barbell, i understand that, but does that make them useless

Make sure you don't grunt or throw weights around or they'll sound the lunk alarm off... they say it's a judgement free zone but to me the do nothing but judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You absolutely can build muscle on the Smith machine. There have actually been a few studies posted on Suppversity somewhat recently that have measured activation in the pecs and it measures up just as well, or well enough that you probably wouldn't even notice if there was a difference.

You can build mucsle with anything. Smith machines have a place, just remember it lacks range of motion. Generally they have a counter weight in them, so you may need to add weight to get the proper bar weight over you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Make sure you don't grunt or throw weights around or they'll sound the lunk alarm off... they say it's a judgement free zone but to me the do nothing but judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know bro bunch of bullshit, but if you can deal with that i guess its not that bad right, i will be working out at about 2 am cause of work schedule, probably have whole gym to myself

I hate to see anyone support that sh*thole. They're so against what we do.

You absolutely can build muscle on the Smith machine. There have actually been a few studies posted on Suppversity somewhat recently that have measured activation in the pecs and it measures up just as well, or well enough that you probably wouldn't even notice if there was a difference.

thats wonderful news bro, ya what the hell maybe do a 1 year membership and it will be a mixture of smith machines and dumbells

thats wonderful news bro, ya what the hell maybe do a 1 year membership and it will be a mixture of smith machines and dumbells

Hopefully you don't get thrown out during your first workout!

I have a membership and I like it for the most part. I pay 19$ and I get unlimited free tanning and hydro massage/chair massages.

-I have been approached by staff to stop bringing my jug of water.
-I have set off the lunk alarm once due to letting go of the incline hammer machine and it made a mild noise. The lunk alarm went off once and stopped. No one said anything.
-someone told me he have been approached by staff for wearing a tank top and intimidating people.

This pf is new and that new gym smell is still there. if a machine is out of service; expect it to be out for a while.
DBs go up to 75-80lbs

When I go; I use machines, smith machines, cable and DBs for certain exercises.

Muscles grow under tension. Your muscles don't know if you're using machine or free weights.. keep intensity high, heavy weights and keep it under tension. It grows

Last edited:
I have a membership and I like it for the most part. I pay 19$ and I get unlimited free tanning and hydro massage/chair massages.

-I have been approached by staff to stop bringing my jug of water.
-I have set off the lunk alarm once due to letting go of the incline hammer machine and it made a mild noise. The lunk alarm went off once and stopped. No one said anything.
-someone told me he have been approached by staff for wearing a tank top and intimidating people.

This pf is new and that new gym smell is still there. if a machine is out of service; expect it to be out for a while.
DBs go up to 75-80lbs

When I go; I use machines, smith machines, cable and DBs for certain exercises.

beastmode from your avatar pic your a monster, so pf must be doing something for you right

beastmode from your avatar pic your a monster, so pf must be doing something for you right

I get a great pump at planet fitness bro. since I been doing smith machine presses and squats; Idk if I wanna go back. I don't have a spot and smith machines make it easier for me to feel safe and increase the weights ..
I do have another gym membership that I go to when I need heavier DB or something new PF do not have

cracks me up... people complaining about PF

their house.. their rules

why is it a problem?

I get a great pump at planet fitness bro. since I been doing smith machine presses and squats; Idk if I wanna go back. I don't have a spot and smith machines make it easier for me to feel safe and increase the weights ..
I do have another gym membership that I go to when I need heavier DB or something new PF do not have

me either bro, im by myself ,i cant depend on others to want to workout, so what good is a bb bench, i cant max out on it like a smith machine ,plus open 24 hours a day, see what i mean

I work out there and have a membership elsewhere. There is enough free weights and Smith to get a good workout. I'm not as strong as a lot of you guys on here. I do miss the straight bar but it's a nice supplement plus it's open all night.
You get a lot of newbies because it's so cheap everyday is lik new years that's annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I hate to see anyone support that sh*thole. They're so against what we do.

Yea come to our gym it's okay if you don't work hard and eat our free junk food, what a crock of shit.

Just like "dad bods" and morbidly obese woman being proud of it. Since when the fuck is being unhealthy okay and encouraged?

That place is a load of shit with all their rules. You won't be able to deadlift and I've known people who've been kicked out for squatting heavy. But.....if it's your only option you'll still be able to build muscle there...just not the ideal environment

cracks me up... people complaining about PF

their house.. their rules

why is it a problem?

Well said...I run clubs at the district level, companies can run how they wish...members/guests tend to forget end of the day it's a business

Last edited:
Well said...I run clubs at the district level, companies can run how they wish...members/guests tend to forget end of the day it's a business

precisely.

I can't imagine how much better off this country would be if EVERYONE had a basic understanding of economics

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear