over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building a PC? Good luck finding a powerful Intel I9 processor

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Seems they have a shortage of the 14 nm chips, and cant keep up production. I also see that they produce most of them in the US. I wonder if coronavirus has much of that shut down.

For now its best to go with AMD CPUs, many more cores and faster. I will be building a new PC next spring and will have to reevaluate then. Up to now ive been an Intel fanboy. Not so sure now.

What's Intel recommendation to Hewlett Packard? Use old chips!

"Industry recommendations
For stranded customers, Intel told HPE to buy older products. The Register reported that a staff document stated that Intel recommended buyers to purchase Skylake Xeon processors for time-sensitive projects.

Dell, Intel, and Lenovo turned down requests for comment."

Their goes Intel's vast market share of CPUs.

Thanks for info !

Yeah, take a look online and try to find one of their top processors, like the X class, they aren't available anywhere. A few others I found but they are priced hundreds of dollars too high. They do have one of the lesser 8 core CPU s available at Microcenter, but I'm looking for more. I'm glad I don't need one now. Hopefully things get better next year. If not, I'll try AMD.

You can go on intel's site and look at them. Click on the buy button and it will take you to a site. Most are sold out. Most just say sold out right on their site.

The X page shows prices but when you go to a site to buy, its sold out.

I love ryzen. Once I switched from Intel I was sold.

I love ryzen. Once I switched from Intel I was sold.
They look to be gaining on Intel now. From what I read, you can't overclock them much, but they are fast enough anyhow and now have more cores. I think they have one with 64 cores!?

The X page shows prices but when you go to a site to buy, its sold out.

What’s your computer knowledge background, if ya don’t mind me asking..profession, hobby etc...

What’s your computer knowledge background, if ya don’t mind me asking..profession, hobby etc...
Just hobby. Gaming really and like the tech. Ive put together my own pc before but last couple of times I had Microcenter just do it for me. Pick out the parts and let them do it all. I can repair windows when it screws up, usually especially if I can find a good guide or have help from Microsoft over the phone.

I first got into PCs back in the mid 80s when we bought an Apple IIe. Ive got a buddy that is a wizard with computers and owns his own IT company up in AK. Being with him was a lot of fun. He used to "crack" games.

Just hobby. Gaming really and like the tech. Ive put together my own pc before but last couple of times I had Microcenter just do it for me. Pick out the parts and let them do it all. I can repair windows when it screws up, usually especially if I can find a good guide or have help from Microsoft over the phone.

I first got into PCs back in the mid 80s when we bought an Apple IIe. Ive got a buddy that is a wizard with computers and owns his own IT company up in AK. Being with him was a lot of fun. He used to "crack" games.

I actually just bought a pre-built from microcenter. Couldn't be happier.

32gb
ryzen 9 3900x
AMD rx 5700xt

AMD ryzen 5 3600 is more than enough processor for high-end gaming and other applications, I highly recommend it.

Intel has a large manufacturing advantage over AMD so they will be fine. AMD makes a value-oriented product, and because modern processors are so absurdly overpowered for their average uses, they are probably the way to go. Also, AMD motherboards from the same manufacturer are often cheaper and/or have more features.

I still have to side with Nvidia when it comes to graphics cards. From a CPU perspective I went with Intel for my build and at now 7 years old its only starting to falter with games.

To be honest, if you aren't pushing the envelope for the sake of it, or trying to just build a super computer, you dont need the latest and greatest of any of the hardware. Some guys build PC's because they want to game. Others need to do high detail rendering, and others still like to run parses and tests to see if they can best other systems (guy in IT at work does this). Only the latter 2 really require the best of the best. The gaming systems can run high / ultra with the "good" CPU's and graphics cards.

Very true. Ryzen 5 is more than powerful enough for gaming. Id still go higher end for graphics as long as its not bottlenecking the cpu

My i5 4590 is still doing well, but my RTX 2060 Super is being held back. I may switch to team red of the CPU front and get a 3700x but idk. An i7 9700 or even an 8700k can still get the job done. Those i9s are still grossly overpriced.

I only claim Team Green bc Nvidia is somehow unable to be matched in quality, mostly due to the driver updates where as AMD has some faulty ass drivers on many of their top end cards.

Very true. Ryzen 5 is more than powerful enough for gaming. Id still go higher end for graphics as long as its not bottlenecking the cpu

Im bottlenecked but all my games are good... Ive got until CyberPunk2077 to beef up my mobo and CPU. Probably a B550 mobo and Ryzen 3xxx series to make my sad 2060 Super a happy girl.

I fuckin love gaming PCs and PC components in general. Its almost like being a gearhead with cars. Having the PC equivalent to a RGB Japanese car hahah

They look to be gaining on Intel now. From what I read, you can't overclock them much, but they are fast enough anyhow and now have more cores. I think they have one with 64 cores!?

Yeah they do but Intel has something up their sleeve.

I still have to side with Nvidia when it comes to graphics cards. From a CPU perspective I went with Intel for my build and at now 7 years old its only starting to falter with games.

To be honest, if you aren't pushing the envelope for the sake of it, or trying to just build a super computer, you dont need the latest and greatest of any of the hardware. Some guys build PC's because they want to game. Others need to do high detail rendering, and others still like to run parses and tests to see if they can best other systems (guy in IT at work does this). Only the latter 2 really require the best of the best. The gaming systems can run high / ultra with the "good" CPU's and graphics cards.
Yeah, my PC is about 6 years old or so and starting to have issues playing games with all of the settings maxed out. The CPU is the bottleneck now, so even if I purchased the latest and greatest video card I would be limited. Im going to have Microcenter build me one in the Spring. Nvidias 3080 series is comming out on the 12th of this month! So I will end up getting one of those.

Last time I bought the best video card out and I am glad because I havent had to upgrade at all on that, saved me money in the long run I think. THis time I think I will spend more on the CPU as well. My goal is to be able to play everything maxed out for 5 years or more. In the past I would skimp when building one and find myself needing to upgrade after only 2 or 3 years. I dont want to mess with that, and in the end I dont think it saves much money.

Yeah they do but Intel has something up their sleeve.
Intel is also getting back into the video card business. Should be fun to watch what happens there. I dont think they will succeed. I still remember the big anti trust law suit Nvidia laid on them. My neighbor was in charge of big things at Intel and they had her out west for a month or more preparing her for the case. Im not sure what happened in the end, but i dont think Intel was too happy.

I fuckin love gaming PCs and PC components in general. Its almost like being a gearhead with cars. Having the PC equivalent to a RGB Japanese car hahah
Im the same way. It kinda sucks being into PCs, cars, and audio. Gets expensive fast on many fronts! I cant go all out in any one area, have to budget some. Out of all of those, I think audio is probably the most expensive hobby. That is until your car breaks down and needs repair, then it get ugly! Just spend over $2k just fixing a couple of minor issues with my 911.

Check this out! WOW! Serious power coming our way and much cheaper. The new RTX 3070 will outperform the RTX 2080ti and only cost $499. Just imagine the power of the new RTX 3080 and 3090!

Some audiophile equipment gets expensive fast! Check out this monoblock amp!

So, buy 2 of those and you can have stereo sound.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member