over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulk, and still staying lean

I have never seen a major difference on just gear-Diet is the key I would not eat bad in off season and eat high calories but stayed alot fatter started working with shelby eat even more food doing same thing as before hand and am putting on alot of muscle and am a lot leaner. THIS ALL LEADS TO NUTRITION.

If you are eating just as much or more food (volume) but staying leaner I assume the caloric density of the food you eat is lower, basically keep carbs low or non-existant unless insulin is active?

I think the Proper Nutrition allows you to maximize benefits of the gear. Therefore keeping you leaner and to make better gains.

If you are eating just as much or more food (volume) but staying leaner I assume the caloric density of the food you eat is lower, basically keep carbs low or non-existant unless insulin is active?

I eat so many damn carbs I don't want any more! Every meal has carbs. And on my no workout days my carbs are half.

I eat so many damn carbs I don't want any more! Every meal has carbs. And on my no workout days my carbs are half.

So your saying keep the insulin and the carbs high and the fat very low?::eek:od-smil

So your saying keep the insulin and the carbs high and the fat very low?::eek:od-smil

I did not say my fat was low I just said I eat a ton of carbs. I also eat 15G roughly of fat with almost every meal.Slin I only have on workout days pre workout and that is it.

Adonis NO JOKING .. You should be a paid sponsor here for the knowledge youve been putting out or the Member of the month easily.. FUCKING INCREDIBLE GUY RIGHT HERE..

Your a walking Bodybuilding encyclopedia... I would love to learn as much as I can from you man Im just going to check your posts as often as possible LOL ive learned so much from you already in just a few weeks

we might don't agree on many things but I'm with you 100% on this one. Adonis haven't been even 1/2 year here I've learned more from from him than any other member here, more than any guru or pro here. He knows the things, and he knows why - he has explanation on everything he says not just because everyone else arround is doing this or that lol
If the guy continues doing what he does in few years we will see very very succesfull guru, whois doing many not traditional things but things that works for sure.
Nominating this guy member of the month is the least thing this board could do for his help.
Thank you, Adonis, for steping by and giving your opinion/answers

White rice for sure, my main carb source now. As an experiment I cooked up 500 grams of it and ate it in one hit. No bloating, farting or discomfort at all. This is how I test these things. Did 250g whey yesterday in one go and had 0 issues. In future when I bulk protein will stay the same, might up fats slightly probably from almonds and walnuts, white rice will be increased to fill in extra calories. I do like to mash a medium sized sweet potato in with it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I like the high amylose varieties like Basmati the best. Jasmine is high amylopectin making it high GI.

Side note:

People often confuse the whole GI thing and make it complicated. GI has nothing to do with fiber, though fiber can affect GI. For instance, soluble fiber slows digestion (indirectly lowering G-load of a meal/carb), while insoluble fiber hastens elimination.

If one takes a carb like white rice, or any other fiberless starch, the GI is determined by the amylose:amylopectin ratio. Russet potatoes are mostly amylopectin starch, making them "high GI." Though in the context of a meal it's largely irrelevant, I've seen time and time again better glycogen levels from higher amylose starches.

Moral of the story for "bulking" or "cutting," Long grain white rice (better yet the basmati variety) is THE bodybuilding carb, IMO. Rice is cheap too :D. I've tried them all, and always end up looking best and feeling best with good ole' white rice.

I took your fasting advice. By 6:30 PM, I gave in dude. I had to stop myself from binging. Probably had about 80g Pro, 20g Fat, 120g Carbs in the day though. Not bad, but tried to fast.

Interestinly, I've eaten as much as 8 times per day, and as little as once per day. Once was not ideal, 8 was not metabolically healthy, but anywhere from 2-6 meals per day and ZERO difference in my physique. Hunger cycles fluctuate, however I've found that when consistent, the body adapts quite well to whatever feeding cycle you give it consistently. I prefer 3-4 meals per day (bigger meals). I'm never "always hungry" like I was with the standard 6 meals per day thing. When I was bigger and interested in competing (250-260lbs) I would need about 5-6 meals per day just because otherwise I wouldn't get in enough calories and each meal would be TOO big.

Anyone 220-225lbs LBM (my current weight) should be able to EASILY get away with 3-4 meals per day. This makes life and bodybuilding a lot easier. Just give your body ~2 weeks to get used to it.

I love watching bodybuilding dogma disappear and become replaced with results. :D

Adonis NO JOKING .. You should be a paid sponsor here for the knowledge youve been putting out or the Member of the month easily.. FUCKING INCREDIBLE GUY RIGHT HERE..

Your a walking Bodybuilding encyclopedia... I would love to learn as much as I can from you man Im just going to check your posts as often as possible LOL ive learned so much from you already in just a few weeks

Thanks bro! I'm NOT trying to be some self proclaimed "GURU." All my comments are just my opinion anyway.

I'm just a hyper-analytical book worm. Having a med/endo EDU background helped a lot with my bbing related knowledge. Nutrition is something I study on my own, mentored by a renowned Ph.D homeopath, because mainstream nutrition knowledge is only really good for making people sick. Society spent more energy researching drugs to fix food/lifestyle-induced epidemics than it did researching and promoting solutions to the actual bad habits/choices in the first place. What a wonderful world...

I digress often....

we might don't agree on many things but I'm with you 100% on this one. Adonis haven't been even 1/2 year here I've learned more from from him than any other member here, more than any guru or pro here. He knows the things, and he knows why - he has explanation on everything he says not just because everyone else arround is doing this or that lol
If the guy continues doing what he does in few years we will see very very succesfull guru, whois doing many not traditional things but things that works for sure.
Nominating this guy member of the month is the least thing this board could do for his help.
Thank you, Adonis, for steping by and giving your opinion/answers

Really appreciate that guys!

Wasn't my intention to be any type of guru but I'm always happy to share my .02c

Last edited:
I like the high amylose varieties like Basmati the best. Jasmine is high amylopectin making it high GI.

Side note:

People often confuse the whole GI thing and make it complicated. GI has nothing to do with fiber, though fiber can affect GI. For instance, soluble fiber slows digestion (indirectly lowering G-load of a meal/carb), while insoluble fiber hastens elimination.

If one takes a carb like white rice, or any other fiberless starch, the GI is determined by the amylose:amylopectin ratio. Russet potatoes are mostly amylopectin starch, making them "high GI." Though in the context of a meal it's largely irrelevant, I've seen time and time again better glycogen levels from higher amylose starches.

That's what I use long grain and basmati. I Google there gi and they were by far the cheapest. Win win. Means I can spend less on food and more on gh

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I took your fasting advice. By 6:30 PM, I gave in dude. I had to stop myself from binging. Probably had about 80g Pro, 20g Fat, 120g Carbs in the day though. Not bad, but tried to fast.

Your body has to adapt to fasting. You should not expect to be good at it the first time you try it.

Last edited:
I am nominating Adonis89 for February member of the month as long as he meets the per-requisites. I actually stalk your posts because I learn so much. Great addition to this board lately.

Properly aligning food intake with the body's hormonal cycles (i.e. fasting/feasting to some degree) would unveil the progress many guys have been after for years I'm certain. everyone's just afraid to try!!

brown rice is shit for digestion, IMO, and for many other reasons, set's the body up for BLOAT. At least this is my experience and that of many I know.

Would you mind elaborating more on aligning ones food intake with regards to hormonal cycles?

Would you mind elaborating more on aligning ones food intake with regards to hormonal cycles?

He mentioned he eats 3-4 meals 75-100g protein per meal, carbs/fats depending if it's training/non-training day...he has one of the best physiques here IMO and still at very young age

Adonis should just make a blog style thread with his views on training, nutrition, and drugs.

Adonis should just make a blog style thread with his views on training, nutrition, and drugs.

:yeahthat:

I would check that 5x per day lol.

8 was not metabolically healthy

Adonis please explain this statement, do you mean specifically for you and your body?
Also your avi has your pic but Im trying to determine your meal intake based off your bodyweight, how much do you weigh 230-240?
Maybe you stated it and I missed it.

The reason I ask is I have been eating 8 meals a day for about 5 years now, today in fact I ate 9.
I am also hovering between 275-280 so Im trying to determine if this is metabolically unhealthy in your view for me as well.

Weight depends on diet and what kind of eating we are using.Physical workouts also concern much. you dont have to accept unwanted weight gain to put on slabs of muscle.Your doing something wrong gains take time ..1-2 lbs a week is more then enough.

Weight depends on diet and what kind of eating we are using.Physical workouts also concern much. you dont have to accept unwanted weight gain to put on slabs of muscle.Your doing something wrong gains take time ..1-2 lbs a week is more then enough.

Are you replying to me or the OP?

FWIW iv been running only 200mg tren hex 100 testcyp and 2 t3/t4 combo tabs a day (all Mao labs which is the strongest shit iv ever tried) and combined with eating mega high carb pwo only on training days and off days only 100g carbs I'm getting leaner by the day and weight is slowly climbing.
No cardio except the horizontal kind

I have found through personal experience, and there is some research and anecdote to support, that between 1-2g protein/lb LBM and between 1-3+g carbs/lb LBM, with enough fats (50-75g) has been about ideal for me. I let multiple things dictate how I adjust within those ranges, and they are not strict ranges unless dieting down in a strict calculated fashion.

For instance:

If my training intensity is high, I'll notice my body craves more protein and some added carbs to recover. My appetite increases and I feed it accordingly.

-On AAS, I can handle more protein and my appetite will justify it.

-On AAS + GH I can handle more carbs + protein + fat (I barely add much though) and my appetite is up to justify that. This is where I'm at the 1.5-1.75g/lb LBM protein and carbs for a ballpark average.

-On AAS + GH + Slin I need closer to 2g/lb LBM+ of protein/carbs to satisfy my appetite.

Here is why focusing on creating the appetite is a much better idea than force feeding:

Think of when babies are growing, or adolescents during puberty. Big appetites. Why - because their bodies are pumping out GH (younger children) and androgens (puberty), which cause metabolic changes in the body. Those changes are processes, and those processes require energy and raw material. The body is smart, so it tells us we're hungry. If we feed it well, it grows well. As bodybuilders, we have a very good (or should have at least) idea of the type of nutrition that works well for us both in general, and for ourselves individually.

Force feeding for the sake of growing has only made me and anyone I know fat..even if it's all "clean," though less so of course than if I ate "dirty."

**sorry If my writing is crappy - long, exhausting day**

He mentioned he eats 3-4 meals 75-100g protein per meal, carbs/fats depending if it's training/non-training day...he has one of the best physiques here IMO and still at very young age

Thanks! 3-4 meals has proven ideal for me. I've eaten up to 5 or 6 when I was at a very high LBM, but that's mainly because I needed many more calories and 3-4 meals would create meals that are simply too big on most occasions.

Was thinking about that, mainly to help answer the similar questions in PM's that I get (not that I have a problem with them). When my schedule lightens up a bit I may do so.

8 was not metabolically healthy

Adonis please explain this statement, do you mean specifically for you and your body?
Also your avi has your pic but Im trying to determine your meal intake based off your bodyweight, how much do you weigh 230-240?
Maybe you stated it and I missed it.

The reason I ask is I have been eating 8 meals a day for about 5 years now, today in fact I ate 9.
I am also hovering between 275-280 so Im trying to determine if this is metabolically unhealthy in your view for me as well.

When I was 250-260lbs and very lean, I was eating about 5-6 times per day. I simply couldn't fit all of the calories I needed in 3-4 meals. I hesitated to go above 6 because the body has a feeding cycle, that should ideally be completed before another meal. This is on average 3-5 hours, based on the hormonal responses to food (insulin then GH/Glucagon, etc). Things change a bit when taking some insulin (which I did here and there at that high LBM), but I still ensured that there was enough time between meals to let my postprandial BG go down and stay down for a bit before eating again.

I found that with 6+ meals, for me, my BG numbers stayed elevated between meals, which over time can compound into insulin resistance. Eating that frequently isn't really metabolically healthy because of that reason. We have feeding/fasting cycles in response to a meal.

Now, you are quite heavy, and if most of that is LBM, then you very well may not be "unhealthy" by eating so often. If you are eating to your appetite, and you are lean and otherwise healthy, then I don't see how it can be firmly considered unhealthy in your situation. When <250lb or even <200lb guys are eating 6-8 times per day, I can say with confidence they are probably in most cases doing more harm than good.

If I were you, I'd check your fasting am BG, and your postprandial BG at 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours and 3 hours after a meal (if you do ever go 3 hours between meals, that is).

^^In the avi I'm about 225lbs^^ - my current weight.

Last edited:
I have found through personal experience, and there is some research and anecdote to support, that between 1-2g protein/lb LBM and between 1-3+g carbs/lb LBM, with enough fats (50-75g) has been about ideal for me. I let multiple things dictate how I adjust within those ranges, and they are not strict ranges unless dieting down in a strict calculated fashion.

For instance:

If my training intensity is high, I'll notice my body craves more protein and some added carbs to recover. My appetite increases and I feed it accordingly.

-On AAS, I can handle more protein and my appetite will justify it.

-On AAS + GH I can handle more carbs + protein + fat (I barely add much though) and my appetite is up to justify that. This is where I'm at the 1.5-1.75g/lb LBM protein and carbs for a ballpark average.

-On AAS + GH + Slin I need closer to 2g/lb LBM+ of protein/carbs to satisfy my appetite.

Here is why focusing on creating the appetite is a much better idea than force feeding:

Think of when babies are growing, or adolescents during puberty. Big appetites. Why - because their bodies are pumping out GH (younger children) and androgens (puberty), which cause metabolic changes in the body. Those changes are processes, and those processes require energy and raw material. The body is smart, so it tells us we're hungry. If we feed it well, it grows well. As bodybuilders, we have a very good (or should have at least) idea of the type of nutrition that works well for us both in general, and for ourselves individually.

Force feeding for the sake of growing has only made me and anyone I know fat..even if it's all "clean," though less so of course than if I ate "dirty."

**sorry If my writing is crappy - long, exhausting day**

Thanks Adonis. Answered my question and then some.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear