over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking And abdomen distention

I better start bulking in the winter then where I can hide it. I never really had a perfect offseason where my main goal to put on max size. I always ate when I'm hungry and tried to get my body weight in protein and that's it. This time around is different, size matters this year. I guess I was in denial ; I knew it was part of the game but hoped for a solution.

Carb cycling maybe? I think carbs is the main reason I get bloated as it pulls water to the stomach with it ?

If you tend to consume a decent amount of water with your meals, you will find that HCl becomes diluted as well as pepsin, the enzyme responsible for protein assimilation. Carbohydrates are not the only potential cause. This will result in bloating, distention, and indigestion. Limiting water consumption during meals and refraining from doing so 10-20 minutes preprandial and 10-20 minutes postprandial may result in some benefit for you.

This is often why consuming digestive enzymes work for most who do consume water with their meals, by adding in more of what is being diluted, negates the issue at hand. Most do not "need" digestive enzymes, but do well with them as they are treating a symptom caused by self induced factors, without a true underlying concern.
For those that do supplement with them, continue to do so if experiencing benefit, no problems there.
Maintaining a healthy pH level will help reduce enzyme dilution as well.

Also, remain hydrated and consume proper electrolytes and maintain them in balance, but do keep it simple. It's very easy to over complicate things like this. Carbohydrates do require sodium and water to be stored and used by the body; without sodium and water available within the body, carbohydrates will remain in the gut. Think peaking/loading for a show here.

If you tend to consume a decent amount of water with your meals, you will find that HCl becomes diluted as well as pepsin, the enzyme responsible for protein assimilation. Carbohydrates are not the only potential cause. This will result in bloating, distention, and indigestion. Limiting water consumption during meals and refraining from doing so 10-20 minutes preprandial and 10-20 minutes postprandial may result in some benefit for you.

This is often why consuming digestive enzymes work for most who do consume water with their meals, by adding in more of what is being diluted, negates the issue at hand. Most do not "need" digestive enzymes, but do well with them as they are treating a symptom caused by self induced factors, without a true underlying concern.
For those that do supplement with them, continue to do so if experiencing benefit, no problems there.
Maintaining a healthy pH level will help reduce enzyme dilution as well.

Also, remain hydrated and consume proper electrolytes and maintain them in balance, but do keep it simple. It's very easy to over complicate things like this. Carbohydrates do require sodium and water to be stored and used by the body; without sodium and water available within the body, carbohydrates will remain in the gut. Think peaking/loading for a show here.

Not comsuming water (or tiny amounts) whilst eating most meals has helped me recently. I recommend everyone try it who is concerned with stomach distention. I got that from Ameen Alai.

Not comsuming water (or tiny amounts) whilst eating most meals has helped me recently. I recommend everyone try it who is concerned with stomach distention. I got that from Ameen Alai.
I got this from the Indian yoga Guru Baba Ramdev who makes Divya mukta Vati for BP.

He advocates the same thing. Ancient yogic practice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

He also says dont stand and drink water

and

Dont drink ice cold water. water should be room temp , the temp your body is at sort of.

and

says big no no to fizzy drinks

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
It's just part of the deal but a few things I have seen help..

- reduce fluid intake around meals and don't force it down. Drink when thirsty.
- reduce fiber intake by using less fibrous carb sources. Your food should be high enough where you shouldn't need additional fiber from fibrous carbs and veggies or even a fiber supplement (although good for you)
- things like rice, cream of rice, bagels, English muffincs, and kids cereals have low fiber amounts.
- Experiment with a good probiotic
- limit oral usage in off season.
- keep regular cardio in
- use more protein powders instead of meat. Maybe 50:50 and see if that helps.
- limit egg whites (bc they have lots of volume and some people don't digest well)

Is it avoidable? to put on muscle, you have to eat. Problem is, eating that much food in surplus will cause your belly to stick out. How do you prevent that? is it part of the game?

part of the game brother best thing to do is get some good digestive enzymes and continue to eat. you will suffer with gas and bloat but hey. got to grow

Hard to say what an individual cause is. Everyone has a different biochemistry, you me and x y z all metabolize things differently. I know personally to be over 230 requires a lot of food and some degree of distension comes with it. I would not suggest limiting fiber but perhaps changing fiber sources to more greens and stringy veggies like celery for the invaluable insoluble fiber.

I think it has to do with the 8 ounces of protein you ate 2 hours before. I am sure that is not long enough to digest it especially red meat and when you do that all day you are pregnant by the end of the day. This has worked for me but I am not bulking. each meal 5 ounces of meat and I sip on 100 grams of a protein drink all day. I dont chug it all at once. I make a drink that has 50 grams egg whites, 2 whole eggs and 40 some grams of powder beef protein.

x2

me too.

ameen explains it well. He held a little water in a cup say a gulp or 2 and thats it. thats all he said u drink with food. done

I have written about the below in a diff thread before...

lot of people here use or talk about divya mukta vat well the yogi who made it also preaches same guidelines for water consumption. ditto.

one is a yogi from India practising Ayurveda and another one is a western science based coach.how very interesting.

Baba ramdev says one more thing though..

Always drink water which is at room temp. Never drink ice cold water. thats like poison to your digestive system he said! damn i cant give up iced zero sugar fanta. top bad.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You wrote it above so it was this thread ;)

x2

me too.

ameen explains it well. He held a little water in a cup say a gulp or 2 and thats it. thats all he said u drink with food. done

I have written about the below in a diff thread before...

lot of people here use or talk about divya mukta vat well the yogi who made it also preaches same guidelines for water consumption. ditto.

one is a yogi from India practising Ayurveda and another one is a western science based coach.how very interesting.

Baba ramdev says one more thing though..

Always drink water which is at room temp. Never drink ice cold water. thats like poison to your digestive system he said! damn i cant give up iced zero sugar fanta. top bad.

You wrote it above so it was this thread ;)
hahaha i was just scrolling this thread upwards as i am on my phone as always and saw the post. oh well.

people can read it twice now if they dont get it the first time lol

If your body is at room temperature, then you're dead bro
the water should be at room temp. like a bottle sitting outside not in fridge. not the body temp thingy of course lol sorry guys that came out wrong.

the water should be at room temp. like a bottle sitting outside not in fridge. not the body temp thingy of course lol sorry guys that came out wrong.

Cold water is much harder for the body to assimilate and use

ok thanks heavy. I didnt know the reasoning behind cold water thing. he didn't explain. probably that's why he said its poison for your body. Baba Ramdev says no to fizzy drinks, cold drinks. no carbonated drinks.

ok thanks heavy. I didnt know the reasoning behind cold water thing. he didn't explain. probably that's why he said its poison for your body. Baba Ramdev says no to fizzy drinks, cold drinks. no carbonated drinks.

It also has an environmental effect. Like say if it's very hot outside and you drink ice cold water....it can be a shock to the system. You never want to give ice water to someone suffering from a heat related illness

The only time I drink a lot of water with meals is during prep or a dieting phase when hunger becomes an issue. I actually welcome the bloat at that point lol. Tricks me into thinking I'm full :p

yes, have heard this before. I think that's why it's recommended to have room temperature water with meals (don't drink a lot of water during meals, though), but between meals to drink ice cold water as it has a mildly thermic effect when the body has to cool the water to its' temperature.

What I wrote could be completely wrong, but that's always been my understanding of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity