over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking And abdomen distention

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Is it avoidable? to put on muscle, you have to eat. Problem is, eating that much food in surplus will cause your belly to stick out. How do you prevent that? is it part of the game?

I wonder this as well.
I have been eating a little more than usual lately and man! Is my stomach bloated most of the day. :/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Is it avoidable? to put on muscle, you have to eat. Problem is, eating that much food in surplus will cause your belly to stick out. How do you prevent that? is it part of the game?

It's temporary, large meals and drugs will cause you to hold water inside the abdominal cavity but dropping the calories for a few days will flatten the stomach out.

But there is really no reason to overeat, don't try do add 10, 20 etc lbs, even 5lbs per year is good progress and you don't have to "bulk" to do this

I always get bloated when I increase calories. Almost every kind of AAS makes it worse for me as well. I am trying to identify certain things in my diet that exacerbates it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Professional Muscle mobile app

It's temporary, large meals and drugs will cause you to hold water inside the abdominal cavity but dropping the calories for a few days will flatten the stomach out.

But there is really no reason to overeat, don't try do add 10, 20 etc lbs, even 5lbs per year is good progress and you don't have to "bulk" to do this

Yeah; I realized it was temporary. I dropped my cal back to precontest cal and stomach started to flatten out.
but even going 500 over my maintenance calories bloats me. I need more than 5 pounds this year. at least 10, not settling for less.

I have put on muscle without bulking and just gear. But it was slow and I didn't care much. Is there another way? Let me hear your way goal.

Last edited:
Yeah; I realized it was temporary. I dropped my cal back to precontest cal and stomach started to flatten out.
but even going 500 over my maintenance calories bloats me. I need more than 5 pounds this year. at least 10, not settling for less.

I have put on muscle without bulking and just gear. But it was slow and I didn't care much. Is there another way? Let me hear your way goal.

I like eating all of my meats ground up, easier to digest and eat, take plenty of fiber and get at least 50% of your protein from shakes. All makes it easier on the stomach

to get at least 10 lbs of muscle you will have to use an amount of drugs that is new to you along with enough food (maintenance or slightly above). Unless you are a complete newbie to training/aas 10 lbs of stage weight is very hard to gain in a year.

Hgh seems to be the best way for someone that's been using aas to get to the next size level

I like eating all of my meats ground up, easier to digest and eat, take plenty of fiber and get at least 50% of your protein from shakes. All makes it easier on the stomach

to get at least 10 lbs of muscle you will have to use an amount of drugs that is new to you along with enough food (maintenance or slightly above). Unless you are a complete newbie to training/aas 10 lbs of stage weight is very hard to gain in a year.

Hgh seems to be the best way for someone that's been using aas to get to the next size level

Thanks goal.

Part of the game if wanting to add legit mass.

Once you cut down or even drop calories, it'll subside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try This

Guys try this. It has helped me out as I increase my calories.

Best Digestive Enzymes with Amylase, Bromelain & Li​pase - Reduce Gas, Bloating & Ind​igestion - Break Down Fats, Carbs, Proteins, Gluten & More - Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, 100% Natural, Full Spectrum

Attachments

• Digestive Enzymes.jpg
    Digestive Enzymes.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 390
Bloating is part of the game. Eventually your body will adjust. You may want to throw in a low carb day here and there but keep cals close to the same (increase fats). This seems to help me a bit. In addition to extra water.

10 pounds of stage weight in a year wont be possible....
but 2 to 3 would be reasonable....5 would be outstanding
....I always look at a pound of ground beef, that's ALOT of
muscle to grow in a year...

and unfortunately the distention WILL be there ANY TIME you are
trying to put on muscle....the key to keep it under control
would be to not over eat....

I better start bulking in the winter then where I can hide it. I never really had a perfect offseason where my main goal to put on max size. I always ate when I'm hungry and tried to get my body weight in protein and that's it. This time around is different, size matters this year. I guess I was in denial ; I knew it was part of the game but hoped for a solution.

Carb cycling maybe? I think carbs is the main reason I get bloated as it pulls water to the stomach with it ?

I better start bulking in the winter then where I can hide it. I never really had a perfect offseason where my main goal to put on max size. I always ate when I'm hungry and tried to get my body weight in protein and that's it. This time around is different, size matters this year. I guess I was in denial ; I knew it was part of the game but hoped for a solution.

Carb cycling maybe? I think carbs is the main reason I get bloated as it pulls water to the stomach with it ?

Not just carbs. Even high fats causes distention if calories are high enough.

If size is your goal, just go through the process. Think about long term goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say what an individual cause is. Everyone has a different biochemistry, you me and x y z all metabolize things differently. I know personally to be over 230 requires a lot of food and some degree of distension comes with it. I would not suggest limiting fiber but perhaps changing fiber sources to more greens and stringy veggies like celery for the invaluable insoluble fiber.

There's no way I'm limiting fiber.
Distended and constipated is not the business. And there's no way I can get enough veggies in my diet if I'm trying to eat.. veggies will fill me up and I won't be able to eat.
oats is my go to and so is brown rice mix with white.

ripped and jacked from the top with a belly... oh well. Anything for the gains

10 pounds of stage weight in a year wont be possible....
but 2 to 3 would be reasonable....5 would be outstanding
....I always look at a pound of ground beef, that's ALOT of
muscle to grow in a year...

and unfortunately the distention WILL be there ANY TIME you are
trying to put on muscle....the key to keep it under control
would be to not over eat....

First I want to say I agree that large jumps in stage weight is extremely difficult in a year. But I'm curious on your thoughts on how certain pros or high level guys have done it in the past? Do you think its just dose related, there genetics, or they finally just got everything dialed in right?

Everyone has pretty much covered it. Picking food sources that suit you best. Ground meats or even blend and drink them. Standard meat is fine but I recommend bromelain before all meat or high protein meals. Digestive enzymes are good in general. Plenty of fiber mainly from greens and veg but something like psyllium husk would be good. If you don't want to eat too many greens as they fill you up add in a good quality greens powder. Good quality fats to boost daily calories. No more than approx 80g carbs per meal unless it's post workout. Wear a waist trainer for long parts of the day. Just do bodyweight ab exercises. Don't over eat.

Now you can put on 10 pounds of stage weight but it depends upon a persons starting point. You are already looking great so it would be extremely hard. You would have to do things you have never done before like more drugs and a 100% diet all year. It is possible and many do it but as others have stated 5 pounds would be more realistic. But use that as fuel to make sure you do it but again don't over eat and just be 100% with everything. I do think 1 pounds of muscle per month is possible if you are a machine though :) But don't force things as that is a recipe to get fatter.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc