over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking Tip for hardgainers

One thing i recommend for hard gainers ( i am one myself)

is to get your 8 hours of sleep at least...

One thing i recommend for hard gainers ( i am one myself)

is to get your 8 hours of sleep at least...

Very true. I want to add and have a really big meal before bed as well otherwise you wake up 5 pounds lighter :eek::p

Here's a short list of nice high calorie choices that I've had success with. A lot of this is dirty food, but if you need the cals, it's effective. And to anything on this list, add 2 or 3 glasses of whole milk.

PB&J
Frozen pizza
Fast food burgers
McDonalds breakfast
A bucket of KFC(thanks Lee Priest)
Lunch meat and cheese sandwiches, lots of mayo
Grilled ham and cheese
Pot pies
Hot pockets
Chicken nuggets/patties
A pint of ben & Jerry's
Taco Bell, shredded chicken burrito X5

Again, for folks struggling to gain. Awww hell, I wrote that to feel better about my diet. If you want an impressive strongman build, but without the actual strength, follow my advice.

I actually don't mind the BOOST PLUS, it helps fill the gap between meals if your in a hurry

8oz Serving Chocolate
360 Calories
14g Fat
14g Pro
45g Carbs
26 Vitamins/Minerals

The Dymatize Super Mass Gainer Chocolate isn't bad, but definitely a little thick

Last edited:
I actually don't mind the BOOST PLUS, it helps fill the gap between meals if your in a hurry

8oz Serving Chocolate
360 Calories
14g Fat
14g Pro
45g Carbs
26 Vitamins/Minerals

The Dymatize Super Mass Gainer Chocolate isn't bad, but definitely a little thick

What size shaker are you using? Are you also blending it or just shaking it? If you put it in a jug with approx 2 litres of water it obviously won't be so thick. That also makes it ideal for drinking over a long period (30-60 mins) like I tend to do. My last jug broke but I do have a useful oversized shaker cup I use now.

Besides the shakes I like to eat wholesome food and don't look or feel good on lot's of junk food. I also don't feel healthy consuming lot's of junk food. Now for a fast food type meal I like footlong subways and the calories add up for those. I sometimes go to a local turkish place and get a massive plate full of meat with bread, rice or fries and salad. Both are not ideal but not that bad. Although I am not a fan of tonnes of fat and carbs in one meal such as pizzas and fried chicken. High salt is very useful but those type of foods can have ridiculous amounts of salt in them. We all have our own ways. Fact is a true hardgainer could eat tonnes and never get fat but they are rare and usually young.

I think a simple way of adding calories for hardgainers is consuming nut butter between all meals. It can work out very cheap and the added fats/protein really add up. Even just a tablespoon 5 times daily could really help. Obviously it's not rocket science and you just need to eat a lot of calories and try to maximize the utilization/absorption of everything you take in whilst keeping appetite high.

Last edited:
What size shaker are you using? Are you also blending it or just shaking it? If you put it in a jug with approx 2 litres of water it obviously won't be so thick. That also makes it ideal for drinking over a long period (30-60 mins) like I tend to do. My last jug broke but I do have a useful oversized shaker cup I use now.

Besides the shakes I like to eat wholesome food and don't look or feel good on lot's of junk food. I also don't feel healthy consuming lot's of junk food. Now for a fast food type meal I like footlong subways and the calories add up for those. I sometimes go to a local turkish place and get a massive plate full of meat with bread, rice or fries and salad. Both are not ideal but not that bad. Although I am not a fan of tonnes of fat and carbs in one meal such as pizzas and fried chicken. High salt is very useful but those type of foods can have ridiculous amounts of salt in them. We all have our own ways. Fact is a true hardgainer could eat tonnes and never get fat but they are rare and usually young.

I think a simple way of adding calories for hardgainers is consuming nut butter between all meals. It can work out very cheap and the added fats/protein really add up. Even just a tablespoon 5 times daily could really help. Obviously it's not rocket science and you just need to eat a lot of calories and try to maximize the utilization/absorption of everything you take in whilst keeping appetite high.

I've been using a blender, I need to use more water I was trying to keep volume low but I need to thin them out a bit more.

I've been using Dymatize or Boost between whole meals instead of snacking on junk or not eating at all

Last edited:
If you want to gain some serious weight there and are in SoCal or near a six flags amusement park , inside one of their stores they have a small hand sized type of brittle nut bar, I shit u not it has like 3000 calories!!! Of course most of it is fat and carb calories but still it’s the most calorie dense food item I’ve EVER seen.

Here's what I was TALKING ABOUT!!! This thing will add some serious weight if you cannot break your barrier, just taking some protein powder with it since it doesn't seem to have any LOL.

I've been using a blender, I need to use more water I was trying to keep volume low but I need to thin them out a bit more.

I've been using Dymatize or Boost between whole meals instead of snacking on junk or not eating at all

I should have quoted Papa Van Smack as well as those last 2 paragraphs were in reply to his post. Yes it can be awkward with blenders. I have a smaller nutribullet and the cup isn't that big. So probably best emptying into a larger container and adding more water and shaking. I was going to buy a new nutribullet as the container is huge so it's ideal for these drinks or when you want to throw in loads of oats, veg, fruit etc.

Yes, Brian Shaw does this if memory serves. A heaping tablespoon of peanut butter with every meal. A great way to add calories, slow absorption, and hey, that healthy fat content is great for the central nervous system too!

Some great information in here.

What’s the most important for me is picking foods that digest quickly and well. Allowing the stomach and gastric transit time to be as quick as possible.

If done right you should be able to keep a good appetite.

I’m hitting 4000kcal roughly daily n am hungry or could happily eat/want to eat all day.

This in my opinion is the key. People pick kcal dense stuff but this tends to be hard to digest n can be counter productive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great point. I've found rice and fish digest most easily for me, but my body seems to like a bit more fat. Or maybe that's just my appetite. I like to include pineapple, I read it helps speed up digestion. I tried it, and I found that it was effective for me.

Cottage Cheese is a great choice, and I usually try to use a few Tablespoons of PB a day.

I grabbed some Boost High Calorie today (Vanilla) just to try

Good one on the boost mooseknuckles, I was visiting my dad today, he's elderly, and a saw a pack of boost cans in the pantry. So I asked him about it and he just lit up. He said it gives him good energy without any hard digestive work for his stomach.

Good one on the boost mooseknuckles, I was visiting my dad today, he's elderly, and a saw a pack of boost cans in the pantry. So I asked him about it and he just lit up. He said it gives him good energy without any hard digestive work for his stomach.

The Chocolate ones actually taste great, Vanilla is ok

Cottage Cheese is a great choice, and I usually try to use a few Tablespoons of PB a day.

I grabbed some Boost High Calorie today (Vanilla) just to try

I just looked at the Boost Nutritional Drink ingredients and, as you probably know, they are terrible, but for someone wanting to gain weight, I guess it could work. How is the taste and how easy do you digest it? Does it leave you bloated and full for a long time or are you ready to pound another meal soon after drinking it?

I just looked at the Boost Nutritional Drink ingredients and, as you probably know, they are terrible, but for someone wanting to gain weight, I guess it could work. How is the taste and how easy do you digest it? Does it leave you bloated and full for a long time or are you ready to pound another meal soon after drinking it?

No bloat and I am only using it a few times a day, I get busy at work and don't have time to eat whole food so its Boost, Dymatize, or some kind of shake, its better than not eating at all, the ingredients are better than eating a bag of sour patch kids, or drinking a coke.

I'm not telling anyone to drink anything, I'm trying something else cause what I have been doing isn't working

I can eat right after, there only 8oz drinks, no bloat and I also have Ulcerative Colitis for the last 24yrs, I never said they were the most healthy I am looking for quick calories when I'm busy

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner