over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking to cutting transition

Ace0

Registered
Newbies
Ultimate noob question here. Should you have a maintenance/hardening phase after bulking before you start a cut? Why or why not? I’ve heard things like “solidifying” gains or that you’ll lose some of the gains because the muscle will catabolize before it’s fully formed.

It’s a bad habit I have going from bulk to cut because of my lack of patience and I’m wondering if there is truth and/or science backing it. Any info or anecdotes are greatly appreciated.

thanks

I’ve also heard stuff like the set point theory that’s usually when people talk about bodyfat but may be relevant for muscle as well. The body likes homeostasis.

Most of what I have read point to point to maintaining muscle for a while to solidify the gain before dieting. As for set point i have heard it about body weight. And as a fat kid growing up I found that as I got older I my percentage of bodyfat and replaced it with muscle and found that maintaining the same weight was "normal" even though the percentages changed.

Most of what I have read point to point to maintaining muscle for a while to solidify the gain before dieting. As for set point i have heard it about body weight. And as a fat kid growing up I found that as I got older I my percentage of bodyfat and replaced it with muscle and found that maintaining the same weight was "normal" even though the percentages changed.
Okay perfect that’s exactly what I’ve read. As another far kid I definitely agree on the weight set point thing. I’ve been the same weight since high school body but at about 20-30% less bodyfat. I wonder how it’ll go attempting to raise my set point because up to this point I’d just fall back down 5-10lbs and was a little bit leaner now for once I’m finally happy with my settling bodyfat and won’t some mass on this frame.

From what I’ve seen and dealt with personally is people “bulk” and get fat then end up losing muscle trying to diet it off.

My personal way is to run as little gear as possible to keep making progress and increase my calories 500-750 a day over maintenance. Every 6 weeks or so the dose goes up a little and so do the calories. The scale slowly increase , body fat stays reasonable (12%ish) and the lifts keep going up.

When it’s time to start diet (contest prep) the doses go up a little and the calories come down a little , like 250 a day. The training intensity stay high , after 4-5 weeks the dose goes up a little and the calories come down a little. Depending on fat loss progress , the dictates how many calories get cut and when cardio gets added

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws