over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Business Suits! Help!!!

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok, this is a little OT but I figured I can't be the only guy here having this issue.

I went to get fitted by my tailor. Here's the deal, I need a Jacket Size of 52 and, even though I'm a little chunkier than usual in the waist right now, my pant size is 36'ish. Making matters worse, I need a little extra room in the hips/ass and the legs, even though I don't have huge legs, can be a little tight unless you get like the size 40's or so.

Basically, the Tailor is telling me that for all the work he has to do in order to make this work, I may be better off having suits made even though he hates to send my business away. Also, the damn shirts are a pain too. 18.5" necck but then I have to get them all 'darted', increasing the cost of my shirts by 20 bucks.

Here's the thing, I cannot afford to have suits made. I'm assuming I'm not the only guy out here suffering this problem so I need Idea's. For you guys who have to wear suits every day, is there a better, more cost effective solution or am I just screwed?

Funny I just went and bought my first suit in several years. I was lucky to fit in an 18" colar neck for my shirt for starters. Anyway I don't know if i got luck or what but I found a suit at Khoals (Billy London brand) that fit. Pant legs were a little snug but not bad looking. Maybe give them a try.

i get all my suits taylor made. cost me around EUR 600 per suit. I get my shirts taylormade too. Its expensive, but walking around in a regular suit makes you look like a fool. You can also buy a regular suit based on the jacket size that fits you and just adjust the pants. This might be cost effective.

if the suits are a business expense im pretty sure they can be written off on your taxes so keep that in mind..

The only way besides custom made suits are buying "separates" and having them tailored to fit. I usually buy a 52" athletic cut suit jacket and 33" pants and have them altered for about another $150. As for shirts, i've tried a bunch of different brands and found that Geoffrey Beene "fitted" shirts to be the best fit for bodybuilders. It'll still be a little baggy in the midsection, but won't look ridiculous like most do. Hope this helps.

If i were you i would call Kaufmans Big and tall in Denver.. Ask for Jim.. If that place cant help you or send you in the right direction im not sure who can.. I have been shopping there since i was 14.. I cant remember who it was but he told me they fit an IFBB pro with a jacket of the rack that only had to have minor alterations to the sleeves and body.. They also fit clothes for brian shaw (6'9 390).. Good luck

Custom Suit Option

I know Steve, this is probably not what you want- but trust me, if you get 2 or 3 classic-style suits, they will last for years (have them leave fabric in for letting out legs, arms etc for various "phases" in bulking/cutting).

Then get a few custom shirts - throw in french cuffs / monogram cuffs and you will not believe how many compliments you get.

The place is a little overpriced but they come to your house and fit you, deliver suits personally, and even bring shoes, etc to show you. Trust me, you will look like a million and only spend a couple thousand :) But I also like "great value" to and head to Los Angeles fashion district for $10 dress shirts that work for the average day.

Custom Suits, Custom Made Suits, Men’s Designer Suits, Tailored Clothing, Best Suits for Men and Women

I'd actually like to wear suits more than "business casual" as the trendy clothes cost much too and are out of fashion fast. But off-the rack, I have to buy seperate jacket and slacks usually.

Jones of New York Athletic Fit or a suit separate sometimes works if you can find a nice one.

In my own experience, regardless of how much you tailor a suit, it's going to fit very awkwardly due to you having body proportions that are dramatically different than those of most other people.

When you're a lifter and you're big, custom suits are the way to go. It's just part of the lifestyle.

Thanks guys. This is all good information.

last one I got a men's warehouse they pieced together...still doesn't look great.

everyone there said please just go have one made next time. they had to work on it 3 times and still it really stings me I spend 700 bucks on it.

I believe them..get one made

You should ask around for a traveling tailor. In my area (SF bay area) a lot of tailors fly in from Honk Kong (maybe india now)- book a hotel room for a few days and get orders for custom suits- they would be made back in hong kong and shipped or the taylor would bring them back next time (I forget- this was about 15+ years ago) I did this years ago when I had to wear a suit every day for the big law firm life. It was relatively inexpensive compared to a domestic custom suit and worked great- very high quality.

Mens Warehouse bro. They suit up plenty of pro football players, I get suits there, lifetime pressing and tailoring. Get a nice wool one, cost you about $300 roughly but will last a long time.
They will tailor it all for you.
I wear a 60 jacket tailored and 42 pants tailored, because my waist much smaller and the jacket is made to fit fat fucks not guys with big chests.

based on my dimensions, and I'm not a huge guy like some of you folks, i've beed advised by every suit place in town that i'm going to have to go MTM...sometimes smaller tailors can do it, or there are travelling trunk shows with guys from hong kong...

Shirts are easier to dart, but eve those are not fun for me to buy either...

If you can buy seperates, that can work, otherwise, get a good MTM. Pick a classic cut and colour (navy, Charcol) and use the tie/shoes/shirt to add style...that way it should last longer.

All good info. I actually looked at the Thomas James site and will do that down the road. For now, I've been out of work too long and just can't swing that.

A couple of you guys mentioned Mens Wharehouse. I actually called them yesterday and spoke with one of the managers. He was pretty straight shooting. He told me that they can re-cut the jacket, give me separates on the pants. I could go to like a size 40 and have the waist taken in a bit, which would leave room in the hips and thighs.

The suit would be 250-350, tailoring (all in) would be 125. They dart shirts for $12. Also, right now, when you buy a suit you get the second one for $100.

The manager told me that it's not going to be perfect. It certainly wont come close to having suits made. BUT, it's a good temporary solution until I can afford the real deal. He said that they can at least make me look neat, and professional and not all baggy and clown like. He said that nobody, no matter how skilled a tailor can fit guys like us, perfectly, with off the rack suits. The best they can do is come close.

I don't know how some of you guys do it. I mean, I'm not really that big and lean right now and this is boarderline impossible!

Thanks to all who responded. I hope this thread will help out some other guys too.

Good Decision

Hey Steve- I feel for you bro- I hate spending big bucks on clothes that don't fit right... I would rather be the douchebag that wears sweats around all the time (LOL- when I work at home- that's all I wear)

What really sucks is when I have to wear a bitching suit people think I'm a doorman/security as no one else has to wear suits in my neighborhood... I don't know how those folks afford the drycleaning LOL

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131