advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buy or Rent in this particular situation.

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Pro M family. Would you buy or rent in the situation described below.

Currently, I live in Atlanta, Ga. I travel for work, and am home anywhere from max 14 days to sometimes as little as 4 days a month.

I have no family and am single and none coming anytime soon.

I dont want to live in Atlanta, for ever. I think I may move in 1 or 2 years.

I dont care about fancy "City life" per se. I like going out and stuff, but dont mind living in a modest suburb.

If I could find a VERY modest property for 100-150K, and have about 20 to 30K to put as a down payment.

Knowing this situation would you go ahead and buy or would you continue renting. Rent is about 1100$ - 1300$ a month.

Last edited:
The pros of renting are obvious, I am not tied to anything. I can pack up and move in a year without thinking twice.

The pros of buying a house, it is my own. can be considered an investment. I dont have to constantly keep moving my belongings. I have some gym equipment that is difficult to move.

My worry is how much loss will I incur If I decide to sell it in a year or two. I dont anticipate money to be a big issue, so I dont have to sell it right away, and do not mind putting it on sale and waiting even if it takes 6 to 12 months to sell.

but this is my first time home buying, and I want to hear from some experienced people.

I would consider waiting until after the midterm elections to decide

-things swing left: they try to import millions upon millions of 3rd world mongrels and get them on the taxpayer dime to swell their voting base

-things swing right: things may be looking up... for a time.

I would consider waiting until after the midterm elections to decide

-things swing left: they try to import millions upon millions of 3rd world mongrels and get them on the taxpayer dime to swell their voting base

-things swing right: things may be looking up... for a time.
*SIGH*

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I take it you've never been to southern California :eek:
Midwest winters have already driven me crazy, no need to add nutty people into the recipe

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pro M family. Would you buy or rent in the situation described below.

Currently, I live in Atlanta, Ga. I travel for work, and am home anywhere from max 14 days to sometimes as little as 4 days a month.

I have no family and am single and none coming anytime soon.

I dont want to live in Atlanta, for ever. I think I may move in 1 or 2 years.

I dont care about fancy "City life" per se. I like going out and stuff, but dont mind living in a modest suburb.

If I could find a VERY modest property for 100-150K, and have about 20 to 30K to put as a down payment.

Knowing this situation would you go ahead and buy or would you continue renting. Rent is about 1100$ - 1300$ a month.

100 percent rent, no question

BUY....in Atlanta, land is cheap.

If you lived in SF or Seattle - NO

argh,

both opposite answers. just like my brain. Cant seem to decide.

can you guys give me some input on what the reason would be for either or?

Interest rates are around 5%. I don't see how you would benefit from purchasing a home if you plan to sell it in 1-2 years. No way you would make money off that.

What I did as a single guy was just rent a room. I used that extra money for other things. Rooms would probably be less then half of renting a house. Put everything else in storage. Usually you won't have to pay for utilities either.

argh,

both opposite answers. just like my brain. Cant seem to decide.

can you guys give me some input on what the reason would be for either or?

im a financial expert

trust me, you do not want to buy a house right now..

so many reasons.

What I did as a single guy was just rent a room. I used that extra money for other things. Rooms would probably be less then half of renting a house. Put everything else in storage. Usually you won't have to pay for utilities either.

While I am a single guy, pesty. There are few things I that prevent me from living with someone. I could do it in my 20s but not my 30s

1. I have am OCD. There was a point in my life, where I would have to wipe door knobs if someone else touched them. I am better now, but there are certain things that will bring them on.

2. I am very paranoid about drugs. I am 100% legal (i know ironic being on the forum), but that was my younger days. I dont even have TRT or anything in my house. Atlanta being Atlanta, every other person smokes recreational weed. I do not want to be around it, or any other illegal materials. I do not want the trouble of dealing with law, even though chances are nothing would happen just not worth it for me.

3. My ex wants to get a 2 bedroom with me. She is an amazing person and my undoubtedly the closest friend I have, but I don't want to go down that road. I want to be able to date and have a life of a single person, without having to look at the hurt in her eyes.

All though i will say in my 20s I lived off craigslist sublets, ALL the time. LOL it was a fun experience and met all sorts of interesting people. Some I am even close friends with to these days. But now in my 33, I just don't want to deal with peoples odd habits, and don't want to have people to deal with my odd habits. Like doing cardio at 1 AM and blasting my Youtube.

Anyways I ended up signing a lease for one year, during that time period. I plan on saving a chunk of money and hopefully buy something
with a large enough deposit where I wouldn't have to take a large mortgage.

PS if anyone ever visit Atlanta, and are aroun my age (33), or older and have a time to meet up.. feel free to shoot me a pm. would love to meet up for lunch or coffee, if time permits.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88