over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buying a suit

bg65

Registered
Newbies
This is mostly to vent, get some people to empathize with me...

Have a formal dinner party event this wkend and haven't worn any of my old dress clothes for a while. My arms barely could squeeze into my long-sleeved shirts, couldn't get the collar button even close, felt like moving around was gonna make it rip haha had to go buy some new clothes... what a shit show. They make clothes for fat people, they make clothes for skinny people, why don't they make clothes for muscular people? Historically I'd buy a huge fat guy shirt and have it tailored but my dumbass waited until the day before the event (today) to sort my outfit. Its like shocking to me what an outlier my body is compared to the public at large because i don't view myself as being very jacked. And it seems like guys today have no asses because getting pants in my appropriate waist size made the material around my butt/crotch totally stretch laterally looking funny around the zipper. Pants look like they're painted on my thighs haha FFFFF! The shirt looks like a balloon around my waist, thankfully they had a XXL vest and the back cinches in on those so it'll compress the poofiness of the shirt. Also this compounded by being 6"4"

Anyone else enjoy this fun experience?

Lol sorry for your frustration brother. This is a problem a lot of us have. Either get your clothes custom tailored or buy suit separates and take the waist in on the jackets. Usually the jackets that fit us, will have pants that are far too large in the waist.

Honestly whether your skinny, fat, or a bodybuilder, you should always tailor your suits. Off the rack looks like your wearing daddy’s suit.

There are tailors that will do a rush job same day. Not something I’d usually recommend but good in a pinch.

Yeah, i should've planned better. Last time i got stuff tailored it wasnt even very expensive. I've tried the big and tall store before and it is like 90% skewed towards obesity. The tailor is totally the way to go

Standard. There aren't enough people with these proportions to make sense to stock it all.

1) For suits you find a jacket that fits in the shoulders and then have the whole thing recut for the rest of you. Recut is basically making a new suit out of the fabric or the most expensive of all alterations. Usually will be an expensive suit and European for big shoulders (I used to not be able to get in a Brooks Brothers of any sizing). I'd recommend a high end store that includes free alterations and has a good tailor on staff. Find a sale.

2) Custom or semi custom suit. Arm and shoulders are still the challenge in some brands. Hickey Freeman I think does them. Zenga etc. You'll have to go to a high end store and get fitted there. Some companies will come to your house like J Hillburn but the arm/shoulders were never big enough to fit me. Full custom is rare (semi they just piece together parts) and the best way is via Hong Kong which is known for that. Go there or get in touch with one of their guys touring and doing fittings. Makes most sense if you order a number of suits or pieces - can save a lot of money and high quality materials.

It does suck. I can’t hardly buy anything online, I have to try on everything.
But as far as formal I think I’m going to bite the bullet and go to Christopher Schafer in Baltimore and have a custom suit made.

I didn't know that abt Hong Kong. I googled it, brought up all kinds of stuff. Not sure when I'll be in Hong Kong but I'll def have getting a custom suit on my list of things to do.

Yep, just went through this recently for a Mardi Gras ball. Had a custom suit I had made about 1.5 years ago. Put it on and was like shit, these pants are snug around my thighs and crotch. Jacket was slightly noticeable that it was too tight across the chest/shoulders.

Well at these classy events you’re all dressed to the nine (black tie event/ball gown) and ya carry in a f’n ice chest in with you! Only in NOLA! Well I crouched down at home to put drinks in the ice chest. Riiiiiiiiiip!!! Ripped out the crotch seams on the pants completely. Also tore a jacket sleeve.

Ended up patch working an outfit together… Glad it was dim lighting inside the venue! Just got a new custom suit from TailorStore. Hopefully it still f’n fits next year!!! Had to Goodwill the other 4 custom suits I had because they’d be useless now. Part of the lifestyle…

Cage

Yeah man I feel you. I wear a lot of jackets for work so I go custom on mine. A lot pricier, but they’re gorgeous and make my physique pop. Pretty sure I’ve closed multiple deals based on that alone, clients love asking.

Pants are far easier, I can get most rack pants tailored perfect for a couple bucks. Just gotta work around my thighs, my waist is a 32 and my thighs would rip most pants at that size - I buy cheap loose fit jeans on occasion to do yard work in and they look like tight ass skinny jeans lmao

I can’t for the life of me understand buying off the rack suits..who still does that shit?

Well, when you're a dummy and wait until the last minute to see if your old suit fits and it doesn't, there aren't a lot of options

Had to get fitted for a tux a couple of weeks ago. With luck it will be ready a few days before the event.
Fortunately it wasn't expensive (70,000 yen or $500USD).

I had a couple proper shirts made by my favorite online tailor (TailorStore), and they already arrived.

Here's hoping the venue is dimly lit

Had to get fitted for a tux a couple of weeks ago. With luck it will be ready a few days before the event.
Fortunately it wasn't expensive (70,000 yen or $500USD).

I had a couple proper shirts made by my favorite online tailor (TailorStore), and they already arrived.
I got several button down collared shirts from TailorStore too. This was the first I’ve used them for a suit though. Have you purchased any of their suits before? The one I got seems great and nice quality.

Cage

I got several button down collared shirts from TailorStore too. This was the first I’ve used them for a suit though. Have you purchased any of their suits before? The one I got seems great and nice quality.

Cage
I was tempted to get my tux from them, but unsure about delivery time. When I used them most they did not yet offer suits.

No one feels sorry for you bg! I mean that in a light hearted way. The skinny lifters who are just starting out would love to have that problem. We've all had to deal with it but I just think back to my young skinny days and I'm grateful to be where I'm at. With all the surgeries I've had over the years and the fluctuations of weight that go with that, I have clothes in various sizes! LOL!!

A lot of decent custom places do free alterations for life. May not be practical if you’re young and planning on adding 30+ points of muscle over the years but I’m 54 and don’t have to worry about that anymore. Maybe just a few pounds up or down. I’ve gotten my heaviest ever this past year and still pretty lean so a major jump up is unlikely.

Check out Father Sons. They make clothes for bbers exclusively. I get compliments on every single shirt I have from them...(hint: its not the shirt LOL). Arash Rabhar was a model for them for a while. Im 5'10" and about 230, and the XXL and xxxl fits perfectly. Tailored Athlete is another brand with some good options, but obviously made in China somewhere as the quality isn't that great. Father sons makes their stuff in Morocco I believe...

I have clothes in various sizes! LOL!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is holding onto stuff of various sizes. I have plenty of closet space but often consider just gutting stuff that isn't sized right anymore... then I think "well, you never know." LOL

Reactions: Bio

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc