over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buying clothes

Another thing I have noticed, other than XL shirts fitting smaller now, is that in jeans the waist size is way bigger than what it says. Like if you wear a size 36 youll need to buy size 34. Its like they shifted it all down one size! I guess to make guys feel slimmer. I know they have done that for a long time in women's clothing, guess it finally made its way into men's. The only reason I can imagine that the waist size is 2 inches too big is maybe they measure that like you are wearing the jeans hanging way down on your hips with your underwear showing like some young guys do?

Another thing I have noticed, other than XL shirts fitting smaller now, is that in jeans the waist size is way bigger than what it says. Like if you wear a size 36 youll need to buy size 34. Its like they shifted it all down one size! I guess to make guys feel slimmer. I know they have done that for a long time in women's clothing, guess it finally made its way into men's. The only reason I can imagine that the waist size is 2 inches too big is maybe they measure that like you are wearing the jeans hanging way down on your hips with your underwear showing like some young guys do?

Yes definitely! All of a sudden I can fit into size 34 Calvin Klein jeans but my suit measurement hasn't changed from 36 and all old CK jeans which fit fine are size 36 still!

Lululemon, its expensive but it lasts forever and fits really well. I never would have walked into that store and bought shit myself but after getting some pieces as a gift I started to realize what all the fuss is about. It’s not just for girls showing off their asses, their product is great quality while other shit including nike falls apart and goes to crap after a couple washes the lululemon stuff I have even though I beat it to hell always looks new. Plus they replace it if you get any tears or damage to it, i had a shirt I snagged at the gym and even though it was years old they gave me full credit for it.

Oh and a good tailor is key to looking god in any clothing, especially for us!
I agree, love the Lulu stuff. Its expensive as you said, but when you consider how long it lasts its well worth the $. I still have a pair of shorts, shirt and a great zip up hoodie sweatshirt from them I bought over 12 years ago, and its no worse for wear now, looks great and still fits great too!
Yep, when I started to grow one of the first things I realized is you need a good tailor so you dont look like your wearing a bedsheet for a shirt and your pants don't have that great cinched up look around the belt becasue you had to buy them 6 sizes to big so they'd fit the legs and ass lol..

Wow, youre 5 foot 1 and 190 lbs! That would be a bitch to fit. Most regular guys that weight are going to be about 6 foot tall if they are fit. That has got to be a challenge, and expensive too. Im 6 foot tall so it was never too tough. Id usually just buy the shirts big enough to fit my shoulders and arms and then tuck/fold the waist in to taper it. Too cheap to pay for tailoring. Pants I would buy the waist big and just cinch it in with a belt. LOL.
I'm a true mesomorph. I grow easy(but not without effort) I am thick as a bitch and wide in the shoulders with fire hydrants for legs and my whole bodybuilding life it has become harder and harder to find clothes that fit. I'm lucky in that I don't care about fashion and I'll wear whatever I can find that does fit.

Any other input guys?

That Lululemon store has some cool stuff, didn’t know about them until now..

I will say for those that complain about expensive clothes (I too used to shop economically and still do for certain things) but I had a friend of mine who works in the fashion industry as a designer explain “Disposable Fashion” to me lol and I believe it’s a real thing..

Example, I used to buy my jeans at Levi’s and pay around $50-$60 a pair but after wearing them almost every weekend after 3 months or so they go to shit and fade and loosen up etc.. She explained it to me and told me to spend the money on some high quality real denim jeans and watch how they last me more than 5+ years.. Well, $240 jeans later and she was right, those fuckers lasted me 5 years and would've lasted me longer but i wasn’t really into the skinny jean look anymore being a little older and more into a fashionable grown man look (not girl super skinny but they were skinnies, don’t make fun of me lol).. I bought some new ones about 2 years ago and they look like I just bought them..

I prefer quality clothes and it usually pays itself in the long run..
Weird. I don't think I've ever had a pair of pants not last me at least 3 years and that's with only shopping sales/clearance at normal stores (kohls/Walmart, etc.). Never pay over $20.

This thread would be much more useful with pics for frame of reference. I absolutely hate buying clothes but went ahead and tried out Lululemon tonight due to the recommendations here. I only tried on their "5 Year Basic V" t-shirt. Overall it was decent enough to buy 3 colors. Gripes are it's a little tight in some areas that I would rather have loose and the collar was a little flimsy. At $58 a shirt, i'm still a bigger fan of Under Armour's offerings.

Shirt is a 2xl, i'm 6'2 270. They apparently don't do anything in 3xl which would be much more my liking.

17B1EABD-CE14-4589-AA27-6AD5C18EBFFD.jpg 8C05624E-56A4-42F2-B6B2-84D57BC9A6A6.jpg ECC025AC-4A63-4847-AF53-0E3BEC1BE7AA.jpg

Costco is where I go for 75% of my rags.

This thread would be much more useful with pics for frame of reference. I absolutely hate buying clothes but went ahead and tried out Lululemon tonight due to the recommendations here. I only tried on their "5 Year Basic V" t-shirt. Overall it was decent enough to buy 3 colors. Gripes are it's a little tight in some areas that I would rather have loose and the collar was a little flimsy. At $58 a shirt, i'm still a bigger fan of Under Armour's offerings.

Shirt is a 2xl, i'm 6'2 270. They apparently don't do anything in 3xl which would be much more my liking.

View attachment 113470View attachment 113471View attachment 113472

You are a large human... Lol that’s all I have to add here..

What? Lululemon 60-70$ for a 5 year t shirt? I’ve got free blood assurance shirts from that long ago. Where the f you guys workin at? I mean I do alright but 60-70$ for a plain shirt. I’m good. Hope they offer free shipping. I didn’t look at the site too long. Saw the price for a shirt and 118$ joggers and was like naw. I’m good. I can go to jc penny and buy a bunch of shit.

Have you tried fathersons?

I haven't watched that video yet but I bought a lot of Fatherson's clothes last time I went on holiday. It's weird because I see some huge guys wearing their stuff (Regan Grimes, Mike O'Hearn etc). I use both those names because they are both tall and I am 6ft 2 so it's a big part of the reason I ordered from them in the first place. Regan also has bigger legs than me and Mike O'Hearn weighs about the same as me so I thought everything should fit. I think I just have a weird frame because loads of their clothes are tiny. Most of them are extra slim fitting but obviously designed for bodybuilders so I figured they would fit. The tops are great and they sell some nice stuff but even in the largest size it's tight. I want it to be tight though so it's good.

Now my legs are not very impressive but I bought the largest size in their jeans and 2 pairs of shorts and you would laugh if you saw me trying to put them on. I genuinely needed help getting the jeans off me and I haven't wore them since. I did go out one night in the jeans but they were so tight I felt uncomfortable all night. The shorts I got a massive waist so they would fit and later in the night (alcohol dehydrating me) they were about 2-3 inches too big on the waist and the only thing keeping them on me was the fact they were cutting off circulation to my quads they were that tight. So when I see the likes of Regan modelling them I am not quite sure how because his legs are bigger than mine. I will check that video out as I bet it doesn't show him trying on a pair of their pants :D

I plan to order a few more tops again and maybe try another 1-2 pairs of shorts.

I haven't watched that video yet but I bought a lot of Fatherson's clothes last time I went on holiday. It's weird because I see some huge guys wearing their stuff (Regan Grimes, Mike O'Hearn etc). I use both those names because they are both tall and I am 6ft 2 so it's a big part of the reason I ordered from them in the first place. Regan also has bigger legs than me and Mike O'Hearn weighs about the same as me so I thought everything should fit. I think I just have a weird frame because loads of their clothes are tiny. Most of them are extra slim fitting but obviously designed for bodybuilders so I figured they would fit. The tops are great and they sell some nice stuff but even in the largest size it's tight. I want it to be tight though so it's good.

Now my legs are not very impressive but I bought the largest size in their jeans and 2 pairs of shorts and you would laugh if you saw me trying to put them on. I genuinely needed help getting the jeans off me and I haven't wore them since. I did go out one night in the jeans but they were so tight I felt uncomfortable all night. The shorts I got a massive waist so they would fit and later in the night (alcohol dehydrating me) they were about 2-3 inches too big on the waist and the only thing keeping them on me was the fact they were cutting off circulation to my quads they were that tight. So when I see the likes of Regan modelling them I am not quite sure how because his legs are bigger than mine. I will check that video out as I bet it doesn't show him trying on a pair of their pants :D

I plan to order a few more tops again and maybe try another 1-2 pairs of shorts.

Man I’m one of those sizes where it’s really hard to find a good fit. I hate ordering online bc it’s basically like playing lottery. And even buying clothes in the store can be tough. It might fit when I try it on. Then I take it home and wash it and it shrinks. I spend a lot of money on clothes and end up wearing the same shit over and over. I hope you guys don’t have to deal with this. Either way I’m good. Still can pull my fair share if women. Just sucks not being able to find clothes that fit every time. Guess I need to start getting em tailored.

What? Lululemon 60-70$ for a 5 year t shirt? I’ve got free blood assurance shirts from that long ago. Where the f you guys workin at? I mean I do alright but 60-70$ for a plain shirt. I’m good. Hope they offer free shipping. I didn’t look at the site too long. Saw the price for a shirt and 118$ joggers and was like naw. I’m good. I can go to jc penny and buy a bunch of shit.

Very true it’s not cheap but that setup from lululemon for $118 will last you forever and will always look good. The stuff from JC penny will be trash the first time you wash it.

Have you tried fathersons?

I ended up watching the video after I posted. Regan was very honest and transparant and it was a good watch. He even tried on the pants on video. One pair were clearly too tight and he said so and had a nightmare getting them on. I am surprised he could get the black pair on as well but he was happy with them but they are very small. I guess I am just not used to wearing tight pants but it was really uncomfortable. I should upload a video of me putting them on for a laugh :D One of the tops was too tight on the arms but I see the rest fit him well in an XXXXL. As I stated a really nice brand and I doubt most on here are bigger than Regan so they should be happy with some of their range. I am not a fan of certain items especially the bright coloured shirts but there are some really smart items and at very reasonable prices.

Anybody tried that new thing called I fit ?! I think that's the name . They measure u and make stuff to ur measurements

The henley shirts here at 11:15:

I get all my dress at tailorstore dot com. I give them my measurements and pick color, cloth, etc. Quite reasonable.

Express dress shirts were the best but they fucking changed the material a bit and the cut. They use to have the right amount of flex so I wouldnt rip the shirt. Not now.

Express also started selling the 1MX (their main dress shirt line) for much cheaper too. Im certain the price drop was able to be made bc the quality dipped as well.

For inexpensive Vneck T-shirts, Target gets my wardrobe looking nice for about $10 a shirt. I have one in every color and my darks (black, navy, etc) I have 2 of the same shirt. Not gonna blow your mind, but they offer athletic fit shirts and dress pants for a low price.

This makes filling in holes in my wardrobe very easy. I have lots of nice items, but if Im lacking certain items I can go grab 5-10 things to fill those holes.

The brand that Im mentioning is Goodfellow. Its a decent line for the price.

H and M sometimes has good sweats and tank tops for cheap. Dress shirts are terrible quality and fit.

Jeans are something its best to not go cheap. I actually still prefer Abercrombies jeans, and only their jeans. Nothing else is worth a flip.

Macys always has a lot of good brands I like to wear. Guess and G by Guess both offer good quality items as well that are a bit "edgier"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws