YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buying gear before the internet came along in 80s and 90s?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
I always got all my bodybuilding products online from day one. I started posting on meso back in 2001 and they had a classifieds section. Id like to hear some experiences of the old dinosaurs who used to buy gear before the net made it so easily accessible to everyone.

Im assuming you were at the mercy of the local gym dealer who wanted to charge you whatever he wanted and the selection of products was probably very limited as well. Also most people measured things in "I take 3 ccs of deca a week" and 10 dbol a day without knowing how many mgs per ml or tab etc. Any interesting stories from back in the day???

Lol

We used to drive down to Tijuana and go to Granero El Alazan...the best vet shop ever! If Im not mistaken...the cross streets were Juarez and Negrete. Buy a bunch of stuff, stuff the car full of gear in hidden compartments and have our ladies drive back across while us meatheads would walk back and get questioned and patted down by customs.

That vet shop also had european human grade stuff...and if you ever needed anything special, just call them ahead of time and tell them what you want, they could have any european drug within 2 weeks. Lots of people didnt know they had human grade as well, just those who knew the guys at the shop well.

We used to drive down to Tijuana and go to Granero El Alazan...the best vet shop ever! If Im not mistaken...the cross streets were Juarez and Negrete. Buy a bunch of stuff, stuff the car full of gear in hidden compartments and have our ladies drive back across while us meatheads would walk back and get questioned and patted down by customs.

That vet shop also had european human grade stuff...and if you ever needed anything special, just call them ahead of time and tell them what you want, they could have any european drug within 2 weeks. Lots of people didnt know they had human grade as well, just those who knew the guys at the shop well.

Back in the early 2000s the mexican stuff was all the rage. Tokkyo Labs, Quality Vet, Denkall etc.

I have had internet access since I was 12, but my dad's friends were lifting and using AAS in the 70's and 80's.
I was always curious about lifting and AAS, so I would talk to one of his friends in particular.
He got it from gym guys, and from what I remember him saying, he had the basics. I'll always remember the names (the way he said them)......
Deca-durabolin, Sostanon, D balls, and Winstrol-V.

I got my first AAS from a friend whose dad was a bodybuilder. He gave me d-bol in a little blue container (that I later found out were fake, lol)
and Atlantis labs 'Sten'. I don't really remember what exactly that was, I think it was a little test with some DHT.
I didn't end up using them, but was fascinated with the amps, I thought amps were so cool (I was about 16). I researched AAS a lot on the 'net
during that time period, and I decided to hold off for a few years after reading that they close your growth plates, keeping you from growing
taller. When I was ready to use AAS myself, my friends and I went to Tijuana and bought a bunch of Brovel and Ttokkyo stuff. This was in the
late 90's.
I had a lot of fun during that time period.

my friends and I went to Tijuana and bought a bunch of Brovel and Ttokkyo stuff. This was in the
late 90's.
I had a lot of fun during that time period.

Back in those days im sure GH was 10 times more expensive compared to now.

Back in those days im sure GH was 10 times more expensive compared to now.

yea, I remember Humatrope being available at the graneros in Mexico. I was young at the time and not interested in GH, but at that time no one on the boards was using more than a couple iu (at least from what I saw), and I wasn't aware of how amazing it was (no gym rat I knew was aware either). I don't remember the exact price, but it was per 14iu.... something like $100 I want to say. That would equate to almost $1k for a comparable amount of chinese GH today.
I still miss those times, I had access to human grade test, Schering Primo, Norma Deca, and human grade D-bol for ridiculously cheap prices.
I would drop all my current connections in a flash for those products at those prices, that is all I would ever run. I am in love with pharm grade stuff though.

Granero El Alazan had some great gear. I really liked their drol. After the vet I would hit up adelitas or purple rain. The good old days

back of muscle mag international had classies, some where legit places. everything was done through snail mail including list,payment and delivery, thats why you fuckers that dont get a response and piss and moan about not hearing in 24 hrs crack me up. avg TA was 6-8 weeks, and if you lost your $$ you were simply fucked

other than that it was good to know someone who lived in san diego, or who played pro ball in london

Dinosaur, go fuck yourself;)

This was before my time but I seem to remember reading that dan duchaine had a mail order system to sell gear.

Old dudes in my gym are always taking about the good ole days when they got lists from fax machines

Old dudes in my gym are always taking about the good ole days when they got lists from fax machines

Imagine if one day having access to all these goodies online ends then this would definitely be the golden era of anabolics.

well im a young head , and the first 2 batches i got was through freinds of freinds, before i found this site, then all hell broke loose

LOL, I used to page my guy. Had to page him and then later meet him somewhere public. He was paranoid too, he used to hide the gear inside of books. He would cut out a compartment inside the book and put the gear in there and just give me the book at McDonalds or somewhere of that nature.

First stuff I ever got was some Ciba dbol back in 87. Another high school kid sold it to me, and it had ulitmately come from a famous powerlifter in my area.

Back in the day (late 1970's) everyone from the gym went to a doctor. Mind you there were only three "true Gyms" in the Boston Metro area at the time, Golds didn't come to Everett MA until 1986. The doc was so old his nurse had to write out the scripts. He had pics of local bodybuilders all over his walls. He would ask "How big do you want to get" and you never left without his providing a complimentary B12 Shot. Then per his instructions you would walk around the corner to a pharmacy that had everything in stock!

Back in the day (late 1970's) everyone from the gym went to a doctor. Mind you there were only three "true Gyms" in the Boston Metro area at the time, Golds didn't come to Everett MA until 1986. The doc was so old his nurse had to write out the scripts. He had pics of local bodybuilders all over his walls. He would ask "How big do you want to get" and you never left without his providing a complimentary B12 Shot. Then per his instructions you would walk around the corner to a pharmacy that had everything in stock!

Now that is service! Did he provide any kind of blood testing from time to time to monitor your health or was it pretty much user beware?

Well, I got my stuff from different sources...mostly from the dudes at the gym. I learned that the guys who were actual bodybuilding competitors were not to be trusted. They were a jealous and scared bunch. They either tried to convince you to stay natural (which was their way of saying that you had more potential than they did and they didn't want to come in to the gym every day and systematically watch you develop a better physique than them), or they just sold you some fake bullshit. Powerlifters and casual lifters were the ones you could trust.

And regarding the subplot to this thread... The OP hasn't exactly cornered the market for posting something on this board every time his brain poots out an epiphany.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131