over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bystolic vs. Metoprolol

When they look at studies the docs have to try to discern if a "class effect" is in play or is it really just the agents being tested that provide the benefit? I've seen a good number of cardiologists like to hang their hats on the drugs actually tested, rather than applying a class effect. Is there a class effect? Probably, but you can't prove it because they weren't specifically tested

Like to the point that they'll favor metoprolol succinate to tartrate because succinate was used in the studies

When they look at studies the docs have to try to discern if a "class effect" is in play or is it really just the agents being tested that provide the benefit? I've seen a good number of cardiologists like to hang their hats on the drugs actually tested, rather than applying a class effect. Is there a class effect? Probably, but you can't prove it because they weren't specifically tested
Actually, just looked it up and there were studies done on Bystolic that the FDA said did not show a significant enough improvement in heart failure which is why it was denied.

Actually, just looked it up and there were studies done on Bystolic that the FDA said did not show a significant enough improvement in heart failure which is why it was denied.
Yeah but forget the reduced heart failures because hey! NO-induced vasodilation, right?!

DSC_20000148.gif

Might soon need to check and see what usernames all these newbie guru users went by before they were banned and were forced to start using their alt-accounts...

I like inderal (propranolol). It has an added bonus of keeping my shaky hands steady as anything. No sides for me. I only took 40 mgs though. Never higher

Take it every day. Mornings on non-training days, and after training on training days. Adrenaline is vital for workout intensity. This would essentially block those receptors - not exactly good for pushing limits. Although pushing those limits has led to a lot of injuries. It has reduced my GH-induced tachycardia and keeps my heart from pounding before a tense meeting or confrontation - neither of which are physically healthy. Are there better beta cell blockers out there? I guess it all comes down to the specific ailments you're treating in that individual patient. Some sexual related sides but whether 5 times a week is that worse for either of us than 7, who knows?
Sounds great , so how does propranolol and nevibotol (spelling wrong I’m sure )stack up against each other , can they be used together?does propranolol lower blood pressure well ?

Sounds great , so how does propranolol and nevibotol (spelling wrong I’m sure )stack up against each other , can they be used together?does propranolol lower blood pressure well ?
You wouldn't use two beta blockers. You'd likely use maybe a beta blocker and an ARB or CCB. From my understanding, the three main things beta blockers can help with is tachycardia and arrhythmias, others with general hypertension reduction, still others with heart-related conditions such as COPD. So depending on which categories you land under, will probably likely determine the best one for you. But generally, for any condition resulting from adrenaline. You can also opt for combination therapy with one drug for tachycardia plus another for general hypertension, for example. There are so many to choose from it's another case of one size doesn't fit all and should be discussed with your doctor. There are trade-offs with long-term health and certain side-effects or maybe less side-effects but possibly more risk.

I've seen a good number of cardiologists like to hang their hats on the drugs actually tested, rather than applying a class effect.
How many cardiologists have you seen do this?

Empagliflozin blows any beta blocker out of the water when it comes to heart failure improvement anyway. But Nebivolol has many other benefits outside of heart failure that makes it worth using.

How many cardiologists have you seen do this?
31. Or wait... maybe it was 32 cardiologists?
Pretty sure you're not actually looking for an answer but are hopeful to expose me as a "newbie guru user"
Same user name since i joined PM 11 yrs ago, same user name I've used on every bodybuilding forum.
I've learned a lot on this board over the years and am happy when there's a topic i am knowledgeable about and can actually contribute. If you want to discuss various beta blockers I'm down but if you've just got your grumpy-pants on and are hopeful to disparage somebody I'm not really into online flexing.

On the off chance you actually wanted an answer to that question, i cant quantify it for you... when i first read your post this AM i actually tried to even think abt how many cardiologists I've interacted with over the years. I can tell you that it is far and away the majority of the time that cardiologists favor the beta blockers proven in trials, namely metoprolol succinate, carvedilol and bisoprolol. Of these, bisoprolol seems to be the ugly red-headed step child, at least in the US. Metop succ and carvedilol are utilized most commonly and the choice can depend on other comorbidities... carvedilol avoided if patient has asthma but favored over metoprolol if a reduction in blood pressure is desired.
And they will specify metoprolol succinate because that's what was proven in trials. Metoprolol tartrate was not. Are they equal in therapeutic outcomes? You'd think so but in our litigious society the doc isn't gonna chance prescribing a form of the drug that wasnt proven in studies when a particular form of the drug was.

Empagliflozin blows any beta blocker out of the water when it comes to heart failure improvement anyway. But Nebivolol has many other benefits outside of heart failure that makes it worth using.
Yeah, the SGLT2 inhibitors have turned out to be pretty awesome. Those and the GLP-1 agonists are some of the most impressive drugs added fairly recently. Really have the potential to improve outcomes

What i said above abt metoprolol and carvedilol is in the setting of heart failure or secondary risk reduction after a heart attack. They have shown improvement in outcomes in those applications.
For hypertension though metoprolol is not a great choice. Nebivolol would be expected to lower BP better than metoprolol but has not proven itself in the two applications where metoprolol shines. Beta blockers, in general, are not great at lowering BP

Dang.... how many of you guys are on beta blockers?

I tried Nebovilol and just depressed me, slept all day, never again and tbh it's not something that all people need....

I got put on them maybe 5 years ago. Mine was to reduce heart rate bc some thickening in my LV not alarming but just staying on top of it. I can't take it before workouts it takes all the wind out of my sails but day to day is invaluable.

Hey guys!

Can anyone name the main differences between these two BP meds? I know most say Bystolic is much better.

How do you convince your doctor that you prefer to be on Bystolic over Metoprolol?

I didn't see anyone else raise this question but why do you need to convince your doctor of anything?

Now if this is a new doctor to you, then sure I understand the need to set a precedence that you have a vested interest in your health and like to research the medications you take in order to find the optimal approach for yourself but it really should only take one conversation with a medical provider for them to understand your not the average patient and you would like to steer. They can hang on to the wheel while they start to let you steer but eventually if you aren't steering on your own, get a new doctor.

You know how many doctors google shit while their patients are 5 feet from them in office visits but cant see the screen? Personally I would rather spend 5-10 hours researching, not trust 60 seconds from a general practitioner. The good ones, show you that they are googling it and have no problem discussing your preferences.

You take the pills, not him/her. "Doc I would feel a lot more comfortable taking Bystolic instead of Metoprolol" should be all it takes.

I was put on a BB in late 2021 after I received a vaccine and had a bad reaction.

I was very reluctant to take it and since that time I no longer "need it" for that purpose (My bad reaction took 3-4 months to pass) but I will stay on a BB for life by choice. The pros outweigh the cons in my mind.

Started with Metoprolol, switched to Nebivolol (Bystolic) at 5mg. I use 10mg on blasts.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws