over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cable crossovers for building chest mass

Again pressing is genetic and structural. Some guys can do it and not have any shoulder pain.

Luckily, I for one am one of those who can press without pain and put up a pretty decent bit of weight. I won't go into the numbers because it's not relevant but I would defintely love to train with Kevin Levrone on shoulder and chest day I think it would be pretty close. I definetly got him on chest strength but he would give me a run on military pressing behind the neck.

In all honesty I think guys should really spend a lot of time thinking about what works for them in the gym. Training and training progressively is very cognitive and takes concentration. I love progressing with training it feels awesome to be able to lift more or get a better pump than the previous week.

The point I want to make is I think you can very well put mass on your chest with cable flys. Machines, Free weights, it doesn't matter guys if your advanced and you put forth a shit load of effort they both work.

You also have to think about load. Why is pressing always corrolated with size.becauseyou're using more load. If you smash that machine and load that muscle it doesn't matter where it's coming from the muscle is still going to breakdown and adapt. Think about it. I've seen guys with some of the best backs use just machines. Why would your back be any different than your chest or your legs or your arms. Something to think about

flyes puts the chest in probablly its weakest/least leverage possible. so "big" weights cant be used. soooo, imo and logically, most muslce stimulation would be from exercise that allows most weight to be moved. ie, decline press, dips. you could never do flyes and i dont think one person would notice the diff.
-F2S

Do your muscles know weight? I never knew that our muscles know weight. I have always been under the impression that muscles only understood TENSION. TENSION can be the result of (1) time under tension, (2) exercise selection, (3) form, and (4) weight, and (5) other factors not mentioned

Your muscles dont know what 300lbs of weight feels like, but they might the tension that is created by that 300lbs. This can be easily duplicated by changing any one of the variables i listed above.

Problem is when you focus on moving weight rather than form, you sacrifice muscle contracting and mind muscle connection. Now you might not have this problem, but many people do

Again pressing is genetic and structural. Some guys can do it and not have any shoulder pain.

Luckily, I for one am one of those who can press without pain and put up a pretty decent bit of weight. I won't go into the numbers because it's not relevant but I would defintely love to train with Kevin Levrone on shoulder and chest day I think it would be pretty close. I definetly got him on chest strength but he would give me a run on military pressing behind the neck.

In all honesty I think guys should really spend a lot of time thinking about what works for them in the gym. Training and training progressively is very cognitive and takes concentration. I love progressing with training it feels awesome to be able to lift more or get a better pump than the previous week.

The point I want to make is I think you can very well put mass on your chest with cable flys. Machines, Free weights, it doesn't matter guys if your advanced and you put forth a shit load of effort they both work.

You also have to think about load. Why is pressing always corrolated with size.becauseyou're using more load. If you smash that machine and load that muscle it doesn't matter where it's coming from the muscle is still going to breakdown and adapt. Think about it. I've seen guys with some of the best backs use just machines. Why would your back be any different than your chest or your legs or your arms. Something to think about
Exactly! Some of the best backs are built using machines not pull-ups and chin-ups. Being able to use more weight on an exercise doesn’t equate to larger muscles. For example, people can use a lot more weight on the plate loaded leg press than they can with squats, but leg presses don’t make the legs bigger than squats.

Do your muscles know weight? I never knew that our muscles know weight. I have always been under the impression that muscles only understood TENSION. TENSION can be the result of (1) time under tension, (2) exercise selection, (3) form, and (4) weight, and (5) other factors not mentioned

Your muscles dont know what 300lbs of weight feels like, but they might the tension that is created by that 300lbs. This can be easily duplicated by changing any one of the variables i listed above.

Problem is when you focus on moving weight rather than form, you sacrifice muscle contracting and mind muscle connection. Now you might not have this problem, but many people do
Yes, time under tension is key.

I personally think decline barbell is an under untilized mass builder. Safer than flat, can build and progressively overload easily.

Exactly! Some of the best backs are built using machines not pull-ups and chin-ups. Being able to use more weight on an exercise doesn’t equate to larger muscles. For example, people can use a lot more weight on the plate loaded leg press than they can with squats, but leg presses don’t make the legs bigger than squats.

There's only one issue I have with that is more weight is a good indicator of muscle gain.... If your overloading the muscle and performing the excercise with emacculate form then there's a pretty damn good chance that muscle is getting bigger. I'm talking strictly for advanced lifters here.

Leg presses can stimulate just as good as a response as squats if that's what your body is mechanically set up to perform better. Squatting might stimulate ass growth in one guy but stimulate more quad growth for the other. Train heavy, train often, find excercises that your body is mechanically set up to perform. Have load and deload weeks.

Yes, time under tension is key.

Only partly true.

Load is actually to me more important than TUT.

Increasing weight on excercises and getting stronger is the fastest most sure fire way to pack on size quick.

Then volume and TUT.

Only partly true.

Load is actually to me more important than TUT.

Increasing weight on excercises and getting stronger is the fastest most sure fire way to pack on size quick.

Then volume and TUT.
I agree! Time under tension using a progressive overload and perfect exercise form. Also, many people do their reps too fast (using momentum) and put undue stress on their tendons while taking away from their muscles being worked to the max.

There's only one issue I have with that is more weight is a good indicator of muscle gain.... If your overloading the muscle and performing the excercise with emacculate form then there's a pretty damn good chance that muscle is getting bigger. I'm talking strictly for advanced lifters here.

Leg presses can stimulate just as good as a response as squats if that's what your body is mechanically set up to perform better. Squatting might stimulate ass growth in one guy but stimulate more quad growth for the other. Train heavy, train often, find excercises that your body is mechanically set up to perform. Have load and deload weeks.
I agree!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity