over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cable crossovers for building chest mass

It's bio mechanics.

If you do better by flys and crossovers then use those first.

It's pretty common sense. Chest is one of the easiest body parts to train in terms of putting on size, it's so straight forward. You either fly or press. Or you can do both if you like

This.

I have long arms relative to my height--great for deads, not so much for pressing. Flyes have been instrumental for growing my chest and I've really focused on progressing them for about 5 years now (DB ones...I hardly ever do cable crossovers because it's too easy for form to mess up).

Excercises selection is really easy if you pay attention to your body.

Presses for my body work the best in terms how I want my body shaped, I like the thick look I get from heavy pressing. Plus I'm good at it so naturally I tend to want to incline and press more. Flys breakdown my muscles too much and drain the glycogen when done in excess so I'm weaker the next week after doing lots of flys.

A lot of guys who are strong or like doing certain excercises, that certain muscle group will be very large.

It really just boils down to structure and mind muscle connection

Last edited:
I could say the same for people who live on the flat bench press.
Well the nutrition part I mentioned holds true for both sides.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

3 days ago i did 18 sets of chest presses on 4 hammer strength machines. Today i did 4 sets of pec deck. It felt great! Real good pump hitting flies a few days after a full chest workout.

Building massive pecs? Get out pen and paper, ask B-BOY.

FULL STOP!

I do an incline bench with the cables and I seen that my games are a lot better than I follow it up with dumbbell

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

What's a stretching out exercises? Sounds like YOGA, not bodybuilding. All exercises stretch the pecs, but the worst thing you can do is over-stretch because it will damage your rotator cuffs.

You should check out MD and you’ll better understand why John Meadows recommends them. John is extremely knowledgeable about training and his physique is a testament to that.

What's a stretching out exercises? Sounds like YOGA, not bodybuilding. All exercises stretch the pecs, but the worst thing you can do is over-stretch because it will damage your rotator cuffs.

Clearly you don't understand levers and fulcrums. Nor do you understand how the rotator cuffs function when performing chest movements. The stretch is implemented 2nd or 3rd or late based on the amount of volume. Stretching a muscle under LOAD has been shown to increase mobility and ROM> Might want to have a solid knowledge base before you try to argue something you don't know.
https://drjohnrusin.com/how-stretching-can-build-muscle-develop-strength/

That's like saying side lateral raises don't add any additional muscle to the medial head of the deltoids given you do military presses. But we know that side lateral raises do in fact add additional mass to the side delts.

side = side
lateral = side
we don't do side side raises
pick one

Clearly you don't understand levers and fulcrums. Nor do you understand how the rotator cuffs function when performing chest movements. The stretch is implemented 2nd or 3rd or late based on the amount of volume. Stretching a muscle under LOAD has been shown to increase mobility and ROM> Might want to have a solid knowledge base before you try to argue something you don't know.
https://drjohnrusin.com/how-stretching-can-build-muscle-develop-strength/
What I clearly understand us this-
“Everyone has a prerequisite amount of flexibility to do certain exercises. Going to deep (excessive stretching) with dumbbell presses, flyes and inclines permanently stretch out the ligaments which cause shoulder instability. Excess stretching during chest exercises are a ticket to shoulder surgery or a torn pec.”

That's like saying side lateral raises don't add any additional muscle to the medial head of the deltoids given you do military presses. But we know that side lateral raises do in fact add additional mass to the side delts.

No, its not. Lateral raises are all i did for delts during my most competitive years in bbing. Its the perfect exercise to hit the delts. whereas a press is prob gonna hit mostly the front delt. so lateral raises are best choice.

all of chest will get stimulated with a press. and u can use more weight for more stimulation. boom.
-F2S

No, its not. Lateral raises are all i did for delts during my most competitive years in bbing. Its the perfect exercise to hit the delts. whereas a press is prob gonna hit mostly the front delt. so lateral raises are best choice.

all of chest will get stimulated with a press. and u can use more weight for more stimulation. boom.
-F2S
I think individual biomechanics play a huge role here.

When I stop pressing heavy; I can tell that some of that shoulder thickness goes down a little bit; most can't tell, but just like how we know the small things in our body.

I think heavy lateral raises performed like a compound movement in a "controlled" fashion can be a badass shoulder exercise as well.

Heavy pressing + Lateral raises = Win for shoulders

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

When I stop pressing heavy; I can tell that some of that shoulder thickness goes down a little bit; most can't tell, but just like how we know the small things in our body.

I think heavy lateral raises performed like a compound movement in a "controlled" fashion can be a badass shoulder exercise as well.

You are correct. Also Behind the neck military press with free weight are really good. I switch it up every other week.

These were my favorites for yrs. Hit 385 seated while only benching 365..
Till I tore a shoulder in a Rock throwing contest on Acid...
Still maintained great delts with yrs of Extensions after...

-F2S
Overhead presses hit the medial delts as well as the anterior delts because you have to abduct the shoulder during the movement. Lateral raises isolates the medial head of the delts. I think we had a miscommunication.

You are correct. Also Behind the neck military press with free weight are really good. I switch it up every other week.
You are right. The press behind the neck is a great overall mass builder, but they hurt my shoulder.

I agree. Shoulder thickness goes down when chest presses are removed.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws