over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caffeine/coffee intake

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Curious how much everyone takes per day?

For me 20 oz in the am before cardio, 20 in the pm before weights.

I will try and only do 20 oz once per day on off days and use decaf on my deload weeks.

Curious how much some people here take because when I tell my friends (mostly females) they act like that's way too much and I'm some sort of caffeine addict. I know it's good for you but I'm sure there is a limit where it starts to be counterproductive (high bp, tolerance).

I personally drink it because I like coffee not for a boost or I need it to get through the day.

The majority of my co-workers drink coffee atleast once , twice a day.

There more surprised when I show up most mornings without coffee.

Little do they now I just took some eca lol

Everything combined around a gram per day. Not the healthiest way to live I know.

Zero coffee , on days where I'm dragging ass I have a diet My Dew or Reign drink 30-40 min before the gym (I shake them up to make it flat).

So maybe 200mg-300mg a day , probably 3 days a week

All tolled around 500mg a day between coffee, energy drinks/pills, pwo and diet soft drinks.

600mg-1gram a day. At 600mg I barley see a increase in heart rate. Depends on the person I guess, but I’ve been a caffeine junkie for years.

Starbuck's nitro cold brew is liquid crack in a convenient plastic sippy cup.....

A fasting green tea, 100mg caffeine and 50mg DMAA, if I can keep up with that,... but sometimes I will have another 50mg intake later in the day before training. And maybe another green tea in the afternoon. Tea it from for taste / appetite control.

I would like to get my stimulants intake to 0, I'm sure I would sleep better, but I like to be active and not drag myself.

I take 200-400mg caffeine to wake me up and get me to poop in the morning. Then I don't take it again the rest of the day, because it makes me poop and I don't want to have to poop again. One poop in the morning, clear everything out, and then I'm good.

For the rest of the day, I take other stimulants that don't make me poop. Ephedrine, yohimbine, Bupropion, Adderall, sometimes Modafinil.

Valium and Trazodone to go to sleep at night.

Yes, I know the stimulant use is not healthy, at all. Raises blood pressure too much and makes me anxious. None of this is healthy. Don't do as I do.

Caffeine pill 200mg
Or 1-2 cups 100mg each tiny bit of skim 30ml milk plenty sweetener its lovely

also a big green tea drinker 3 cups of tea 2 tea bags in each providing the daily effective amount for fat burning properties metabolism from what I’ve read.

Green tea only right now. Two glasses in the morning with infusion from two bags each. I might have a diet Coke or another glass around lunch time if I'm dragging

Am I the only person here who CANNOT tolerate caffeine at all? A strong cup of coffee makes me feel sick and almost unbearably anxious for like 8 hours.

I’m not exaggerating - it fucks me up. I could do a couple of lines of blow and it doesn’t affect me as much as caffeine does

I take 200-400mg caffeine to wake me up and get me to poop in the morning. Then I don't take it again the rest of the day, because it makes me poop and I don't want to have to poop again. One poop in the morning, clear everything out, and then I'm good.

For the rest of the day, I take other stimulants that don't make me poop. Ephedrine, yohimbine, Bupropion, Adderall, sometimes Modafinil.

Valium and Trazodone to go to sleep at night.

Yes, I know the stimulant use is not healthy, at all. Raises blood pressure too much and makes me anxious. None of this is healthy. Don't do as I do.
Bupropion is a stimulant? I guess I thought it was more of an anti-depressent but I guess it does have stimulant properties.

A 31 oz green tea from starbucks maybe twice a day (330 - 660mg) but usually once, a tall nitro from starbucks (235mg) first thing in the morning in one chug, on workout days half a scoop of preworkout (usually excelsior), on non workout days an additional can of purple rockstar (240mg) and whatever crack they put in it after 1pm but before 3pm.

So usually somewhere between 900 mg to 1000 mg a day. The mayo clinic defines 400mg as "safe". Caffeine is a drug and the longer youve been taking it, the more you would need to get the desired effect. I dont have anxiety and sleeping at night is never a problem. There are 2 days a week where I will only have 540mg of caffeine. Ive been taking this amount of caffeine for a long time but the amount I take varies with my bodyweight. I'm 270 now and there no way I could do what I am doing at 225. I should probably try to drink a minimal amount of caffeine for a couple months and see how I feel. That's probably the next step for me.

Long time coffee drinker, used to have around 3/4 cups per day. Last 6 months just drink decaf, no longer get as tired in the afternoon.
Do miss that morning caffeine hit though.

Bupropion is a stimulant? I guess I thought it was more of an anti-depressent but I guess it does have stimulant properties.

Bupropion is an atypical anti-depressant because it is an NDRI, a norepinephrine dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Taking bupropion, especially at higher doses, you will have more norepinephrine hanging around, causing a stimulant effect. This is why it is always advised to take it (at least the long-acting versions) in the morning, or at least early in the day, and never close to bedtime. Insomnia is one of the most frequent side effects, along with lack of appetite, like other stimulants. Some people can't tolerate it because bupropion makes them too up and jittery and anxious. It's definitely not for everybody, but for some people it is just what they need.

I'm an old speed freak, with bad sleep apnea, and with a baby daughter I am often suffering from lack of sleep. So for me, even high doses of bupropion (400-600mg per day) just make me more up and alert, without making me as anxious as other, more potent stimulants. But then, I'm the same guy who used to take 20 tabs of Spiropent Clenbuterol per day in my competitive years, and handfuls of caffeine and ephedrine tabs, and plenty of Adderall, etc.

And I have had bad depression issues all my life, so at least bupropion makes me feel a little better and a little less like killing myself. At least for the moment.

Not that I am recommending any of this. Use at your own risk. The rational side of me knows it probably would be better if I never got started with any of this stuff. But then, I've always been hard-wired to self-destruct, one way or another, so I try to make better instead of worse choices within the framework of the crazy life I've chosen for myself.

Bupropion is an atypical anti-depressant because it is an NDRI, a norepinephrine dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Taking bupropion, especially at higher doses, you will have more norepinephrine hanging around, causing a stimulant effect. This is why it is always advised to take it (at least the long-acting versions) in the morning, or at least early in the day, and never close to bedtime. Insomnia is one of the most frequent side effects, along with lack of appetite, like other stimulants. Some people can't tolerate it because bupropion makes them too up and jittery and anxious. It's definitely not for everybody, but for some people it is just what they need.

I'm an old speed freak, with bad sleep apnea, and with a baby daughter I am often suffering from lack of sleep. So for me, even high doses of bupropion (400-600mg per day) just make me more up and alert, without making me as anxious as other, more potent stimulants. But then, I'm the same guy who used to take 20 tabs of Spiropent Clenbuterol per day in my competitive years, and handfuls of caffeine and ephedrine tabs, and plenty of Adderall, etc.

And I have had bad depression issues all my life, so at least bupropion makes me feel a little better and a little less like killing myself. At least for the moment.

Not that I am recommending any of this. Use at your own risk. The rational side of me knows it probably would be better if I never got started with any of this stuff. But then, I've always been hard-wired to self-destruct, one way or another, so I try to make better instead of worse choices within the framework of the crazy life I've chosen for myself.
I'm a stimulant-junkie myself but I always hated how I felt on Bupropion/Wellbutrin. They call it Hellbutrin lol

All other stims I can tolerate boatloads of (even Speed and Coke) but Bupropion makes me an anxious, emotional mess.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear