over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calcium score ct

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
With the recent heart attacks in the bb industry it’s started making me think about other preventative care measures I can take. How many of you guys get calcium score ct tests done routinely ? How often ? Ive already had ekgs/echos done this year. Am about to add those in maybe once a year or once every 2 years ? Also get bloods done every 3-6 months. Just wanting to take every precaution I can.

I did. I'm 52 and I've used hormones on and off since my late teens. Here's here's the thread I made about my Calcium CT Test & Score... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/my-ct-scan-calcium-score-results.167824/

There are many factors to take into account when getting this test but it can only help. It will give you piece of mind,let you know you have some changes to make or that you need medical intervention ASAP! Look at Kali Muscle! He had a 100% blockage. If he had been proactive with his health and done this test he could have saved himself from a heart attack!!

I see no reason why not to get the CAC (cornary artery calcium) scoring done. It costs ~$100 out of pocket. I had mine done two years ago and plan on doing it every 5 years.

The only reason that I would give for NOT getting it... especially as a routine procedure is the added radiation to your body over time. But yes, it is a good test to do for older folks.

Probably depends a lot on your results and lifestyle. For example if you score a 0 on your calcium score there is probably no reason to get it done the following year unless you're really going to go bonkers with weight, gear usage, high blood pressure, bad blood markers, etc. But if you score >0 you might want to have it done more frequently. For me I was not 0 so I'm really working on turning things back and will retest in 6 months to see if I'm on the right track. Bloodwork probably minimum two times a year to be on the safe side. When it comes to that kind of stuff I'd rather err on caution. Most everything that knocks bodybuilders out of the game can be seen coming a mile away if the right testing is done. I think of it as connecting the dots and each test you get is a dot...with that you can see trends and results of current lifestyle factors. I think it would be interesting to get a score done before a blast and then 10-20 weeks later when it's over to see what kind of "progress" the cycle did.

Probably depends a lot on your results and lifestyle. For example if you score a 0 on your calcium score there is probably no reason to get it done the following year unless you're really going to go bonkers with weight, gear usage, high blood pressure, bad blood markers, etc. But if you score >0 you might want to have it done more frequently. For me I was not 0 so I'm really working on turning things back and will retest in 6 months to see if I'm on the right track. Bloodwork probably minimum two times a year to be on the safe side. When it comes to that kind of stuff I'd rather err on caution. Most everything that knocks bodybuilders out of the game can be seen coming a mile away if the right testing is done. I think of it as connecting the dots and each test you get is a dot...with that you can see trends and results of current lifestyle factors. I think it would be interesting to get a score done before a blast and then 10-20 weeks later when it's over to see what kind of "progress" the cycle did.

You may want to look into IV EDTA Chelation treatments to bring your score down. Search around your area and discuss with a MD that specializes in IV treatments.

Note that they can cause some stress on the kidneys.

You may want to look into IV EDTA Chelation treatments to bring your score down. Search around your area and discuss with a MD that specializes in IV treatments.

Note that they can cause some stress on the kidneys.

Thanks man I appreciate the tips. Have read some pretty interesting things on the chelation treatments. That's definitely on the radar for sure and if things aren't changed. I did also read about it being stressful on the kidneys. Just tested back in August so looking at going back in February to retest. Not horrible but not 0. I thought I would clean things up where I'd gotten complacent and supplement accordingly to see if that would do the trick. For whatever reason it sparks me to "experiment" and see if this approach works.

Thanks man I appreciate the tips. Have read some pretty interesting things on the chelation treatments. That's definitely on the radar for sure and if things aren't changed. I did also read about it being stressful on the kidneys. Just tested back in August so looking at going back in February to retest. Not horrible but not 0. I thought I would clean things up where I'd gotten complacent and supplement accordingly to see if that would do the trick. For whatever reason it sparks me to "experiment" and see if this approach works.

Curious what your protocol is going to be?? I’ve heard you can’t reverse calcified plaque?? Maybe I’m wrong... Either way, curious about the info you have on this, please share!

If you did have a high calcium score and you found a way to reduce it, there would be a risk it would come off in chunks that could cause a blockage, this is one problem with developing drugs that could remove plaque.

Curious what your protocol is going to be?? I’ve heard you can’t reverse calcified plaque?? Maybe I’m wrong... Either way, curious about the info you have on this, please share!
Man there is a ton of information out there and so much of it is conflicting. From what I'm getting I believe you can shrink and reduce it in time. That's what I hope to prove and IF I can I'll be able to share with everyone what I did and how I did it in hopes of helping others. With the progression of things as they are I'm sure I'd fall into the pattern of having a cardiac episode or stroke at a "young" age. My doctor and I believe we have caught it early enough (I just turned 42) and will forego the use of statins for the time being. So in a nutshell here is the plan and if you want me to be more specific on things I'm glad to share....I can just see this being a really long post if I get going :ROFLMAO:.

The biggest thing is to stop the addition of more buildup. That means identifying what is the root cause(s) for what's happening and get it under control ASAP. I'm being super transparent here but this is about the bigger picture. Biggest factors: My dad died of a heart attack at 63. I'm heavy and have been 280-300lbs for years and years which means high blood pressure-sometimes controlled, sometimes I convinced myself it was fine. When I was younger I tried pretty beefy gear cycles but I'd say mostly I've been on the low end of gear usage. The point is I've used. Very sedentary lifestyle- IT/Office work for 20 years. Slack with cardio. Slack with preventive supplements. High stress. Basically all the factors that you read about leading to plaque buildup I pretty much fit the bill.

From the get go lifestyle changes. I've already transitioned out of the office work and am now running around all day. Blood pressure control is paramount and I check it several times a day. I'm taking a small dose of meds to help with that until I can get to where I need to be. Getting my weight down. I carry too much and I'm not talking all muscle. Reduce bodyfat. Daily cardio....I try to get in cardio every day. Mostly steady state but a time or two a week I do some HIIT style with sleds, farmers handles, yokes mostly because it's fun....also crosstraining style stuff to keep it interesting (side note I'm much harder since doing these things and have actually gotten stronger on my compound lifts). Cut back on the copious amounts of food so a more calorie balance based on my activities...introduced far more veggies and fruits and backed off starches even though A1C has never been high I still just backed off food overall. Added in more salmon. NO hydrogenated oils/trans fats. NO sugars. NO condiments, coffee creamers, spray butters, etc. And another one that I really believe is huge is focusing on mental health/stress reduction. I'm learning to meditate and de-clutter my brain and letting go of stuff so I don't hold on to so much. I believe the stress is a huge one that we just don't take into account. I didn't realize how bad off I was in that department.

I think that will help prevent more buildup and the cardio will help reduce the damage. I think the food will do more to prevent further damage rather than reverse what is there. Supplementation and other things I'll do: Bloodwork currently is every 2 months. Paying close attention to lipids and ensure the ldl is low and HDL is as high as we can get it. Using supplemental support for that and diet changes. Antioxidants and inflammation reduction.....diet changes and supplements to assist in that. Using fiber every single day. Follow @DOGGCRAPP and CONSIDER things he says. There are others also but I mention him because he has been around saying this stuff for a long time...and I knew it but I chose to ignore it. I guess I have at least 15 things I am taking for the things I mentioned. Costing me a couple hundred a month to try to go backwards with the plaque. I've seen some studies on meds that might be beneficial like CETP inhibitors but seems like they are early in results. Obviously blasting right now is out of the question but I do utilize low dose testosterone weekly and 2 iu hgh daily. NO estrogen blockers or aromatase inhibitors and never really have outside of a prep. Never been a pre-workout guy and no stims other than coffee. Off the top of my head here are the supps I use: scripts- losartan 50mg, (will start vascepa soon), OTC- pure pommegranate juice, k2 with d3, citrus bergamont, tudca, nattokinase, pycnogenol, aged garlic, krill oil, coQ10/ubiquinol, astralagus, omega 3's, fiber, tumeric/curcumin.

The goal is now my contest prep and that's the way I'm approaching it. Also continue to read about it and incorporate discoveries as we go.

If you did have a high calcium score and you found a way to reduce it, there would be a risk it would come off in chunks that could cause a blockage, this is one problem with developing drugs that could remove plaque.
I go to a guy at Barnes hsp.. he is a very well accredited cardiologist.. I started going to him when I had my covid myocardial issues.. I took a calcium test and I got a 75.. I freaked.. I eat like shit yes. But my gear use makes fitness chick's giggle.. so I asked him about reducing it etc..
He was honest and said here is what I look for:
He said my hdl was low.. but all other reading were good.. he said my blood flow was fantastic for my age.. so when I pressed him about the calcium he said
" you can reduce your score.. but " loosing" calcium/plaque can be dangerous.. we want to reduce the waxy substance..not break off the plaque".. he said that I can reduce my score by taking statin ( I took them but feel aweful on them..) so I brought up citrus bergamot.. I take it often but sometimes run out etc.. he said he liked the studies on citrus bergamot but preferred I take it in conjunction with a low dose stain.. so he dropped my dose down quite a bit and I take citrus bergamot with it.. but over all he said my heart blood flow and function was great.. so my concern is my " mild plaque " buildup.. thats what I'm working on..

Man there is a ton of information out there and so much of it is conflicting. From what I'm getting I believe you can shrink and reduce it in time. That's what I hope to prove and IF I can I'll be able to share with everyone what I did and how I did it in hopes of helping others. With the progression of things as they are I'm sure I'd fall into the pattern of having a cardiac episode or stroke at a "young" age. My doctor and I believe we have caught it early enough (I just turned 42) and will forego the use of statins for the time being. So in a nutshell here is the plan and if you want me to be more specific on things I'm glad to share....I can just see this being a really long post if I get going :ROFLMAO:.

The biggest thing is to stop the addition of more buildup. That means identifying what is the root cause(s) for what's happening and get it under control ASAP. I'm being super transparent here but this is about the bigger picture. Biggest factors: My dad died of a heart attack at 63. I'm heavy and have been 280-300lbs for years and years which means high blood pressure-sometimes controlled, sometimes I convinced myself it was fine. When I was younger I tried pretty beefy gear cycles but I'd say mostly I've been on the low end of gear usage. The point is I've used. Very sedentary lifestyle- IT/Office work for 20 years. Slack with cardio. Slack with preventive supplements. High stress. Basically all the factors that you read about leading to plaque buildup I pretty much fit the bill.

From the get go lifestyle changes. I've already transitioned out of the office work and am now running around all day. Blood pressure control is paramount and I check it several times a day. I'm taking a small dose of meds to help with that until I can get to where I need to be. Getting my weight down. I carry too much and I'm not talking all muscle. Reduce bodyfat. Daily cardio....I try to get in cardio every day. Mostly steady state but a time or two a week I do some HIIT style with sleds, farmers handles, yokes mostly because it's fun....also crosstraining style stuff to keep it interesting (side note I'm much harder since doing these things and have actually gotten stronger on my compound lifts). Cut back on the copious amounts of food so a more calorie balance based on my activities...introduced far more veggies and fruits and backed off starches even though A1C has never been high I still just backed off food overall. Added in more salmon. NO hydrogenated oils/trans fats. NO sugars. NO condiments, coffee creamers, spray butters, etc. And another one that I really believe is huge is focusing on mental health/stress reduction. I'm learning to meditate and de-clutter my brain and letting go of stuff so I don't hold on to so much. I believe the stress is a huge one that we just don't take into account. I didn't realize how bad off I was in that department.

I think that will help prevent more buildup and the cardio will help reduce the damage. I think the food will do more to prevent further damage rather than reverse what is there. Supplementation and other things I'll do: Bloodwork currently is every 2 months. Paying close attention to lipids and ensure the ldl is low and HDL is as high as we can get it. Using supplemental support for that and diet changes. Antioxidants and inflammation reduction.....diet changes and supplements to assist in that. Using fiber every single day. Follow @DOGGCRAPP and CONSIDER things he says. There are others also but I mention him because he has been around saying this stuff for a long time...and I knew it but I chose to ignore it. I guess I have at least 15 things I am taking for the things I mentioned. Costing me a couple hundred a month to try to go backwards with the plaque. I've seen some studies on meds that might be beneficial like CETP inhibitors but seems like they are early in results. Obviously blasting right now is out of the question but I do utilize low dose testosterone weekly and 2 iu hgh daily. NO estrogen blockers or aromatase inhibitors and never really have outside of a prep. Never been a pre-workout guy and no stims other than coffee. Off the top of my head here are the supps I use: scripts- losartan 50mg, (will start vascepa soon), OTC- pure pommegranate juice, k2 with d3, citrus bergamont, tudca, nattokinase, pycnogenol, aged garlic, krill oil, coQ10/ubiquinol, astralagus, omega 3's, fiber, tumeric/curcumin.

The goal is now my contest prep and that's the way I'm approaching it. Also continue to read about it and incorporate discoveries as we go.

Thank you for the detailed reply.. Yea I follow Dante on IG and I’ve been implementing a lot of his health supps and blood tests etc over the past 3 years or so.. I’m only 31 years old though and never been a heavy guy or heavy with AAS but I did party a lot through my 20’s lol...

I take a lot of the same supplements as you do and I do a lot of cardio as well... The only thing I have is my HDL has always been somewhat low, in the 35 range, but my LDL, Trigs, and cholesterol ratio etc are always low too.. At least the last 3-4 years they have been that I’ve been doing bloods consistently every few months.. I’ve also had my Cardio IQ done and 2 echos done, the most recent about 10 days ago...

My doc scripted me Vascepa to get my HDL up and I take 2 grams per day and I’ll be evaluating again in February... But I also take Kyolic Garlic, Ubiquinol, Natto, Zinc, Magnesium L-Threonate, Curcumin, A-bolic, Vitamin D3.. I’ve also gotten tested for the blood clotting factors (negative) and my CRP HS is always super low and my blood insulin levels too. Which you should also get tested, your insulin levels can still be super high even if your A1C and blood sugar are normal and that’s an indication of more systemic inflammation..

I take my preventative health super serious now, especially thinking back at all the dumb partying shit I did lol. I want to live as long as possible as healthy and active as possible... I was planning a VERY LIGHT blast soon of MAX 300mg Test and 3-4iu GH, that’s it.. I’m prescribed 150mg per week TRT so I’d be going just a bit above that.. I’m not willing to take any crazy compounds or push the limits... I do have to work on letting go of certain foods/sugar lol I eat very healthy overall, I don’t eat fast food ever and I literally don’t drink anything that isn’t water, lots of fruits and veggies and wild game meats or pasture raised meats.. But I do love my sweets man, I don’t eat them often but I wish I could go months on end without them lol.. A week and I’m dying..

Keep us posted on your progress bro! Wishing you the best!

Ok I was premed (bio-chem major) So I did many years of research on this subject and I am friends with a Dr that has very good results for reversing calcium score tests ..
1st of calcium is natures way of stabilizing plaque ...Soft plaque is dangerous ..Its what causes the clots ...So calcium is what the immune system does to stop it from reentering the blood stream .(cause soft plaque has enetered between the intima and media layers of the artery through a micro crack)..Picture cement of a retaining wall that has a crack in it where mud and water in seeping in ...U need to stop it hence a cement patch ...

The main reason for blockages is inflammatory responses from your body ..Most likely from insulin resistance ...
Not getting too far into the science cause it gets crazy Im going to make this quick and easy ...Your body thinks there is a leak internally in to your artery which is possible ..So the problem occurs from 1 of 2 reasons ...The calcium keeps being piled on cause it thinks it still needs it or the calcium doesnt pile on at all then the soft plaque re-enters the blood stream ..As soon as that soft plaque enters it immediately turns into a blood clot and u get a heart attack ...

The protocol which seems works wonders is .25mg to 5mg crestor ever other day ..I know thats a child dose ...Plus
1 500mg metformin once to twice a day ... Metformin keeps insulin resistance down so we dont get an inflammatory response and create problems and low and behold crestor as a few small other statins are a very strong anti inflammatory when takin in smaller doses ...

Statins lowering cholesterol wasnt the reason it was reversing heart diseases ..It was the dumb luck of the anti inflammatory response the drug created ...Not to be confused with anti inflammatory drugs ..2 different mechanisms ...

Sorry I am not a great teacher ..I dropped med school after my 1st year ..I do how ever know a few things ..

Also theres a bunch of other stuff that goes with it but not going to give a boring science lesson ..I tried to keep it short

So you want to lower the calcium but not get rid of it totally ...Dont take calcium supplemts either by the way ...Excess Ca in the blood loves to attach itself to soft tissue ...

Ok I was premed (bio-chem major) So I did many years of research on this subject and I am friends with a Dr that has very good results for reversing calcium score tests ..
1st of calcium is natures way of stabilizing plaque ...Soft plaque is dangerous ..Its what causes the clots ...So calcium is what the immune system does to stop it from reentering the blood stream .(cause soft plaque has enetered between the intima and media layers of the artery through a micro crack)..Picture cement of a retaining wall that has a crack in it where mud and water in seeping in ...U need to stop it hence a cement patch ...

The main reason for blockages is inflammatory responses from your body ..Most likely from insulin resistance ...
Not getting too far into the science cause it gets crazy Im going to make this quick and easy ...Your body thinks there is a leak internally in to your artery which is possible ..So the problem occurs from 1 of 2 reasons ...The calcium keeps being piled on cause it thinks it still needs it or the calcium doesnt pile on at all then the soft plaque re-enters the blood stream ..As soon as that soft plaque enters it immediately turns into a blood clot and u get a heart attack ...

The protocol which seems works wonders is .25mg to 5mg crestor ever other day ..I know thats a child dose ...Plus
1 500mg metformin once to twice a day ... Metformin keeps insulin resistance down so we dont get an inflammatory response and create problems and low and behold crestor as a few small other statins are a very strong anti inflammatory when takin in smaller doses ...

Statins lowering cholesterol wasnt the reason it was reversing heart diseases ..It was the dumb luck of the anti inflammatory response the drug created ...Not to be confused with anti inflammatory drugs ..2 different mechanisms ...

Sorry I am not a great teacher ..I dropped med school after my 1st year ..I do how ever know a few things ..

Also theres a bunch of other stuff that goes with it but not going to give a boring science lesson ..I tried to keep it short

So you want to lower the calcium but not get rid of it totally ...Dont take calcium supplemts either by the way ...Excess Ca in the blood loves to attach itself to soft tissue ...
We are seeing some studies that are now coming out against statins.. did they ever address that in your studies or were they pro statins?

This seems mostly accurate but the plaque itself is part of the protective response to inflammation, the calcification of that plaque is part of this process. And, although inflammation from insulin resistance and thus high concentrations of glucose, it is also true that this doesn't occur in some people regardless of inflammation. So, while this does represent the current science, there are also clearly missing pieces to the puzzle we don't understand yet.

As for that protocol, I would like to see evidence that crestor is actually effective, I'm skeptical.

btw, for future reference, you'll find you can be as technical and scientific as you want with this board and most will probably understand it.

We are seeing some studies that are now coming out against statins.. did they ever address that in your studies or were they pro statins?
Low dose statins are what seems to be working ..My doc friend has many of his patients on this protocol and it has been causing plaque regression ...Some statins do not work against inflammation (Lipitor being 1) ..Some work great in LOW dose Crestor and Livalo are the 2 I know that lower inflammation......High doses causes issues cause it creates insulin resistance ...So the only studies that are against statins are in average high dose usage ...Remember I am saying that he is using 2.5mg to 5mg Eod... The protocol for Crestor is prescribed 20mg per day in average ...
The only reason 5mg dosage exist is because u have to work the patient up to 20mg ....

I did a Calcium Score test and came out 78. I went on a statin and followed much of Dante Trudel's supplement protocol for 3 years. Re-tested and it almost doubled. I only used TRT during that time. 200 mg per week. And had been using it for years prior, so the only thing that changed in the 3 years was the statin and the supps. I am convinced it is genetic and you cannot change it. That said, I have also learned that the statin might actually INCREASE your score because it takes all the dangerous plaque (soft) and hardens it, making it safe. And I have a buddy who took the same test, scored a zero and had a heart attack a few months later due to soft plaque (undetectable) breaking free and clogging his widow maker. So, I would say YES take the test. But understand it is only a piece to the puzzle.

I did a Calcium Score test and came out 78. I went on a statin and followed much of Dante Trudel's supplement protocol for 3 years. Re-tested and it almost doubled. I only used TRT during that time. 200 mg per week. And had been using it for years prior, so the only thing that changed in the 3 years was the statin and the supps. I am convinced it is genetic and you cannot change it. That said, I have also learned that the statin might actually INCREASE your score because it takes all the dangerous plaque (soft) and hardens it, making it safe. And I have a buddy who took the same test, scored a zero and had a heart attack a few months later due to soft plaque (undetectable) breaking free and clogging his widow maker. So, I would say YES take the test. But understand it is only a piece to the puzzle.
What statin and what dose ?

and yes the soft plaque is the dangerous one ...coronary angiogram is the gold standard and the only one u can completely rely on ..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131