over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calcium score ct

At 32 years old, with zero symptoms and family history I’d never be allowed to get this done unless some how, some way, like many lab tests you can just pay out of pocket without needing a doctor referral??

A CT Angiogram with dye contrast will pick up soft plaque.

Tell your Dr. you've been having chest pains and see if he'll refer it? He might want to start with a stress echo but push him for a CT angiogram and tell him you have a bad family history on both sides.

The future is Coronary CTA with AI analysis. The only way to see how much TOTAL atherosclerosis you have. Tony Robbins talks about it in his new book, his comany offers it and you will hear more and more about it. CAC is damn near worthless. Think about seeing an iceburg from the surface, and the really dangerous shit is all underwater. Thats your CAC test. My CAC was zero yet I have way more soft plaque that I would like and or any other normal lab value would suggest.

I agree about the future but I wouldn't call CAC damn near worthless...maybe in the future. My friend found out he had a widow maker and two other clogged arteries that required a triple bypass. Doctors said he didn't have much longer if he hadn't found it. Now with many other friends and acquaintances that have had it two need stents and third will find out soon.

This is a site that a doctor friend recommended. Not sure if it's the one you were referring to...

https://cleerlyhealth.com/

Cash pay at a variety of physicians. CCTA test is class 1A recomendation so your Dr could easily wrtie it to be covered then just pay for the AI analysis. Most proactive, preventative care is rarely covered.
How do you get something like that done without an actual good reason??

Doctors here in the US don’t believe in preventative medicine, they only care when you’ve got symptoms and are already fucked (basically)…

At 32 years old, with zero symptoms and family history I’d never be allowed to get this done unless some how, some way, like many lab tests you can just pay out of pocket without needing a doctor referral?

CAC is a step in the right direction. Your friend had MAJOR disease.

Is Calcium Scoring Providing accuracy of Coronary Vessel health/CAD????
Recent publications and Clinical trials are exposing the risk that patients with ZERO CAC Scores
may not be receiving adequate medical therapy, nor know the extent of their disease.

The Fallacy of the Power of Zero (JACC May12, 2022)

1. Among patients with zero CAC (n = 282), the baseline coronary CTA showed coronary
atherosclerosis in 41.4%.
2. On follow-up coronary CTA, patients with zero CAC experienced only a small change
in progression or development of calcified plaque, but PROGRESSION of non-calcified
plaque was common.
3. The potential of plaque quantification to improve the prognostic yield of coronary
CTA was recently demonstrated in SCOT-HEART, in which the burden of LAP (low-
attenuation plaque) was the strongest predictor of incident myocardial infarction,
independent of risk factors, CAC, and stenosis.
The Swedish CArdioPulmonary bioImage (SCAPIS) Study enrolled over 30,000 patients in
an "open-access" study of Cardiovascular Disease and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
• Coronary artery disease prevalence was approximately 50%, highlighting the
importance of early prevention.
• Over 5% of asymptomatic individuals had a significant (>50%) stenosis
• Zero Calcium Score DOES NOT exclude athersclerosis, stenosis or the presence of high
risk plaque

The Western Denmark Heart Study tracking patients since 1999, including 60,000
CCTA’s, over 90,000 percutaneous coronary interventions, as well as a host of other imaging and
intervention data. The WDHR used CAC as a surrogate marker for atherosclerosis. For patients
with no severe stenosis, atherosclerotic burden was the dominant factor to identify those who
would benefit from statin therapy.
53% of patients with CACS=0 had atherosclerosis
31% of major adverse cardiac events (MACE) occurred in patients with a CACS=0

CAC cannot be used in disease tracking. An increase in CAC score may represent a
number of things: Plaque Progression, Plaque Stabilization or Plaque Regression

Yes Cleerly is the AI company.

I agree about the future but I wouldn't call CAC damn near worthless...maybe in the future. My friend found out he had a widow maker and two other clogged arteries that required a triple bypass. Doctors said he didn't have much longer if he hadn't found it. Now with many other friends and acquaintances that have had it two need stents and third will find out soon.

This is a site that a doctor friend recommended. Not sure if it's the one you were referring to...

https://cleerlyhealth.com

HGH lowers arterial calcification.

Regular cardiovascular exercise is essential.

Heart disease isn't just about calcification, but also the suppleness of the arteries and how narrow/stiff they are. You wont see that in calcium score.

The strength and fitness of your heart is another important factor, it must be exercised regularly like any other muscle to build fitness.

Too many guys popping 30 pills from amazon but neglecting their cardio. The sooner you start, the better. Cardiovascular exercise > Supplements.

BP control is essential and being lean helps as well (less inflammation/better insulin sensitivity)
Screenshot_20220806-122824.png

Tons of people with zero-calcium, die from sudden heart attack (soft plaque).
Calcified plaque (in some cases) can be protective. (Prevents it from rupture).

Of course a "zero" of calcium and soft-plaque is ideal.

Tons of people with zero-calcium, die from sudden heart attack (soft plaque).
Calcified plaque (in some cases) can be protective. (Prevents it from rupture).

Of course a "zero" of calcium and soft-plaque is ideal.
This is a fact. I had a buddy test at ZERO and 2 months later had a widow maker heart attack (survived). Unfortunately, this test does not show soft plaque (dangerous stuff). However, if you have a lot of calcified plaque....one can surmise you might also have a lot of soft plaque. But, it is (reasonably) speculative.

Yes you can have soft plaque and have 0 calcium score. I made recent post with video of doctor saying CIMT is better than CT test because it shows soft plaque. I had 0 on both tests but still thinking about adding 5 mg Crestor 3 times week as precaution as it will help calcifying of any soft plaque

Yes you can have soft plaque and have 0 calcium score. I made recent post with video of doctor saying CIMT is better than CT test because it shows soft plaque. I had 0 on both tests but still thinking about adding 5 mg Crestor 3 times week as precaution as it will help calcifying of any soft plaque
I was on Lipitor and switched to Crestor at the advice of my cardiologist. Crestor kicked my ass with unanticipated side effects. The biggest being EXTREME lethargy. Next, I had moderate joint pain and was getting weaker in the gym despite upping my TRT dose a bit.

I was on Lipitor and switched to Crestor at the advice of my cardiologist. Crestor kicked my ass with unanticipated side effects. The biggest being EXTREME lethargy. Next, I had moderate joint pain and was getting weaker in the gym despite upping my TRT dose a bit.
What was your dose and was it daily ? Anabolic doc had a video where he linked a study showing 5 mg 3 times a week showed efficacy. I don’t have cholesterol problem so I just want some protection if any soft plaque or I will stick with red yeast

What was your dose and was it daily ? Anabolic doc had a video where he linked a study showing 5 mg 3 times a week showed efficacy. I don’t have cholesterol problem so I just want some protection if any soft plaque or I will stick with red yeast
20mg per day of crestor. kicked my ass. but effective for lowering cholesterol.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear