over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calcium score ct

I did a Calcium Score test and came out 78. I went on a statin and followed much of Dante Trudel's supplement protocol for 3 years. Re-tested and it almost doubled. I only used TRT during that time. 200 mg per week. And had been using it for years prior, so the only thing that changed in the 3 years was the statin and the supps. I am convinced it is genetic and you cannot change it. That said, I have also learned that the statin might actually INCREASE your score because it takes all the dangerous plaque (soft) and hardens it, making it safe. And I have a buddy who took the same test, scored a zero and had a heart attack a few months later due to soft plaque (undetectable) breaking free and clogging his widow maker. So, I would say YES take the test. But understand it is only a piece to the puzzle.

How old are you if I may ask? And what age did you take the first and 2nd test?? And background with AAS and food/training etc? If you don’t mind talking about it of course

What statin and what dose ?
My Dr prescribed atorvastatin.. 80mg.. too much.. felt like crap.. he told me to break them in half so that what I've been doing.. could probably go lower

I did a Calcium Score test and came out 78. I went on a statin and followed much of Dante Trudel's supplement protocol for 3 years. Re-tested and it almost doubled. I only used TRT during that time. 200 mg per week. And had been using it for years prior, so the only thing that changed in the 3 years was the statin and the supps. I am convinced it is genetic and you cannot change it. That said, I have also learned that the statin might actually INCREASE your score because it takes all the dangerous plaque (soft) and hardens it, making it safe. And I have a buddy who took the same test, scored a zero and had a heart attack a few months later due to soft plaque (undetectable) breaking free and clogging his widow maker. So, I would say YES take the test. But understand it is only a piece to the puzzle.
That's crazy man. Any other risk factors? Stress or weight? Lipids checked good during that 3 yrs? Did you do much intense cardio? No doubt genetics play a huge part. Do you think the statin was the reason for the increased score?

This article explains why calcium score goes up after statin treatment for some and its not a bad thing..

I went to doctor today, he wouldn't do calcium CT scan. He did do everything else I asked for PSA, cholesterol, creatinine /bun. And he added basic lipid

He said can calcium CT scan Cost 20 k. He said if I had chest pains he could refer me to cardiologist

I think I needed to ask for a calcium test instead and not calcium CT scan right?

calcium test shows plaque. Furthermore, if plaque is shown and cholesterol is high, one needs to be on cholesterol meds. If no plaque, it's not needed

I went to doctor today, he wouldn't do calcium CT scan. He did do everything else I asked for PSA, cholesterol, creatinine /bun. And he added basic lipid

He said can calcium CT scan Cost 20 k. He said if I had chest pains he could refer me to cardiologist

I think I needed to ask for a calcium test instead and not calcium CT scan right?

calcium test shows plaque. Furthermore, if plaque is shown and cholesterol is high, one needs to be on cholesterol meds. If no plaque, it's not needed

(y)

Just to clarify, If plaque is not there and cholesterol is high, meds not needed

That is my understanding and experience.

My cholesterol is considered high but my calcium score is 0. My ratios are not that great also, still no meds have been prescribed.

This is what it is. It's $100-150 out of pocket. I just had one a few weeks ago. Mine was $100

The only reason that I would give for NOT getting it... especially as a routine procedure is the added radiation to your body over time. But yes, it is a good test to do for older folks.
its low dose. i would not be deterred from getting it based on that. once you know you can set it up every 3-5 years or even less if your good.

My Dr prescribed atorvastatin.. 80mg.. too much.. felt like crap.. he told me to break them in half so that what I've been doing.. could probably go lower
Ok thats lipitor (evil) which is one of a few statins that do not lower inflammation..It also raises your insulin resistance quite a bit ..There is a correlation between diabetes and heart disease ...Very bad statin and in high doses wreaks havoc on the body in many ways ...
Again my honest opinion is cholesterol is not the criminal here its inflammation ...Cholesterol is extremely important for the body in many ways ...Also yes low dose statins are known to stabilize plaque and thats a good thing ...

How old are you if I may ask? And what age did you take the first and 2nd test?? And background with AAS and food/training etc? If you don’t mind talking about it of course
I was 50 for the first test. 53 for the second test. No "illegal" anabolics in my life. Been on TRT (generally 100 mg every 4 days) before and after both tests. No HGH, insulin etc. Test, HcG, occasionally anastrozole. But that was before and after so essentially, nothing changed when it came to "drugs". My diet was pretty good before the first test, and it stayed pretty good then entire 3 years in between tests. If anything I ate better and tried to get more healthy fats from salmon, walnuts and olives. I moderately upped the cardio (LISS) during that 3 year down period. Weight training remained virtually the same other than trying different splits, etc. The only things I added were a bunch of "heart healthy supps" after the first test. Ubiquinol, Vitamin D/K combo, Citrus Bergamot, Tumeric, Krill Oil, baby asprin, magnesium AND a statin. As Lats responded, the statin MIGHT be responsible for the increased Calcium score which is actually a huge relief if true. But all the heart supps, I cannot say if they helped or hurt or were indifferent. All I know was my score drastically increased.

That's crazy man. Any other risk factors? Stress or weight? Lipids checked good during that 3 yrs? Did you do much intense cardio? No doubt genetics play a huge part. Do you think the statin was the reason for the increased score?
No to all the questions. Cardio was LISS not HIIT. The only YES was to the statin question. That is a YES I do think it did. And I based that answer off that article LATS linked up. It appears the statin could have increased my score while subsequently decreased my chances of having a heart attack (hopefully this is accurate).

No to all the questions. Cardio was LISS not HIIT. The only YES was to the statin question. That is a YES I do think it did. And I based that answer off that article LATS linked up. It appears the statin could have increased my score while subsequently decreased my chances of having a heart attack (hopefully this is accurate).
Ok.. I called my cardiologist today to see about lowering my statins again or changing compounds.. I asked his nurse the question of its possible that statin " increase" the scores etc.. she didn't know but said she'd talk to dr.. a few hours later the nurse called but immediately said she was going to transfer call to Dr.. we talked about changing my meds then he dove into the calcium score.. he did say that statin coukd increase score but decrease risk of heart attack like the link above states.. he said calcium scores after use of statins have to.sometimes be taken with a grain of salt as statin some people increase hardening g at a very substantial rate.. but the risk drops dramatically for heart attack

I was 50 for the first test. 53 for the second test. No "illegal" anabolics in my life. Been on TRT (generally 100 mg every 4 days) before and after both tests. No HGH, insulin etc. Test, HcG, occasionally anastrozole. But that was before and after so essentially, nothing changed when it came to "drugs". My diet was pretty good before the first test, and it stayed pretty good then entire 3 years in between tests. If anything I ate better and tried to get more healthy fats from salmon, walnuts and olives. I moderately upped the cardio (LISS) during that 3 year down period. Weight training remained virtually the same other than trying different splits, etc. The only things I added were a bunch of "heart healthy supps" after the first test. Ubiquinol, Vitamin D/K combo, Citrus Bergamot, Tumeric, Krill Oil, baby asprin, magnesium AND a statin. As Lats responded, the statin MIGHT be responsible for the increased Calcium score which is actually a huge relief if true. But all the heart supps, I cannot say if they helped or hurt or were indifferent. All I know was my score drastically increased.
How much total supplemental calcium did you take? Some of the vitamines you listed are often combined with calcium. Also, even without a statin, soft plaque calcifies over time, it doesn't necessarily mean anything got worse.

How much total supplemental calcium did you take? Some of the vitamines you listed are often combined with calcium. Also, even without a statin, soft plaque calcifies over time, it doesn't necessarily mean anything got worse.
So I purposely avoided any supps with calcium. I would say at the most, my calcium intake remained unchanged. (I cannot handle dairy as it gives me the shits). I also avoid iron supps, because I am sure I get plenty with regular food intake. So, yes I did expect an increase due to 3 years passing. I HOPED (hope the key word) that it would actually decrease due to the supps (forgot to mention I religiously took pomegranate too). But I expected it to slightly raise due to simply going from 50 to 53. That said, I was shocked to see such a dramatic increase. And I took nearly every single supp that has been touted as heart healthy. Like I said, I am convinced genetics trump all. And, as Lats has posted the statin likely increased the score (in a good way). And I can only speculate if it would have increased more without all those supps.

Bio will you please help.
quote, from my Dr. after going to endo.
"CT calcium score, it did show likely moderate nonobstructive coronary artery disease. I think this is something that does require some attention and further follow-up. My suggestion is a referral to consult with a cardiologist. Also potentially may need to consider adjusting or discontinuing certain medications such as stimulants or testosterone. reviewed. A total calcium score of 349 implies moderate identifiable plaque and moderate non-obstructive coronary artery disease highly likely. NOOOOOOOOO. I started trt when I was around 40 and cruise at 200 and bump up three of 4 times a year and I take Adderall. These help me. I could not imagine being off testosterone. SO please tell me what to get to get this shit better. I already eat healthily but there were some things that surprised me. But I am going to first start adding steel-cut oats to some scrambled eggs in the morning. The steal cut hopes and he aid to get every thing organic otherwise you are probably using the same shit they use in Round up or something. i have just learned that mine is sort of high.

I did a Calcium Score Test and an MRA last year after years of PEDs usage, high blood pressure, and super high LDL and low HDL... Thank god the Calcium Score came back = 0 and the MRA showed no soft or hard plaque accumulation. Genetics? I don't know maybe... but since, I have taken care of my blood pressure with irbesartan @ 300/25 mg and nebivolol @ 10 mg x day. Also for LDL, I added ezetimibe y atorvastatin daily. Prior to that, I have been taking high-quality vitamin K2 mk4 (maybe that helps with the calcium?), CB, Niacin, Ubiquinol, etc.
Dr, said I can do another test round in 2-3 years

Bio will you please help.
quote, from my Dr. after going to endo.
"CT calcium score, it did show likely moderate nonobstructive coronary artery disease. I think this is something that does require some attention and further follow-up. My suggestion is a referral to consult with a cardiologist. Also potentially may need to consider adjusting or discontinuing certain medications such as stimulants or testosterone. reviewed. A total calcium score of 349 implies moderate identifiable plaque and moderate non-obstructive coronary artery disease highly likely. NOOOOOOOOO. I started trt when I was around 40 and cruise at 200 and bump up three of 4 times a year and I take Adderall. These help me. I could not imagine being off testosterone. SO please tell me what to get to get this shit better. I already eat healthily but there were some things that surprised me. But I am going to first start adding steel-cut oats to some scrambled eggs in the morning. The steal cut hopes and he aid to get every thing organic otherwise you are probably using the same shit they use in Round up or something. i have just learned that mine is sort of high.

I'm sorry but your WAY off base if you think adding steel cut oats is going to help you in this situation. :rolleyes:

If I were you I would do the following:

-Get a CT angiogram to get a better picture and see amount of soft plaque you have in addition to what percent on each artery.

-Start a statin and ezetimibe.

-Start ETDA IV chelation therapy with a Dr/Clinic that specializes in this.

-Drop to TRT only.

-Get your carotids checked.

Other notes:

-I'm not going to list the supplements to add. Look it up, I've posted in numerous other threads.

-Ask the cardiologist but I was told by a cardiologist that stims affect arrhythmias much more that atherosclerosis

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear