over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calcium

animal71

Banned
Wanted to bring up an easy topic that's rarely discussed. What kind of calcium do you guys use? at what dose? and do you use it daily? Do you feel difference between high quality and low quality calcium?

Personally, I use coral calcium minimum 2000mgs/day because I have all sorts of joint issues. Never skip a day. When I used poor quality calcium, the results were terrible, so I can honestly say I feel the difference between quality coral calcium and some walmart brand.

We have a new article published on evo about calcium, your feedback is welcome:
https://www.evolutionary.org/calcium/

calcium-chemical.jpg

Our discussion on this topic on evo:
https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/calcium-explained-49827.html

I like Rachel more

I just get the calcium magnesium zinc combo from target. Take 3 everyday

Calcium might not come off as the 'sexiest' supplement but it's a very important supplement to take. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. It actually makes up 1.5% of your body weight. Calcium is essential for optimal bone health and muscle contraction.

It's best to take calcium with magnesium and vitamin D3 for optimal absorption. You DONT want to take calcium with the same meal as your multivitamin because the minerals will compete for absorption.

What I personally do is take a multivitamin with breakfast and dinner and take calcium magnesium with vitamin D3 with my pre and post workout meal.

dont you get enough calcium in foods you eat and whey protein, milk, if you drink it etc?

dont you get enough calcium in foods you eat and whey protein, milk, if you drink it etc?

I stay away from dairy, due to digestion issues. So, I supplement coral calcium to help with my joints. Fairly hard to get 2000mgs I'm taking without supplements but possible.

I stay away from dairy, due to digestion issues. So, I supplement coral calcium to help with my joints. Fairly hard to get 2000mgs I'm taking without supplements but possible.

Any particular brand you guys like?

the article explains why dairy actually leeches the body of calcium, it doesn't increase it. if it did the way Americans drink milk nobody would have osteoperosis.

the best way to get calcium from foods are GREEN VEGGIES. and americans do not get that in their diets

Am I remembering correctly Dante recommending 500mg calcium pre-workout for a pump?

I take extra calcium besides what I get from diet alone. I use Calcium Bisglycinate 400mg per day.

I just get the calcium magnesium zinc combo from target. Take 3 everyday

I got the equate brand calcium, and started taking it separate than my multi, with vit d, magnesium, and zinc

Vitamin K2 needs to be taken in order to direct the calcium into the bones and away from arterial walls.

Don't over dose on AI also... it will pull calcium from the bones and your blood levels will be high. .. learned this the hard way

Any particular brand you guys like?

Not necessarily brands but the different forms you should educate yourself on.

8 Common Types of Calcium

1. Calcium Carbonate
A common form of calcium supplement, calcium carbonate is an alkaline-based compound found in rocks, limestone, shells of marine animals, pearls, eggshells and snails. It holds one of the highest concentrations of elemental calcium (35-40%), but is not high in bioavailability and requires the production of extra stomach acid to be absorbed.

Bioavailability refers to the amount of calcium in the supplement that can be assimilated by the digestive system, and ultimately used for cellular activity and health benefits. Calcium Carbonate is currently one of the cheapest and most prevalent forms of calcium supplements sold today. Be sure to avoid this form and check all of your multivitamin / mineral supplement labels.

2. Calcium Citrate
Differing from the alkaline qualities of calcium carbonate, calcium citrate has an acidic base. This acidity requires less production of natural stomach acids, allowing this type of calcium to be better absorbed than the carbonate form. It does, however, have less elemental calcium concentration (20%), and again, low bioavailability.

3. Oyster Shell Calcium
While it may seem like a more natural form of calcium, and thus higher in absorbable content, oyster shell calcium, as well as dolomite and bone meal, are difficult to quality-control and have been found to show levels of lead toxins. In general, these “natural forms” of calcium should be avoided.

4. Calcium Gluconate
A form of of calcium with very low levels of actual calcium concentration. You would need to take very large amounts of the supplement to reach calcium requirements, and the bioavailability is still not certain.

5. Calcium Lactate
The form of calcium found in foods such as aged cheese and baking powder. It has a medium bioavailablity in the body because it can be absorbed at various pHs.

6. Calcium Phosphate
The main form of calcium coming from cow’s milk. Tooth enamel and bones are very high in calcium phosphate, although supplemental forms have not shown to be readily bioavailable.

7. Calcium Citrate Malate
A water-soluble form of calcium. It is created through mixing the calcium salt found in citric acid with malic acid. This combination has higher levels of bioavailability than other forms, as it is water-soluble and does show some evidence of being dissolved into cell membranes. More bioavailable than the other forms listed above.

8. Calcium Orotate
The most effective form of calcium supplement, created through the use of the mineral salts of orotic acid. Calcium orotates are found in small amounts in all living beings. It is a primary mineral for the creation of bones and teeth, and fosters cellular communications. In my experience, this is by far the best calcium supplement to use for supporting calcium levels, and the one product I recommend is IntraCal™.

Both plants and animals use orotates to create DNA and RNA. Extensive scientific research done by by Hans A. Nieper, M.D. has found that orotates can penetrate cell membranes, enabling the effective delivery of the calcium ion to the inner-most layers of the cellular mitochondria and nucleus.

Calcium Orotate supplements have been found to be beneficial in:

Preventing osteoporosis
Reduction of muscle cramps
Reduction in pain associated with spinal problems
Maintaining bone health
Maintaining teeth health
Alleviation of sleep disorders like insomnia
Increasing the body’s ability to metabolize iron
Overall stress reduction and mental alertness

Calcium orotates contain many properties that can help protect you and your health, while offering your cells the most readily-absorbable form of calcium on the market today.

Not necessarily brands but the different forms you should educate yourself on.

8 Common Types of Calcium

1. Calcium Carbonate
A common form of calcium supplement, calcium carbonate is an alkaline-based compound found in rocks, limestone, shells of marine animals, pearls, eggshells and snails. It holds one of the highest concentrations of elemental calcium (35-40%), but is not high in bioavailability and requires the production of extra stomach acid to be absorbed.

Bioavailability refers to the amount of calcium in the supplement that can be assimilated by the digestive system, and ultimately used for cellular activity and health benefits. Calcium Carbonate is currently one of the cheapest and most prevalent forms of calcium supplements sold today. Be sure to avoid this form and check all of your multivitamin / mineral supplement labels.

2. Calcium Citrate
Differing from the alkaline qualities of calcium carbonate, calcium citrate has an acidic base. This acidity requires less production of natural stomach acids, allowing this type of calcium to be better absorbed than the carbonate form. It does, however, have less elemental calcium concentration (20%), and again, low bioavailability.

3. Oyster Shell Calcium
While it may seem like a more natural form of calcium, and thus higher in absorbable content, oyster shell calcium, as well as dolomite and bone meal, are difficult to quality-control and have been found to show levels of lead toxins. In general, these “natural forms” of calcium should be avoided.

4. Calcium Gluconate
A form of of calcium with very low levels of actual calcium concentration. You would need to take very large amounts of the supplement to reach calcium requirements, and the bioavailability is still not certain.

5. Calcium Lactate
The form of calcium found in foods such as aged cheese and baking powder. It has a medium bioavailablity in the body because it can be absorbed at various pHs.

6. Calcium Phosphate
The main form of calcium coming from cow’s milk. Tooth enamel and bones are very high in calcium phosphate, although supplemental forms have not shown to be readily bioavailable.

7. Calcium Citrate Malate
A water-soluble form of calcium. It is created through mixing the calcium salt found in citric acid with malic acid. This combination has higher levels of bioavailability than other forms, as it is water-soluble and does show some evidence of being dissolved into cell membranes. More bioavailable than the other forms listed above.

8. Calcium Orotate
The most effective form of calcium supplement, created through the use of the mineral salts of orotic acid. Calcium orotates are found in small amounts in all living beings. It is a primary mineral for the creation of bones and teeth, and fosters cellular communications. In my experience, this is by far the best calcium supplement to use for supporting calcium levels, and the one product I recommend is IntraCal™.

Both plants and animals use orotates to create DNA and RNA. Extensive scientific research done by by Hans A. Nieper, M.D. has found that orotates can penetrate cell membranes, enabling the effective delivery of the calcium ion to the inner-most layers of the cellular mitochondria and nucleus.

Calcium Orotate supplements have been found to be beneficial in:

Preventing osteoporosis
Reduction of muscle cramps
Reduction in pain associated with spinal problems
Maintaining bone health
Maintaining teeth health
Alleviation of sleep disorders like insomnia
Increasing the body’s ability to metabolize iron
Overall stress reduction and mental alertness

Calcium orotates contain many properties that can help protect you and your health, while offering your cells the most readily-absorbable form of calcium on the market today.

Thanks!

Am I remembering correctly Dante recommending 500mg calcium pre-workout for a pump?

I dont think that was me.....Im more in line with Tom's post on this page...I dont take any extra calcium

This is a really nice article! I have been taking Ruthless 3D for a long time now but recently added N2JointRX to my stack. It is more of a preventative measure since I am getting older now. I also eat a good amount of green veggies so my calcium intake is probably at the higher end.

The great thing in this article is how it highlights that dairy is not something you should immediately turn to when you need calcium. In most cases dairy is actually counterproductive.

This is a really nice article! I have been taking Ruthless 3D for a long time now but recently added N2JointRX to my stack. It is more of a preventative measure since I am getting older now. I also eat a good amount of green veggies so my calcium intake is probably at the higher end.

The great thing in this article is how it highlights that dairy is not something you should immediately turn to when you need calcium. In most cases dairy is actually counterproductive.

For fucks sake it's one thing to have these "discussions" which are pathetically veiled advertisements but do you really think you're going to gain customers here using the same tactics as you do on your giant false advertisement website/forums? I support a lot of our sponsors here, they make this place run and I appreciate their services but someone like you (animal) who is specifically trying to deceive people I will make absolutely sure I will never purchase from and will make sure I do whatever I can to dissuade other people from buying from you. You're not the only one selling stuff on here but you're the only who resorts to using goons and dupe accounts to pump your garbage products.

I've been burned on other forums by people like you before, its pretty telling that you can't advertise your shit without trickery.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131