over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calf Cramps

chadd7

Registered
I play soccer all year long. A couple months back my right calf started cramping pretty bad towards the end of my games. The league I'm in right now I play two 40 minute halves. I don't sub out so I'm in for an hour and 20 minutes. Usually about an hour and 10 minutes in I feel it knot up. As soon as it cramps I'm basically done. It feels like a baseball coming out of my calf. I started wrapping it up pretty tight which helps some but I still have the issue. I drink a gallon of water a day but I do sweat a ton when playing. It's the sprinting that's doing it. If I were to ride a bike for 4 hours I would be fine but the quick sprints is what's does it. Any help is appreciated!

Do you take in any extra sodium? Usually the first reason for this is people not taking in nearly enough sodium to counterbalance all the extra water and sweating.

Sodium is very important yes, and so is potassium and moreso taurine. I took tren, pg-cl, and Dnp all together and got cramps in my hands, my toes, my hammies, everywhere! I tried everything and it wasn’t until I took extra taurine that my cramps stopped.

Valid point. I've just seen way too often, even from people that work out that when I ask about sodium I get the "I don't take in any sodium" :banghead:

But pedialyte with some extra taurine is my go-to when I'm having really bad cramps

Sodium is very important yes, and so is potassium and moreso taurine. I took tren, pg-cl, and Dnp all together and got cramps in my hands, my toes, my hammers, everywhere! I tried everything and it wasn’t until I took extra taurine that my cramps stopped.

On game days I always try and bump my sodium intake up but maybe I need to add more.

I take a multi, taurine, and magnesium every day. A guy at soccer told me his wife is a runner and she drinks pickle juice when she starts to cramp. I'm guessing the sodium helps in the juice helps.

I can try to up my sodium even more but not sure that will really help but worth a try.

Are you on any peds? Have you tried foam rolling before games? Since the cramps hit you so late i doubt that would really help but ya never know.

If its not an electrolyte issue it could be some type of muscular imbalance thats causing that right calve to knot up. Might want to see a chiro or go to one of those places that do all the fancy muscle voodoo tricks.

Last edited:

Yeah, I didn't see any salts listed in the active ingredients. If the ones I listed don't help then I think it is safe to rule out electrolytes as being a problem. Keep an eye on your BP too then with the increased sodium.

I’m guessing I should only use them on days I have games correct? I don’t think it would be necessary to take them every day.

I’m guessing I should only use them on days I have games correct? I don’t think it would be necessary to take them every day.

Yes, just game days. Be sure to drink plenty of water too, but Im sure you already do that. Youll have to play around with how much to take. I would follow the directions on the bottle and adjust from there, either more or less etc within reason. Just read the label on that page and it says one tablet every 30 to 60 minutes of activity and not to exceed 10 in a day. I remember my father telling me that he was in Texas training for the guard and they had them taking salt tablets when they were training out in the field during heat. Let us know if it helps you! I hope it does.

Last edited:
So.. had my game on Friday. We were down a player (left early with injury) so obviously no subs. No cramps after playing for an hour and 20 minutes. In the last 2 months I've only had one other time where I didn't cramp.

I took 1 pill 2 hours before, another an hour before, and broke one apart and drank with Gatorade right before we started. If I don't cramp next game I'll call these salt pills a success! :) Thanks maldorf for the recommendation!

Hey man, glad to hear you found a solution that works!!!

Been a LONG time since I've had to run around for anything, but just a cramp when walking is bad enough! lol

So.. had my game on Friday. We were down a player (left early with injury) so obviously no subs. No cramps after playing for an hour and 20 minutes. In the last 2 months I've only had one other time where I didn't cramp.

I took 1 pill 2 hours before, another an hour before, and broke one apart and drank with Gatorade right before we started. If I don't cramp next game I'll call these salt pills a success! :) Thanks maldorf for the recommendation!

Hey man, glad to hear you found a solution that works!!!

Been a LONG time since I've had to run around for anything, but just a cramp when walking is bad enough! lol

I'm ok walking/jogging but the sprinting is what gets me.

Great

Im glad that things worked out for that game. Keep track of your dose and hopefully that will work again and again. If you do get cramps maybe they wont be as bad and then increasing the dose might be enough to stave it off. Hopefully those tablets do the job then!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear