YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calf injection - crippling PIP over a week later ?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Over a week ago I injected into my calf. It is not infected, as there is no redness or heat, but it is still incredibly sore and impacts my ability to stand up and walk (after I take a few steps it sort of goes away but I am up on my toes and limping when I first stand up). The PIP has gone down slightly, but not really significantly. I wouldn't be bothered by this as I get PIP often and I never inject calves so it was to be expected. But the fact it has lasted this long is somewhat concerning. Also, there does appear to be some swelling down by the foot on the one calf that was injected. Again, the calf itself is not really red or hot or swollen so I don't have any reason to believe it is infected.

^^^lol ..seen this happen a bunch over the years
..it'll be one of your funny AAS stories soon enough

good news: nothin's wrong with you

when/if you shoot the calves (..which IMO, nobody in their right mind does)
..gotta start with like a 1/4cc ..sometimes even less
..best done after you stretch'em & before you work'em

..now it's just gonna take time ..what you can do is stretch, massage & heating pad

I made that mistake many years ago and never did it again. And it was the old IP Gear which felt like pure alcohol for those that remember it. Crippled my calf for quite awhile. Swore off the calves as a site forever after that.

i Have tapped Into my calves for years frequently And I have never had a problem with them. Same as traps. Heard people talk about how bad they are too but one of my favorite spots. Try 1/2 slin pins. Just don’t flex while injecting lol

Why did you inject there?

If the swelling doesn't go down. Go to the doc and get some antibiotics. Say you got a bad splinter or something while working. About 10 years ago I've had my quad get insane pip for 2 weeks and it just didn't go, swelling was not crazy but all my symptoms went away after starting the antibiotics. It cleared in less than 3 days of starting them.

How much did you inject there and what?

I used to love doing calves but max 1.5cc.

I once did 3 cc’s and couldn’t walk for days. I just avoid them now all together. Not worth it for me. Much better spots.

try stretching it like someone else said or working them out.

I tried calves once when I started. Never again. Like you said, no sign of infection but could barely walk. Delts, lats, biceps for me.

Over a week ago I injected into my calf. It is not infected, as there is no redness or heat, but it is still incredibly sore and impacts my ability to stand up and walk (after I take a few steps it sort of goes away but I am up on my toes and limping when I first stand up). The PIP has gone down slightly, but not really significantly. I wouldn't be bothered by this as I get PIP often and I never inject calves so it was to be expected. But the fact it has lasted this long is somewhat concerning. Also, there does appear to be some swelling down by the foot on the one calf that was injected. Again, the calf itself is not really red or hot or swollen so I don't have any reason to believe it is infected.
This isn't a calf injection story but, The first time I injected my quads for whatever reason I did my left and right within the same day or two. Went to Vegas the next day.... ruined my whole Vegas trip... I was walking like Frankenstein, my legs were basically locked up.

I've never done a calf shot for this reason. But quad shots have become one of my favorites.

Whenever I inject a new spot the Virgin spot seems to hurt more. Lol

What’s a good location in the bicep and what size pin? 5/8 25 g?
1-in inward of the main vein in the middle of the bicep to the left if I'm right bicep middle of peak

Actually I'm looking at it it could be a couple inches your mileage may vary... Lol

I haven't done a shot yet today. I did biceps yesterday (so this is my preferred time to shoot there so it doesn't interfere with the workout) so I'll do it and send you a PM

Damn I haven't done the biceps in a while... It really gives you a good pump... I might be doing this more often depending how I feel tomorrow, hopefully my arms don't lock up. Lol

Been there done that, but I actually did both calves the same night, big mistake. It was longer than a week until I could walk normal. You will be fine, lesson learned, never do it again. The pain was so bad it took me 5 minutes to get to walking after I woke up.

I did 0.3 CC into my calf with an insulin syringe once and PIP was not that bad, maybe 1 day or 2 days of mild soreness. But the area was red for 3-4 days which was a first. The redness went away on day 4 or 5. Please note this was only with 0.3 cc .... If i did 1 cc im sure i wouldnt be able to walk for a week as well seeing how .3 cc gave me mild soreness.

These days I just use my calves for my pharma hgh injections. These are painfree. So the calves are not completely useless for IM in my book, can still use them for hgh injections without any trouble.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear