over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calf question

Blade15

Newbies
I have a problem with my calves. they arent contacting as much i want them to. When i am at calf raises (standing or seated) i cant feel much contraction in my gastroc. all i feel is intense contraction in my soleus. Is this becuase of stiffness in muscle?? i used to be a taekwondo player and later football player. I used to run a lot and jump rope a hell lottt.. may be thats the reason?? can anyone here help me ?? please guys..i need your expert opinions..

I have a problem with my calves. they arent contacting as much i want them to. When i am at calf raises (standing or seated) i cant feel much contraction in my gastroc. all i feel is intense contraction in my soleus. Is this becuase of stiffness in muscle?? i used to be a taekwondo player and later football player. I used to run a lot and jump rope a hell lottt.. may be thats the reason?? can anyone here help me ?? please guys..i need your expert opinions..

What do u do for calves? How do u position your feet? Do you do raises from the floor or do you try to create stretch?

this is whats helped me as my calves were sucking and I've def put on atleast an inch and a half in the past 4-5 months doing this... I had the same problem.. use to be able to skip rope for 12 rounds and always was a good sprinter/jumper...

-hit calves 3x per week
-do calves FIRST before other exercises so u have the most strength
-keep ankles and knees the same distance as each other up and down and don't let you foot/ankle roll off to the side as it goes up.. pretend you have a tennis ball in-between your ankles.
-stop at the bottom a half inch above the floor for a second or two so there is no elasticity assistance from the achillies
-i do 3 exercises for calves... a straight leg(i like leg press), and a bent leg (i like to move a bench over to a smith machine and with a pad on the bar put in on my knees and do seated like that from the floor
-3-4 Heavy sets at 10-12 reps controlled on first exercise
-3-4 heavy sets on 2nd exercise
- 1-2 hi rep sets either bodyweight or lightweight for 50-100 rest pausing minimal break...
- STRETCH the living shit out of them when your done

I don't care if they are sore a few days later, hit them things 3x a week... this really worked for me and I've been complaining about calves for years... a lot of people i train with and that see me told me they came up a lot and are looking much better..

Last edited:
What do u do for calves? How do u position your feet? Do you do raises from the floor or do you try to create stretch?

this is whats helped me as my calves were sucking and I've def put on atleast an inch and a half in the past 4-5 months doing this... I had the same problem.. use to be able to skip rope for 12 rounds and always was a good sprinter/jumper...

-hit calves 3x per week
-keep ankles and knees the same distance as each other up and down and don't let you foot/ankle roll off to the side as it goes up.. pretend you have a tennis ball in-between your ankles.
-stop at the bottom a half inch above the floor for a second or two so there is no elasticity assistance from the achillies
-i do 3 exercises for calves... a straight leg(i like leg press), and a bent leg (i like to move a bench over to a smith machine and with a pad on the bar put in on my knees and do seated like that from the floor
- 1-2 hi rep sets either bodyweight or lightweight for 50-100 rest pausing minimal break...

I don't care if they are sore a few days later, hit them things 3x a week... this really worked for me and I've been complaining about calves for years... a lot of people i train with and that see me told me they came up a lot and are looking much better..

no wonder you gained inch and a half lol

i agree with everything :yeahthat: especially stretching

if you did taekwondo u should have some good stretches but basically grab your foot and pull it toward you and away from you... i would stretch it out 4 or 5 times a day, as much as you can. the more you stretch it out the more range of motion you will have and the better you will be able activate all parts of the calf

Work on flexing,,stretching and posing with your calves. Be sure you don't go to heavy when you train that you cant get a full contraction.

-hit calves 3x per week

I second this!

Plus when doing high rep body weight use the negative.
Raise to your toes with both feet and lower on one foot doing a 4 second negative.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have trained many people and calves have always been a problem for everyone I train. I found that calves can respond well to everything thrown at them..so you have to switch your exercises to off the wall routines that break the
Out of their comfort zone

Nope. It’s because of physics.

I remember seeing an old guy on a bike cycling along with H-U-G-E calves.
Could be genetics oc course but i like cycling around town on my bike.
I think foot position on calf raises doesn't make much difference but I do feel a better contraction bare foot.
Reps are more important too for me at least 15-20 with a moderate weight.
It's a bit like barbell shrugs you see people using ridiculous weights & it ends up a short jerking twitching movement.
Full movement until near failure then do some burns with partial reps especially on standing raises.
I still use one legged dumbbell calf raises..more concentration

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner