advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calling all Ectos - How many carbs do you cut on?

1ntense

Registered
Just want to get a general idea, as the title suggests really.

How many carbs to you typically cut on ectomorphs?

I was naturally lean and skinny
My cut diet I have about 8 oz of rice or sweet pot. With 5 of my 6 meals per day, I am about 280 now though
High/ mod. Carb high protein low fat works best for me

carbs dont matter, calories do

that being said, i think most real ectoish guys do better on high carb low fat vs low carb high fat diets on a cut.

carbs dont matter, calories do

that being said, i think most real ectoish guys do better on high carb low fat vs low carb high fat diets on a cut.
Really, carbs dont matter? So when I do a contest and eat 6k calories, of mostly chicken and fiber, its the same thing as eating 6k calories of icecream?

Really, carbs dont matter? So when I do a contest and eat 6k calories, of mostly chicken and fiber, its the same thing as eating 6k calories of icecream?

Wouldn't that be awesome though??😄
Ben and Jerry's all day baby

jizzmo is a chill bro

I got no idea what's gotten into him lately..

OP, im pretty sure Shelby wrote some articles about this exact topic that can be found on testosterone nation. I'd look over there...some really good stuff

i doubt anyone preps for a contest on 6.000 calories to begin with, so the end result would be the same: a fat guy.

come on, dont miss my point on purpose ...
all im saying is it doesnt SIGNIFICANTLY matter if you cut on 300g carbs or the same amount of calories from fat...

i doubt anyone preps for a contest on 6.000 calories to begin with, so the end result would be the same: a fat guy.

all im saying is it doesnt SIGNIFICANTLY matter if you cut on 300g carbs or the same amount of calories from fat...

While I get the point you are trying to make the fact is its 100% wrong. In ketosis your cut will significantly more effective. So calories in vs calories out and ignoring the body's response to insulin or what metabolic state your body will be in and what fuel its using as it's main source of energy is the flaw here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

While I get the point you are trying to make the fact is its 100% wrong. In ketosis your cut will significantly more effective. So calories in vs calories out and ignoring the body's response to insulin or what metabolic state your body will be in and what fuel its using as it's main source of energy is the flaw here.

what you point out as a "fact" has never been proven. so its not a fact, its an opinion.

there are a couple studies showing that ketosis has a slight advantage over carb diets when it comes to fat loss, however there are numerous studies proving the opposite aswell.

being an enhanced athlete, my opinion is that the more AAS, GH, t3 etc you use, the more effective a carb based diet becomes vs a ketogenic diet.

tren, t3 and gh for example all significantly alter the way your body deals with carbs: de novo lipogenesis is inhibited, glycogen retention is massively increased etc.
this does not apply to dietary fat though.

so imo the more youre on (and were ALL on something), the more effective carbs are vs dietary fats

FOR ME PERSONALLY a high carb diet works better than a ketogenic diet. of course everyone is different.

500 with 1000 once a week. These days i only cut about 2 weeks max hear and there as I just stay lean so will drop to about 400 with a big cheat day in the middle. My body burns through carbs stupid fast

what you point out as a "fact" has never been proven. so its not a fact, its an opinion.

there are a couple studies showing that ketosis has a slight advantage over carb diets when it comes to fat loss, however there are numerous studies proving the opposite aswell.

being an enhanced athlete, my opinion is that the more AAS, GH, t3 etc you use, the more effective a carb based diet becomes vs a ketogenic diet.

tren, t3 and gh for example all significantly alter the way your body deals with carbs: de novo lipogenesis is inhibited, glycogen retention is massively increased etc.
this does not apply to dietary fat though.

so imo the more youre on (and were ALL on something), the more effective carbs are vs dietary fats

FOR ME PERSONALLY a high carb diet works better than a ketogenic diet. of course everyone is different.

i agree. of course, that's my opinion.
hell, when i increased carbs my cardio workouts were much more intense and to this day its why i think i leaned out so fast, the higher resultant metabolic rate thruout the day plus the higher calorie burn during.
and if calories dont matter, then you can just eat exactly the same goddam amount of calories when ur "cutting," right? just replace the carbs with fat. viola! no need to reduce calories at all!

Everyone is different but i cut on abut 200 ed

Generally between 75-100 per day.

Makes a HUGE difference to me.

I'm actually the opposite and will lean out way faster on carbs.

* edit I shouldn't say that, i will lose fat on zero carbs too but not look as good. My issue is when i combine carbs and fats even if caloric total is equal

Last edited:
I eat around 6 meals a day and have 2-3 shakes. in each solid meal I will have 30-40gm carbs so... 180-240gm carbs daily. that's if I am getting serious and really wanna lean up.
F2S

I start at 250 ed and gradually cut them back; ending up around 100ed.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws