over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calorie Intake

Deepsea

Registered
I was just curious about how many calories I should be consuming daily to put on mass. I feel like I have leveled off at 210lbs and cannot get above it. I eat regularly and take Mass XXX twice daily at over 1000 calories per serving. I figure with my drinks and my food I probably consume close to 4000calories a day, maybe a little bit more. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks guys.

Hey, could you post your daily diet with times and quantity?

It might be a pain in the ass, but it might shed some light!

you could adjust the macro breakdown of you calories your having now, i.e raise protien, reduce carbs. Raising calories for the sake of it will add mass but not necesarily muscle. If I where you I would exchange the mass shakes for whole clean food with a isolate shake. As alot of the 1000kcals in those are fillers, maltodextrin and other sugars etc. So in reality you could reduce calories and gain muscle.

Edit: also I remember that you posted your training as well as you diet on another thread and are very close, if not overtraining, this will also be a problem when trying to gain. If you could repost them from that thread on this one and the more advanced member can chine in and give you advice.

Last edited:
Braven is correct. You could consume 6000 cals a day and you will gain weight. What are the composition of those cals. How much of those cals come from proteins? How many cals from fat....etc? Break it down for us. But in simple terms you will need a minimum of 300gms protein per day, that is a minimum.

I was thinking that if he is training for football, that it is a lot of intense training that will need a bunch of extra calories!

My Current Diet

-My diet consists of a myoplex shake at around 7 with a bananna and some sort of other fruit (peaches, strawberries, yogurt, etc.) I usually eat cereal or something like a bagel with it and a yogurt. I eat lunch around 11 which usually consists of a hearty sandwhich (usually turkey) and a piece of fruit. I then workout and consume a protein shake afterwards (Mass XXX) around 130pm which consists of over 1000 calories and 50 grams of protein. I eat another snack like ramen or leftovers from the night before around 4pm (spagetti, enchiladas, chicken) and then eat a good dinner each night. My dinner consists of chicken, beef, or pork with potatoes, noodles, or rice and a vegitable like brocolli, salad, greenbeans, etc. (Some nights I take another myoplex before I go to bed.)

I really don't have a consistant diet because I really don't know how to eat properly. I was never really taught what to eat so I've always just kind of winged it. Any advice is helpful. Thanks again.

-My diet consists of a myoplex shake at around 7 with a bananna and some sort of other fruit (peaches, strawberries, yogurt, etc.) I usually eat cereal or something like a bagel with it and a yogurt. I eat lunch around 11 which usually consists of a hearty sandwhich (usually turkey) and a piece of fruit. I then workout and consume a protein shake afterwards (Mass XXX) around 130pm which consists of over 1000 calories and 50 grams of protein. I eat another snack like ramen or leftovers from the night before around 4pm (spagetti, enchiladas, chicken) and then eat a good dinner each night. My dinner consists of chicken, beef, or pork with potatoes, noodles, or rice and a vegitable like brocolli, salad, greenbeans, etc. (Some nights I take another myoplex before I go to bed.)

I really don't have a consistant diet because I really don't know how to eat properly. I was never really taught what to eat so I've always just kind of winged it. Any advice is helpful. Thanks again.

i got one for ya. heres my sample diet 4 u. first you will have 5 high calorie days and 2 lower calorie days.... the shakes you can keep in the diet, hopefully it will work if not switch it up a little. approx total calories 5000. then on your low calorie days eat basically what ever those can be your cheat days.eat clean. but the reason for the low calorie days is to let your body switch it up a little and loose the body fat and gain the muscle. here it goes

ex 8am

8 egg whites
4 whole grain pieces of toast
1 bagel or 2 pancakes
2-3 apples
massbuilding shake

11am

massbuilding shake
2 slices whole -grain bread

2pm

grapefruit/melon
2-3 apples
3c whole wheat pasta/spaghetti
2oz kidney beans or other bean mix
3 chix breast

5pm

massbuilding shake
2oz of baked beans or other bean mix

8pm

6-8 hardboiled eggs
1sm veggy salad
3sli whole grain bread

suppl. fishoil, use veg oil on salad.

approx 4800-5000 calories. pretty clean and healthy. really filling. get a george forman grill. easy clean up no mess lol

Thanks bro. I'll give it a shot. It seems like a ton of food to me because I don't normally eat that much but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Besides the 3 pieces of chicken do you eat meat at the dinner meal or just eat the eggs and get your protein that way. I love meat in my diet. I'm a carnivore...

Thanks bro. I'll give it a shot. It seems like a ton of food to me because I don't normally eat that much but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Besides the 3 pieces of chicken do you eat meat at the dinner meal or just eat the eggs and get your protein that way. I love meat in my diet. I'm a carnivore...

it is alot of food. thats because its primarily clean foods. u can substitute the eggs for chix if u want. or 4.5 oz of steak.... theres about 4g protein in each egg white. so thats enough for one meal especially if u have a shake w/ it. your shake should have about 40-50g protein in it also. like i said its just an example. you can add stuff or switch it up. w/e u want substitute eggs for steak or chix up 2 u

Thanks again. When you refer to a mass building shake are you refering to one like the one I have listed (mass xxx) or something else with fewer calories? It has around 1000 calories and 50g of protein.

Thanks again. When you refer to a mass building shake are you refering to one like the one I have listed (mass xxx) or something else with fewer calories? It has around 1000 calories and 50g of protein.

Yeah anything u want pretty much. i take truemass. but im sure there is better stuff out there. if ur shake has 1000 calories thats a shit load. mine is about 600sumthin. and its not too filling so i can eat more. if i could eat more food i would. but then agian its a money thing for me. food is expensive.

I ate what you had suggested for the first time today. It wasn't too bad, I just felt like I was constantly eating. I don't think I've ever eaten that many eggs in a day. lol I feel sorry for my girl, she's got to sleep next to me. Thanks for the advice though, I did feel like I had more energy today eating solid foods instead of just the meal replacements.

nice. yeah i feel bad for my girl when i eat the beans...lol....but what can u do right. no prob and good luck

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws