over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calves, calves and more calves.

Scorpio

Newbies
I just came over from another board. I've been dropping in from time to time to see what's going on and I finally decided to register. Much more knowledgable people over here. With that said, I have a training question.
I've tried everything to get my lower legs to grow. I know calves are one of the most stubborn body parts to develop because your using them every day. So with this in mind I've decided to try hitting them every day. Right now my routine looks like this:
Calf extensions on the leg press machine, max 450 pounds
Donkey calf raises, max @ 300 pounds
Standing calf raises, max @ 300 pounds
Seated calf raises, max @ 145 pounds
3 sets each of 12-20 reps or until failure.
I know every day may seem overkill but I am mid cycle on Tren, test E, test Prop., Deca, 6iu's gh and slin. So far I haven't had any problem with recovery. I don't see how they couldn't grow with a regimine like this. Any opinions? More weight less reps? More weight more reps?

I agree with your thinking completely, although I do more sets with less reps. I came from a running/cycling background - and nothing would make my calves grow. I finally settled on seated calf raise alternated with standing calf raise on the smith machine. I backed off whenever soreness was very bad - didn't have the type of cycle you are running! Calves recover very quickly; I started the next set as soon as I racked the plates. I have worked up to a 600+ lb standing calf raise with these methods - and I'm old and weigh only 220lbs. I don't work them everyday now that I have enough size; four days a week seems to be sufficient.

I know every day may seem overkill but I am mid cycle on Tren, test E, test Prop., Deca, 6iu's gh and slin. So far I haven't had any problem with recovery. I don't see how they couldn't grow with a regimine like this. Any opinions? More weight less reps? More weight more reps?

Bro first off, I would definatley reconsider running both Tren and Deca at the same time. Both deca and tren are 19-nor compounds and can increase your prolacing levels...which can be pretty bad.

Second. Calves no matter how resistant to growth they might be, are still skeletal muscle. Skeletal muscle in the calves has the same chemical makeup as the mucle in your bis, chest, lats....I am a firm believer that when your on cycle you can train certain muscle groups more then if you are not on cycle. However, it is still possible to OVERTRAIN while on cycle. Just be careful bro. We all have those stubborn body parts that dont respond to hardcore training.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws