calves every day or every other day

pimpman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Sponsors
any of you bros do calve every day or every other day.i just started to do them EOD as well as forarms.makes my work outs longer but well worth the time IMO

Good

I do mine every training session. Thats just me.

Once per week. I think people over-do-it with EOD on calves. And I dont have time for forarms.

you can over work them just like any other muscle. I do mine 2 times a week max.

Forearms hardly ever...I never had to really.

For me it is working well once a week. And they are growing. I hit them with high high wheights low reps to failure. But there are many people that geneticaly cannot develop big calves. It is where Syntherol comes in action.

Twice a week. I see a HUGE difference from adding rest pauses and then doing some VERY heavy weighted stretching for 30-45 seconds after my final set. By stretching I mean load up on the standing machine or calf press and just stand there with the weight at the maximum stretch position for 30-45 seconds. Excruciating but effective.

I work mine every day. I get out of bed, walk down the stairs, walk back up the stairs, etc.LOL Luckily, I've never trained my claves and they are my best bodypart. :D

Strunk said:
I work mine every day. I get out of bed, walk down the stairs, walk back up the stairs, etc.LOL Luckily, I've never trained my claves and they are my best bodypart. :D
Lucky

2 x week

don't overdo it with calves

Smilodon said:
I agree, calves are really were your genetics show. mine suck :mad:

Not necessarily true. Just means you have low insertions and have the ability/room to build much more muscle.

My calves are one of my better bodyparts, and I train mine 3x per week. I used to do just 2x per week but when I stepped it up I saw instant growth. I approach my calf training like Lou Ferrigno used to. Back in the 80s I read an article about his training and he said he trained just one movement per workout and did calves several times a week. On one day I will do 4 sets of seated calf, on the second day its 4 sets of standing calf, and the last day its 4 sets of calf presses on the leg press machine( knees bent like youre doing a donkey calf raise. This works well for me.

Once a week to twice a week at most. Remember your constantly walking on your feet so your calves work all day. Give them the break they need by hitting them once to twice a week at max.

pimpman said:
any of you bros do calve every day or every other day.i just started to do them EOD as well as forarms.makes my work outs longer but well worth the time IMO

do you train your chest every day? or back or arms? so why would you do you're calves and forearms like that? they are a muscle like anything else, so train them that way.

here is a tip[ for getting your calves to grow,

deep tissue massage! have it done on the calves 2x a week for a month, you can train your calves regularly like you do.. I will gaurentee it will work... you need to make sure you have a therapist doing it that knows what their doing.(experience with bodybuilders and larger induvidulas and athletes)...

it is the same principle as the syntherol fascia streching, except it hurts a lot more... if you are not biting a wrag and tearing up in the eyes it is not being done correctly, yes it is painfull! the calves have some of the hardest fascia in the body and it needs to be broken up in order to grow...

also working the calves more than 2x a week is not a good idea imo, if your able to do calve workouts eod or ed you are training them like a little bitch and need to put some more intensity in your training! quality not quanity!

km2000 said:
also working the calves more than 2x a week is not a good idea imo, if your able to do calve workouts eod or ed you are training them like a little bitch and need to put some more intensity in your training! quality not quanity!

My calves grow like crazy doing them 3x per week, much better than 2x. I do only 12 sets per week total though. To me its a matter of hitting them often and intensely, with just 4 sets each session. They seem to recover fast this way, and grow in strength much faster.

two or three times a week... depends on how they feel... same thing with abs

my old program i would do forearms at the end of my arm day. abs and calves at the start of every workout.... if my abs or calves felt tired, i'd do forearms again

my calves didnt get much out of 1x/week

Larry Bowie said:
two or three times a week... depends on how they feel... same thing with abs

my old program i would do forearms at the end of my arm day. abs and calves at the start of every workout.... if my abs or calves felt tired, i'd do forearms again

my calves didnt get much out of 1x/week
How big are your calves?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member