advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can A Simple Injection Melt Off Body Fat?

intensed

Registered
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Regardless of how much you diet and exercise, fat can be stubborn — especially when it comes to certain areas like love handles and back fat.

Now, as CBS2’s Dr. Max Gomez explained Monday night, a new injection is believed to simply melt the fat.

“I had a muffin top. It went over my pants,” Anna Yarow explained.

Yarow said she was afraid of liposuction, but not needles.

That’s why she agreed to take part in a clinical trial testing a new injection that can break up pockets of fat using a naturally occurring enzyme called collagenase.

“It’s found all over the human body, we’re just putting a little bit extra in a certain spot to get rid of the fat,” Dr. Zachary Gerut said.

Until now, cosmetic surgery has been the only real option for removing excess fat from under the skin, but just a week after getting the injections Yarow said her muffin top was gone.

Researchers have found collagenase works by dissolving the connections between fat cells which breaks them up.

Dr. Gerut, a Long Island plastic surgeon, is conducting a clinical trial.

“The body seems to clean (fat) up,” he said.

It’s actually absorbed and broken down by the body.

The research by Dr. Gerut and an investigator at Vanderbilt University will lead to a phase three clinical trial that the Food and Drug Administration will use to consider approving collagenase for the treatment of benign fatty tumors known as lipomas.

“There’s an indefinite number of people who have a tremendous number of lipomas — dozens and dozens all over their body,” he said.

Arthur Auster said he has as many as 34 lipomas, many of which he’s had to have surgically removed.

Auster and other trial patients like Ronald Chamberlain — who has also had dozens of lipomas removed surgically — said they’re amazed at how quickly collagenase works, with no down time.

“Hands down, the injection is the way to go,” Chamberlain said.

Now, Dr. Gerut is turning his attention to fatty trouble zones like the stomach and the thighs with the help of patients like Lizabeth Wisniewski.

“No matter how much I worked out or diet, there’s just a little bit of deposit that wouldn’t go away,” she said.

He wants to see if collagenase works to melt body fat the same way it does lipomas.

“If you can melt fat in a little capsule, meaning lipomas, you can pretty much melt fat anywhere in the body,” he said.

Collagenase is already FDA approved to treat a condition called Dupuytren’s contracture, where tissue in the palm of the hand hardens and contracts.

The enzyme could be used off-label to melt fat, but ti would be very expensive.

Let's see which research site is the first to get the formula!!!

I expect to see a bunch of fat women with small waists, and triple chins walking around.

If it works

If this really works the next peptide company to offer, will retire in short order

maybe they can inject Hillary's ankles.

Here's another one from March 2015:

Naveen Cavale, consultant plastic surgeon at Kings College Hospital and spokesperson for the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS), stresses ‘the big unknown’ ...‘If fat cells are broken down to leave the body via urine, as is claimed, they would have to go via the bloodstream and kidneys. And if they’re broken down into sugars or salts, this could potentially disrupt normal levels,’ he says.

‘It’s dangerous to reabsorb fatty acids into your bloodstream. If it’s dissolved down into salt, it would send your cholesterol levels sky high. If it’s broken down into sugars, then you are sending your glucose levels soaring and that can lead to diabetes.’

Can a simple jab really melt away fat? Doctors are raising concerns | Daily Mail Online

Naveen Cavale stresses ‘the big unknown’ ...‘If fat cells are broken down to leave the body via urine, as is claimed, they would have to go via the bloodstream and kidneys. And if they’re broken down into sugars or salts, this could potentially disrupt normal levels,’ he says.

^

Above is the reason why I can see it working on people already in a calorie deficit and whose body is actually used to burn fat for energy... BBer's on contest diets being the perfect example. :)

But for your average Joe eating anything in site, breaking down fat cells only to have them reabsorbed and going through the process of digestion again, it will just mean a surplus a calories... if not burned via exercise or diet, they're gonna get stocked in adipocytes again. :eek:

Nontheless, that collagenase enzyme sounds very promising... for people like us. :p

And btw lol @ "her muffin top"... :rolleyes:

There's also this stuff that they call Kybella, which is Deoxycholic Acid that's FDA approved to shoot into the chin\neck area.

Pretty much does the same thing, melts the fat and then the body absorbs it. I think it may have been the same stuff they used in some of those LipoDissolve treatments that spas used to do.

If you dig around for reviews on RealSelf results seem mainly favorable, as do the before\afters. Looks like one of those things that takes months to actually work though.

There's also this stuff that they call Kybella, which is Deoxycholic Acid that's FDA approved to shoot into the chin\neck area.

Pretty much does the same thing, melts the fat and then the body absorbs it. I think it may have been the same stuff they used in some of those LipoDissolve treatments that spas used to do.

If you dig around for reviews on RealSelf results seem mainly favorable, as do the before\afters. Looks like one of those things that takes months to actually work though.

That stuff works, a few secretaries at work got it done on there double chins and two on there arms. They do not diet or exercise lol, I see eat frozen tv dinner meals 2x a day at work, always candy close by, pizza, etc. They are pretty freakin heavy and kybella made there double chins and triceps drastically smaller. It wasn't immediate though, they swelled post procedure looking worse and over 3 months it all tightened. Bodies are still massive though lol

That stuff works, a few secretaries at work got it done on there double chins and two on there arms. They do not diet or exercise lol, I see eat frozen tv dinner meals 2x a day at work, always candy close by, pizza, etc. They are pretty freakin heavy and kybella made there double chins and triceps drastically smaller. It wasn't immediate though, they swelled post procedure looking worse and over 3 months it all tightened. Bodies are still massive though lol
How does this procedure differ from using lipostabil in micro injections all over? I should just bite the bullet and do this on my lower back lol

not exactly completely related to what you guys are discussing, but former member here adonis89 talked about getting smart lipo done after dieting down to precontest shape and having them remove a lot of the adipocytes from his "problem-areas" (lower back, lower abdominals). he said that after having this done, when he gets bigger in the offseason, he stays noticeably leaner in those areas now.

anyways, I always found that to be interesting.

Could anything discussed in this thread be injected into the chest areas to remove fat and address soft gyno?

not exactly completely related to what you guys are discussing, but former member here adonis89 talked about getting smart lipo done after dieting down to precontest shape and having them remove a lot of the adipocytes from his "problem-areas" (lower back, lower abdominals). he said that after having this done, when he gets bigger in the offseason, he stays noticeably leaner in those areas now.

anyways, I always found that to be interesting.

Smart lipo is great. A few of my clients did it. My doctor who does gyno removal also does Smart Lipo he does a lot of NPC guys and pro bodybuilders. But it's for guys and girls who are already in rather good shape.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone ever use helios with good results?

Anyone ever use helios with good results?

I have never tried it, but from what I've read, clen doesn't offer "spot reduction" qualities. I think a few guys here have run logs trying as much. They had decent overall fat loss.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131