advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can EAA/BCAA be taken at the same time as Glutamine?

SynthetekUK

Registered
I have used Ajinomoto EAA and BCAA for several years and now I decided to use Ajinomoto Glutamine again to try and help me with my progress.

In the past I have read it's best to use Glutamine by itself as the proteins in it compete for absorption with anything else your digesting at the same time. However, I can't find anything on the web about this so wondered if anyone could provide a scentific explanation as to whether this is a problem or not.

What I don't want to do is waste my high cost ajinomoto essential or branched chain amino's at the expense of absorbing glutamine which costs much less.

I currently follow the protocol below:
- 10g EAA open waking
- 10g Glutamine 30 minutes after with a mix of brown rice and pea protein and instant oats with rice milk
- 10g EAA 2 hours before lunch
- 10g Glutamine 60 minutes before training
- 10g EAA 30 minutes before training
- 20g BCAA consumed before, during and after training
- 10g EAA after training with 40g dextrose
- 10g Gluatmine 30-60 minutes after training with evening meal
- 10g Glutamine 60 minutes before bed
- 10g EAA just before going to bed

I also take the EAA and BCAA 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal to ensure no competition with other amino acids for absorption.

I believe I am playing it very safe at the moment but maybe too safe and I am having a lot of drinks which ideally I would like to reduce. I also know I am taking a lot of these supplements but cost is not really a driver so I'd rather too many than not enough.

Please let me know your throughts on combining Glutamine with BCAA/EAA and whether this will cause any of the EAA/BCAA to be lost because of competition for absorpton.

Bcaa are in EAA do combining them is fine. Glutamine as well. What I would do bro is sip on one bcaa,EAA, glutamine drink while you train and while you do cardio. The rest is overkill. Just make sure you get a good meal in post training or pwo drink etc..

Bcaa are in EAA do combining them is fine. Glutamine as well. What I would do bro is sip on one bcaa,EAA, glutamine drink while you train and while you do cardio. The rest is overkill. Just make sure you get a good meal in post training or pwo drink etc..

Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is what I do, mixed with TP's Karboload. I like it...seem to recover much faster post workouts.

i take ten grams of glutamine with my first meal in the morning and my whole foods meal an hour after my post workout shake is consumed. I dont like to mix with my bcaa or other aminos either.

my sched is something like this

6am- 10g amino and karbolyn

9am- food and glutamine

then

pre workout aminos and karbolyn

workout

post workout aminos and karbolyn

meal 1 hour later with glutamine

No offense to you Sir.

But that's a lot of usage of Aminos! I honestly don't find it any beneficial at all to use it that much I have friends who preach by 50-100g of BCAA a day. When you are eating 10 oz of Protein from whole-food sources every 3 hours for 5-6 large meals a day I think you're getting more than sufficient amounts of Aminos regardless. The more isn't better. I think it's just a waste of money you are dumping in honestly. If anything I would rarely take a Protein powder just post-workout 3 times a week that already has added glutamine, aminos in it. So it's a Protein blend type.

Just my 0.02

I have used Ajinomoto EAA and BCAA for several years and now I decided to use Ajinomoto Glutamine again to try and help me with my progress.

In the past I have read it's best to use Glutamine by itself as the proteins in it compete for absorption with anything else your digesting at the same time. However, I can't find anything on the web about this so wondered if anyone could provide a scentific explanation as to whether this is a problem or not.

What I don't want to do is waste my high cost ajinomoto essential or branched chain amino's at the expense of absorbing glutamine which costs much less.

I currently follow the protocol below:
- 10g EAA open waking
- 10g Glutamine 30 minutes after with a mix of brown rice and pea protein and instant oats with rice milk
- 10g EAA 2 hours before lunch
- 10g Glutamine 60 minutes before training
- 10g EAA 30 minutes before training
- 20g BCAA consumed before, during and after training
- 10g EAA after training with 40g dextrose
- 10g Gluatmine 30-60 minutes after training with evening meal
- 10g Glutamine 60 minutes before bed
- 10g EAA just before going to bed

I also take the EAA and BCAA 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal to ensure no competition with other amino acids for absorption.

I believe I am playing it very safe at the moment but maybe too safe and I am having a lot of drinks which ideally I would like to reduce. I also know I am taking a lot of these supplements but cost is not really a driver so I'd rather too many than not enough.

Please let me know your throughts on combining Glutamine with BCAA/EAA and whether this will cause any of the EAA/BCAA to be lost because of competition for absorpton.

No offense to you Sir.

But that's a lot of usage of Aminos! I honestly don't find it any beneficial at all to use it that much I have friends who preach by 50-100g of BCAA a day. When you are eating 10 oz of Protein from whole-food sources every 3 hours for 5-6 large meals a day I think you're getting more than sufficient amounts of Aminos regardless. The more isn't better. I think it's just a waste of money you are dumping in honestly. If anything I would rarely take a Protein powder just post-workout 3 times a week that already has added glutamine, aminos in it. So it's a Protein blend type.

Just my 0.02

Totally agree

Holy crap!

I actually really like this program man!

I cannot seem to find reasonably priced EAAs though (pill form).

Copy/pasted this man, thanks a ton for posting.

I do not see how the glutamine absorption could be minimized with such a small amount honestly... Say with a high calorie or heavy fat meal and I completely understand but with this protocol I don't see that happening man.

I don't think oral administration of glutamine isnt worth a damn.

Also, I would never take it with bcaa/eaa because glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body and will compete for uptake with bcaa and eaa.

i beleive wesley ( IA ) had great results with his clients following what you describe...ironaddicts.com has tons of info on what your askng about..

5grams glutamine, eaa,bcaa i beleive before meals allows one to eat lot less whole food protien and actually kick starts protein synthesis BEFORE the meal starts..

i dont recall it all accuratelly in my old age but check out the site or google Dr. serranos amiono acid studys...i beleive mountaindog and emeric are freinds with him, maybe they can chime in..

RIP WESLEY..

This is another farce that was brought on for some stupid reason. There is no evidence that there is any competition between glutamine and BCCA's . We all day are mixing amino acids and glutamine , also remember much of gluatmine is absorbed and used by our intestines. There are finally available peptide bound BCCA, glutamine. leucine, and although the cost is higher it is much more effective for getting these into the bloodstream where they can be used for growth and repair. I like using a cocktail of all these pre,intra and post workout, it allows a longer better workout and better recovery, which can help you build more muscle and strength. Is it going to put 10 lbs on you in a month as some selling this combo would say, I doubt it. but like most things the best things for long term effect are not over night sensations.

I take 16 IUs of Humalog before my workouts and like to sip on waxy maize while i train. What if i add in 10 grams of glutamine and 20 grams of BCAAs to my 70 grams of Waxy while i train? Would it help with the insulin and help transport the aminos to the muscles while i train?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws