over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can Hapkido hinder what I'm trying to achieve

RetiredArmy0513

Registered
I know this may be a dumb question but I guess not asking a question at all might be just as dumb. So everything is still in for me competing in November. I was thinking of enrolling in a hapkido class to go for a black belt. To any of your knowledge could this hinder my training in bodybuilding. Kind of wanting to use it for mental toughness and focus and a secondary form of cardio and training of my body. Is there any way in which this could be counterproductive to my goals in bodybuilding. I guess on paper it seems like a stupid question but if anyone has any input in all ears.
Thank you in advance
RA

I know this may be a dumb question but I guess not asking a question at all might be just as dumb. So everything is still in for me competing in November. I was thinking of enrolling in a hapkido class to go for a black belt. To any of your knowledge could this hinder my training in bodybuilding. Kind of wanting to use it for mental toughness and focus and a secondary form of cardio and training of my body. Is there any way in which this could be counterproductive to my goals in bodybuilding. I guess on paper it seems like a stupid question but if anyone has any input in all ears.

Thank you in advance

RA

Hello my brother. This type of training and discipline will not hinder your gains or progress in bodybuilding whatsoever. It will only help you in all aspects, due to the stretching, mental capacity, and cardiovascular endurance. I've never been really into hapikido but I've trained with a guy that was well versed in sensai karate. He always came in great shape, not as strong and tough as I but was more agile and quick. So if you can put it all together you would be a machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you in advance
RA

I sprained my ankle in judo which killed my leg training. Just don't get injured.

i would literally pick ANY other form of martial arts... if you like to learn to throw people on their heads or take them down, try judo or freestyle/greco wresting

Part of it's the price, my daughter takes tae Kwon do so if I were to go in the adult hapkido class I'd get a break on price for both of us. The other part is in the Army I am certified in level 2 combatives, which is basically ju jitsu.. a 40 hour crash course basically that taught mount, half mount, some defensive moves and submission moves... I thought it might be easier for me to grasp all the take down moves and all those crazy hand movements. Also having a hard time with this retirement life... I want to do 100 things right now to stay busy

Oh man, 40 hrs of "basically jiu jitsu" you must have it all down. I love when guys roll into the gym with that attitude.

I have a chunk missing from the top of my Bi from Krav maga but I wouldn't trade it back. Few hours of cardio a week I have to plan for nutritionally, few minor injuries but all in all worth it to me.

i would literally pick ANY other form of martial arts... if you like to learn to throw people on their heads or take them down, try judo or freestyle/greco wresting

whatever bro you ever heard of Master Stephen Sigal?

I do MA for cardiovascular, just keep in mind it's cardiovascular so excessive cardiovascular will hinder gains if diet is not adjusted. Alot of competitive jits guys I know simply can't eat enough. More of an FYI and something to take into consideration than anything.

Doing 40 hours of BJJ is like one dumbbell curl in a lifetime of trying to be A pro BB

Part of it's the price, my daughter takes tae Kwon do so if I were to go in the adult hapkido class I'd get a break on price for both of us. The other part is in the Army I am certified in level 2 combatives, which is basically ju jitsu.. a 40 hour crash course basically that taught mount, half mount, some defensive moves and submission moves... I thought it might be easier for me to grasp all the take down moves and all those crazy hand movements. Also having a hard time with this retirement life... I want to do 100 things right now to stay busy

Oh man, 40 hrs of "basically jiu jitsu" you must have it all down. I love when guys roll into the gym with that attitude.

Yes, that level 2, crash course will allow you to be a stand in for the beach scene of the original karate kid.

Stick with the grappling, id take the guy with six months vs one - two years of most any other single discipline fighting training.

You could be a great striker and catch me coming it, it could happen, but When, not If, but When I get a hold of you and drag you down, it's Over.

Very few people know how to fight, even less know how to fight on the ground.

What about bjj didn't you like, other than closeness and obviously getting trashed by EVERYONE, even girls?

It's an incredible and very humbling sport.

the martial art won't hinder your bodybuilding as long as you stay injury free , but your bodybuilding might hinder your martial art if you don't train for it accordingly.

Alot of bodybuilders are not as limber or athletic as alot of people in different martial arts , so make sure your stretching and cool downs are in line with your training on both sides.

I've never taken Hapkido but trained with some guys that have , it has its place and will certainly give you a tactical edge over anyone thats not trained in it of really good and defense. BJJ seems to be the "go to" fighting style because its a common misconception that all fights end up on the ground. Krav Maga is the most useful fighting style ive trained in , its very fast and very brutal , you destroy your opponent as fast as possible , no rules just rapid deployment of extreme violence. If you find your tangled up on the ground then you have been in the fight for to long and need to be either cutting your way free or ripping someone's eye out

Being that its 2017 and times are different, I'll stick to concealed carrying, too much risk in getting in fist fights and as I get older it almost seems childish.

Being that its 2017 and times are different, I'll stick to concealed carrying, too much risk in getting in fist fights and as I get older it almost seems childish.

So instead of fighting and being "childish" you will shoot them?

So instead of fighting and being "childish" you will shoot them?
I conceal carry for when needed,if a guy really wants to throw hands with me I don't need a gun for that...I'll get it over with and be done...I conceal carry for when deadly force from my firearm is the only option...

Omni-Labs SPONSORED ATHLETE©[email protected]®THE REAPER

When did I say I had it all down? Learn how to read asshole... I stated I completed a combatives course in the Army and said it was a crash course in basic moves... never said I mastered anything.. so go eat a dick.. and if you want to see how tough I am come to Chicago someday and fight me in a ring or the streets or wherever.

I conceal carry for when needed,if a guy really wants to throw hands with me I don't need a gun for that...I'll get it over with and be done...I conceal carry for when deadly force from my firearm is the only option...

I carry too... it's not about turning to my sig instead of throwing down it's because people around me even in the suburbs are getting carjacked, robbed, etc. so why bring a knife to a gunfight, fight fire with fire!

Yes, that level 2, crash course will allow you to be a stand in for the beach scene of the original karate kid.

Stick with the grappling, id take the guy with six months vs one - two years of most any other single discipline fighting training.

You could be a great striker and catch me coming it, it could happen, but When, not If, but When I get a hold of you and drag you down, it's Over.

Very few people know how to fight, even less know how to fight on the ground.

What about bjj didn't you like, other than closeness and obviously getting trashed by EVERYONE, even girls?

It's an incredible and very humbling sport.
I like it.. there's nothing close to me that has it... with all the running around I do there is no way I could drive an hour or 45 minutes to go to a bjj class. Was thinking about hapkido only because I'm there half the time with my kid and the cost is manageable due to having her in tae Kwon do already. The class I took on Iraq was fun.. but I know I still have a LOT to learn about it and despite what that douche said I never said in my post I mastered anything... dudes just trying to stir shit ups

reading comprehension seems to be a glaring weak point for alot of people on this forum lately , people read over a post and pop off with a "ready fire aim" mouth

I carry too... it's not about turning to my sig instead of throwing down it's because people around me even in the suburbs are getting carjacked, robbed, etc. so why bring a knife to a gunfight, fight fire with fire!
Oh I agree if I'm in a situation like that I'm firing my weapon for a kill shot no doubt... 1492553865194.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity