advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can HGH Reverse Brain Damage in Drug Addicts?

renewlyf

Featured member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Can HGH Reverse Brain Damage in Drug Addicts?: Scientific American

This was posted in another thread about opiate addtiction by sarajumbo00, thank you!

I thought it deserved more exposure and discussion.

I know by my interaction other members of this board that addiction and drug abuse is a stuggle for many here. I hope this helps someone :)

A great idea in a petri dish on rat tissue, but I think we'll find that neurogenesis or the lack thereof in live human patients is a little more complicated than that.

I do agree people who have abused drugs should be taking a few ius of GH daily, but I also think there are some other things to think about.

Neurogenesis in the hippocampus and the amygdala is largely regulated by BDNF and GDNF, long-story-short this is like igf-1 for nerve cells. Drugs like opiates put a stop to all that neurogenesis through a few pathways, but cortisol is a main offender here. The takeaway message wouldn't be to just turn off cortisol, but instead to use drugs that have been shown to reduce cortisol's effect on dampering GDNF and BDNF in those regions of the brain. Tianeptine is one such drug. Royal Jelly shows a lot of promise too.

The other thing to consider is that we need to rewire the brains pleasure centers again. They've gotten all fucked up from overuse. Unlike Androgen receptors, Dopamine receptors and Opiate receptors lose their density, so they run away and tuck up to keep from getting overstimulated. When the user stops using the drugs, those pleasure buttons never get fully restored.

There are some interesting things going on right now in that field of research and I hope that GH can help accelerate their efforts to get people's brains back together.

For those interested, there is a lot of cool things happening with Ibogaine and a lesser known option, Salvia Divinorum, which agonizes the Dynorphin receptors of the opiate system, which essentially restores dopamine density in the brain. There are some people who have been using it for exactly this purpose with great success.

Dude have you ever tried Salvia Divinorum? I tried that one time and literally went to another completely different universe for about a minute and a half. It was terrifying. I finally realized that reality is just your perception of it though. Don't try that stuff unless you are prepared. I can't imagine how it might repair a damaged brain.

It's easily available over the internet.

For those interested, there is a lot of cool things happening with Ibogaine and a lesser known option, Salvia Divinorum, which agonizes the Dynorphin receptors of the opiate system, which essentially restores dopamine density in the brain. There are some people who have been using it for exactly this purpose with great success.

Interesting.

And that makes one more rehabilitative benefit of ibogaine.

i'd be all for trying to find info bout HGH and addicts....i know from the drugs abuse i lived with for 5 years...that i have done bad things to my brain...it doesn't think right all of the time...if HGH and peptides would repaid ligaments and cartiledge and the likes, couldn't/wouldn't have some effects on helping the brain recover also???

Attila,
I have tried salvia long time back.
It only made me puked...Nothing else.

There are studies on heroine addicts being give cerebrolysin to reverse brain damage. The results were very impressive. I posted it in the cerebrolysin thread in the sponsor's section and peptide section.

This is very interesting. I have always been naturally deficient in dopamine, and after a long run of opiates I feel my dopamine is now severely depleted.
I am going to try these items you mentioned, thank you for posting.

On gh I feel the same as when I was on rec drugs. A genius! :D

Interesting stuff here for sure.

It would be nice to see if there are promising results. Have you ever listened to a drunk that has a crystal clear picture of 30 years ago but can't remember last week? I know I've fried some circuitry with my rec drug past so anything that shows promising in this area is interesting to me. The longer I can stave off early on-set of alz, dementia, parkinsons....and so on....the better.

It would be nice to see if there are promising results. Have you ever listened to a drunk that has a crystal clear picture of 30 years ago but can't remember last week? I know I've fried some circuitry with my rec drug past so anything that shows promising in this area is interesting to me. The longer I can stave off early on-set of alz, dementia, parkinsons....and so on....the better.

I have been a fan of dopamine depleting drugs in the past, mainly coke and oxy. I used them sparingly for many years, but got addicted to prescribed oxy after taking it for a few months. I already had low dopamine to begin with (maybe why I turned to drugs of that type).

I researched dopamine and drugs extensively out of fear of causing permanent damage to my brain. I found out that depleting dopamine frequently can really increase chances of getting alzheimers, parkinsons, and dementia (which is why drugs like prami which increase dopamine are used for those diseases). That wake up call got me to quit using, and now I am doing everything I can to increase my dopamine levels without causing more damage.

Mucuna Pruriens is an herb that can help
500mg-4g of amino acid Tyrosine each morning
B6 to be taken with Tyrosine

I will be experimenting with low dose Selegiline too. It has a lot of bad interactions in high doses, but is safe in very low doses and doesn't have the nasty interactions that high dose has.
I used it in the past as a mood elevator, but that was before doing any hard drugs in my life.

This is an interesting thread....I am sure many of us have similar issues with regards to long term damage and short term memory.....Wait - what were we discussing? :p

:banghead: head injuries and long term drug abuse = huh??????? :confused:

I really like Cerebrolysin! I'll have to look into some of the other items mentioned here.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear