over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can I go wrong w/ this smoker?

nsr54

Registered
http://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Detai...arcoal+Smokers+&+Grills&sku=810-5301-C&id=288

As a college student, I'm sure you've all went through it. I'm looking to get out the cheapest possibly. I absolutely love the taste of smoked meat! But this smoker/grill is in wal-mart for $30. I mean, can I really go wrong at that price?

Also if anyone has one of these please let me know how they work. Or if you have a different one that is fairly reasonably priced please let me know.

For $30.00 You can't go wrong. Look at it this way, the most yo're out is 30 bucks.

Myfavorite smoker was made out of an old beer keg. I stole it from behind a bar and had a friend who welds cut it open and weld it up. Made my racks out of some stainless shlving units I picked up from a garage sale. Had it for 15 years now and still smokes great!!! Plus it's a nice conversation piece.

Good luck!!

Also try the craigslist in your area for some good deals

For $30.00 You can't go wrong. Look at it this way, the most yo're out is 30 bucks.

Myfavorite smoker was made out of an old beer keg. I stole it from behind a bar and had a friend who welds cut it open and weld it up. Made my racks out of some stainless shlving units I picked up from a garage sale. Had it for 15 years now and still smokes great!!! Plus it's a nice conversation piece.

Good luck!!

My neighbor has a 55 gallon drum that he turned into a smoker. I have a Chargriller Outlaw with a side firebox...love it. :D

http://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Detai...arcoal+Smokers+&+Grills&sku=810-5301-C&id=288

As a college student, I'm sure you've all went through it. I'm looking to get out the cheapest possibly. I absolutely love the taste of smoked meat! But this smoker/grill is in wal-mart for $30. I mean, can I really go wrong at that price?

Also if anyone has one of these please let me know how they work. Or if you have a different one that is fairly reasonably priced please let me know.

As stated, for $30 bucks you can't go wrong...it is much like the Weber Bullet. Make certain that it has a water pan, which really helps control the temp and adds moisture with the smoke...when smoking ribs etc. low and slow is the key. Slabs of babybacks can take you 2 hours+ of smoke time, pork shoulders 9+ hours...well worth it though...

As stated, for $30 bucks you can't go wrong...it is much like the Weber Bullet. Make certain that it has a water pan, which really helps control the temp and adds moisture with the smoke...when smoking ribs etc. low and slow is the key. Slabs of babybacks can take you 2 hours+ of smoke time, pork shoulders 9+ hours...well worth it though...

I spend 40 hours smoking a brisket. I cook 2 hours then remove and chill for 4 hrs cook 3 hrs then remove and chill 4 hrs cook 4 hrs remove and chill 4 hours cook 2 hours remove and chill 4 hours cook 3 more hours remove and chill 4 hours then slice and put in pan with chicken broth and garlic cloves and cook for 6 hours.

we call it the 234,236 method

Best brisket ever. My dad won the American Royal BBQ with that method several years in a row.

Good BBQ is time consuming!!!

But worth it.

Last edited:
I spend 40 hours smoking a brisket. I cook 2 hours then remove and chill for 4 hrs cook 3 hrs then remove and chill 4 hrs cook 4 hrs remove and chill 4 hours cook 2 hours remove and chill 4 hours cook 3 more hours remove and chill 4 hours then slice and put in pan with chicken broth and garlic cloves and cook for 6 hours.

we call it the 234,236 method

Best brisket ever. My dad won the American Royal BBQ with that method several years in a row.

Good BBQ is time consuming!!!

But worth it.

Like Pavlov's dog...my mouth is watering just thinking about it! You know...it is rare that I come across a "good" brisket. Usually they are over cooked/smoked or not sliced correctly etc. I've gotta believe you and your dad are on to something...I can see why it would be a winner!

Good luck!!

I wish I knew how to weld, a keg smoker would make for a nice piece. Thanks for input fellas....I might have to come back after I pick the smoker up tomorrow and get some ideas for smoking. I'm totally new to this and it doesn't sound like this your fellas first rodeo.

Thanks again

I wish I knew how to weld, a keg smoker would make for a nice piece. Thanks for input fellas....I might have to come back after I pick the smoker up tomorrow and get some ideas for smoking. I'm totally new to this and it doesn't sound like this your fellas first rodeo.

Thanks again

While you're out and about, pick up some chunks of Hickory, apple, or cherry wood. Also, you might want to check into seasoning the smoker...meaning you might want to coat the inside with vegetable oil and then run your smoker. I had to to this for my Outlaw...now, some may say it isn't necessary for the Brinkman...do a google and see what others might have to say about it.

It is a lot of fun...once you get it down...it is an awesome way to cook meat.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131