over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can insulin use lead to diabetes?

prodaf

Featured Member/IFBB PRO
Featured Member
Registered
if you take 5 to 10ui every workout day for years, could you become diabetic ?

No. Not with that usage pattern, imo. If anything, it gives pancreas a break when taking lots of carbs all the time.

Daily gh use for years is more likely to cause insulin resistance (diabetes).
if you take 5 to 10ui every workout day for years, could you become diabetic ?

No. Not with that usage pattern, imo. If anything, it gives pancreas a break when taking lots of carbs all the time.

I agree. GH use seems to be more likely to cause diabetes than slin use.

There is no definite answer, and for someone to give one, that's dangerous. Everyone's anatomy is unique.

Get a glucose meter, and test a few mornings during the week when using insulin regularly.

There is no definite answer, and for someone to give one, that's dangerous. Everyone's anatomy is unique.

Get a glucose meter, and test a few mornings during the week when using insulin regularly.

Yes i do it.
I search studies for more precisions, I think it's interesting and important to know

Depends on wgat you mean by diabetic.
I have thought about some kind of immune reaction to exogenous insulin possibly being able to cause it, which I mostly pulled out of my ass, tbh :D But relating to that, I caught some comment, either on the radio or on tv or perhaps a headline on the net where this immune reaction/type 1 diabetes paradigm was challenged recently. Anyone know more?

But GH and many other drugs could give you type 2 sort of immediately, but is that type 2 proper, as it's acutely drug induced? Hell, even melatonin, if taken in the morning, as opposed to at night wrecks your glucose metabolism.

I would have wanted to know what exactly happened Ronny Rockel, how it presented and if he was able to "recover".
Then there is British Pro Anth Bailes, would like to know the specifics.

Last edited:
First off, there is zero similarity between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The fact that they same the same name is misleading, they are completely different diseases.

Let's talk about type 1 first. Forcing your body to overproduce insulin can destroy beta cells and lead to type 1 diabetes. Once beta cells are gone, they are gone forever. Usually, type 1 is thought to be caused by a virus that causes your own immune system to attack beta cells, but type 1 can also be caused by overeating carbohydrates and thus overproducing insulin, stressing beta cells and eventually destroying them.

Taking insulin doesn't destroy beta cells and it doesn't cause the immune system to attack beta cells. But eating massive amounts of carbs to counter the insulin you are taking may destroy beta cells, especially because most people taking insulin are eating more carbs than they need to make sure they don't go hypo.

Type 2 diabetes: insulin resistance. This is from an inability of insulin to successfully shuttle glucose into liver and muscle cells. Current thinking is that this is because the liver and muscle cells are full and the glucose has nowhere to go. This isn't, as is usually thought, from too much insulin being around, but rather from too much glucose being around.

You might think a type 1 diabetic who has to take insulin all the time would easily develop type 2, but this isn't the case. They may also be insulin resistant, but there is no reason for them to be if they manage their sugar properly and don't overeat carbs.

Taking insulin isn't an effective way to control type 2 diabetes, although it is often used.

Listening to a podcast with Colette Nelson, she's seems to know her sh*t. I wasn't really aware but theres a type 3 now?

First off, there is zero similarity between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The fact that they same the same name is misleading, they are completely different diseases.

Let's talk about type 1 first. Forcing your body to overproduce insulin can destroy beta cells and lead to type 1 diabetes. Once beta cells are gone, they are gone forever. Usually, type 1 is thought to be caused by a virus that causes your own immune system to attack beta cells, but type 1 can also be caused by overeating carbohydrates and thus overproducing insulin, stressing beta cells and eventually destroying them.

Taking insulin doesn't destroy beta cells and it doesn't cause the immune system to attack beta cells. But eating massive amounts of carbs to counter the insulin you are taking may destroy beta cells, especially because most people taking insulin are eating more carbs than they need to make sure they don't go hypo.

Type 2 diabetes: insulin resistance. This is from an inability of insulin to successfully shuttle glucose into liver and muscle cells. Current thinking is that this is because the liver and muscle cells are full and the glucose has nowhere to go. This isn't, as is usually thought, from too much insulin being around, but rather from too much glucose being around.

You might think a type 1 diabetic who has to take insulin all the time would easily develop type 2, but this isn't the case. They may also be insulin resistant, but there is no reason for them to be if they manage their sugar properly and don't overeat carbs.

Taking insulin isn't an effective way to control type 2 diabetes, although it is often used.

Thanks for info, my dose is low, just 5 to 7ui max preW with 30g vitargo + EEA, glutamine etc...

Listening to a podcast with Colette Nelson, she's seems to know her sh*t. I wasn't really aware but theres a type 3 now?

Colette is an expert and has some great info on insulin, I highly recommend her info!

yes, colette nelson REALLY knows her shit when it comes to insulin!

I could see this preventing type 1 diabetes, but I don't think people develop that very often, just born with it. I would think constant slamming of insulin could very well lead to insulin insensitivity, which is the basis for type 2 diabetes.

I could see this preventing type 1 diabetes, but I don't think people develop that very often, just born with it. I would think constant slamming of insulin could very well lead to insulin insensitivity, which is the basis for type 2 diabetes.

My understanding from reading and listening to podcasts (not from experience)

High hgh with raise fasted blood sugar high, for what ever the reason the hgh blocks the natural insulin from working (lowing blood sugar) so the pancreas just keeps marking more, this in effect is just like over eating carbs, body gets exhausted from making so much insulin and can lead to diabetes type 2

If you inject slin your body actually produces less insulin or none depending on how much you take, in thory this would stop you getting type 2.

The more hgh the more insulin you need to inject (reports of lantus over 150iu to keep fatsed blood sugar below 90 as hgh is above 20iu)

Now problem with this is you can be come desizatized to the lantus and need more and more slin

Drugs like metformin and berbrine are used to limit this but ultimately you can’t run this for months on end and will need a break

On the break keep using the met an berb

Also reports igf1-lr3 lowes fasted glucose so could help

My understanding, call me out if it’s wrong, I’m here to learn

Also my question is if you over use hgh or slin or both can it lead to type 1 diabetes??

My understanding from reading and listening to podcasts (not from experience)

High hgh with raise fasted blood sugar high, for what ever the reason the hgh blocks the natural insulin from working (lowing blood sugar) so the pancreas just keeps marking more, this in effect is just like over eating carbs, body gets exhausted from making so much insulin and can lead to diabetes type 2

If you inject slin your body actually produces less insulin or none depending on how much you take, in thory this would stop you getting type 2.

The more hgh the more insulin you need to inject (reports of lantus over 150iu to keep fatsed blood sugar below 90 as hgh is above 20iu)

Now problem with this is you can be come desizatized to the lantus and need more and more slin

Drugs like metformin and berbrine are used to limit this but ultimately you can’t run this for months on end and will need a break

On the break keep using the met an berb

Also reports igf1-lr3 lowes fasted glucose so could help

My understanding, call me out if it’s wrong, I’m here to learn

Also my question is if you over use hgh or slin or both can it lead to type 1 diabetes??

HGH yes, slin no

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity