over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can Melatonin Help with Sleep

I find it much more beneficial to try and preserve ones natural production of Melatonin.
Tips-
-Avoid white light in the evening.
-Use the blue light filter on any tech devices used in the evening.
By design the brain starts to secret Melatonin in the evening and ceases production in the morning. White and especially blue light can create a false signal in the brain.

A dose like 2.5mg works for me really fast. about 40mins. but taking a larger dose like +10 makes me stay awake somewhat longer. it's real weird.

I’ve found that less is more with melatonin for me. At 3mg I wake up groggy.
Usually 500mcg- 1.5mg is the general sweet spot at night that works well for my body when I am tossing and turning. If i do 5mg or higher I stay up later and it doesn’t work.

Melatonin can elicit negative and/or paradoxical effects. User dependant.

Thank you. I wish people would not instantly shout, "it does nothing!" as most have not done what it takes to effectively evaluate this compoud. In the 21 years I have been in supplements nothing has proven as tricky as melatonin.

Some need to take it hours before sleep when the sun starts to set.
Some need very very little ex. 250MCG
Some need to take it immediately before bed.
Some need to take a time-released while others seem to do better with sublingual and it depends on what you have more of an issue with falling vs staying asleep.
As you stated there can be a paradoxical effect if too much is taken and IMO 3mg(the standard dose in most supplements) is too much for many.
I personally like to take 500mcg after waking to pee about 2-3 hours into my sleep.

Most people do not try all of the above variables. They buy a 3mg capsule, take it a few times expecting nature's ambien and then decree it as worthless. There is also a chance one already produces more than enough naturally and in that case, there should be no sleep effect.

That being said sleep is one of the hardest things to remedy as what works well for one person seems useless for the next. IME what works well today may not a month from now. I tell people to try to find a few things that help and rotate, this is of course in addition to proper sleep hygene.

I started using it going on 30 years ago. Many people I know have used it with success. As long as they realize it is not a sleeping pill that will knock you out. and only helps you fall asleep. And more isn't always better. The body makes a fraction of what most pills have in them. The people I know that don't like the dreams, they get seem to be the ones that have slept poorly for a long time and probably don't have a deep as sleep as others. And having a dep sleep and dreams is a shock to them IMO. I may get up groggy but I feel a lot better later in the day then if I didn't take it.

I take 5mg and other than waking up a couple times to pee which is normal for me, I sleep great.

I also notice that if it's not extended release, I end up waking up later at night.

The only melatonin that works for me is the extended release one even just 1mg improves my sleep quality

Melatonin helps me fall asleep but I wake up like 3 hours later and can’t fall back to sleep so I stopped using it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131