advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can Phil Heath pull off a 2009 Jay Cutler Comeback?

I would certainly hope so, but I don't know what Phil thinks.

Hell, maybe he thought he can come in bigger, fuller, with a tighter waist.

I sound like one of those ESPN commentators in a suit "analyzing" an athletes future...I fkin hate those people...lol

Only time will tell...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You're not wrong by any means, but both phil and hany are not idiots and both understand phil's body as well as any bodybuilding/coach out there now.

As much as I am not a fan of phil or hany, there's no way they didn't leave any stone unturned in trying to bring down his waist considering it's been an issue the past couple years.

The biggest thing going against phil is that he started his career pushing size so hard to stand next to jay and eventually beat him (and continue pushing size to stay ahead of kai) that he pretty much maxed out his potential in the sense of maximizing his size while maintaining his insane crisp-ness and keeping a tight waist.

How do you keep improving after that? Shawn came on the scene and threatened to beat him with the same type of body that phil overtook jay with with a tight waist and insane muscle bellies.

If phil can bring his waist down, he'd likely have to sacrifice too much size that shawn would beat him again and if he doubles down on trying to out mass shawn, he'd be at risk of losing to ramy.

But who knows. I thought ramy beat phil last year so take my opinion with a grain of salt

Phil needs to get off the GH and blast DNP for the next 3 months to get rid of all that visceral fat.

This combined with fasting really is a great idea. I wonder what the surgeon found/saw in there when they worked on him. It really would answer the whole gut debate once in for all if we had info from a surgeon who has opened up one of these bubble gut BB's.

This combined with fasting really is a great idea. I wonder what the surgeon found/saw in there when they worked on him. It really would answer the whole gut debate once in for all if we had info from a surgeon who has opened up one of these bubble gut BB's.

Palumbo suggested his free detox protocol for Phil. Will be putting up a video soon ...

His time has gone........next mr O in the open will be......Flex Lewis!!!!

I think he would look really bad if he didn't come back to defend his title. Moreover this ego is that big I would be shocked if he didn't come back next year. He is a bad loser and he will struggle with this for months. Although I think he will use it to his advantage during next years prep.

I don't know how in depth he has been in regards to his stomach issues. He obviously had surgery last year so would have had scans. I assume he has had an MRI scan. I wonder how much of it is what I would call permanent damage and how much is simply related to diet and drugs. Did he carb load on 500g or 2000g carbs for example. I would love to know his diet the last few weeks of prep over the last few years and that would tell us so much. Even things like stomach vacuums and core work etc. Was he doing them 10 times daily or not at all. I would assume he would do everything in his power to bring his stomach in but it still looked so bad.

Phil had Rhoden beat if it wasn't for his stomach imo. Rhoden did look great though. But Phil at 100% wins the O. The above is vital as I wonder what he would look like crusing into a show on lower carbs. Granted less fullness but I mean his stomach. I also wonder how much hgh and slin he uses especially close to a show.

I think Kai should come back and that would be awesome if he competed next year. Brandon Curry should get better. Nathan DeAsha should get better. Ramy needs to get better... if he actually came in weighing less and leaner/drier etc. All in all even though we are 1 year away next years O could be incredible.

I think he would look really bad if he didn't come back to defend his title. Moreover this ego is that big I would be shocked if he didn't come back next year. He is a bad loser and he will struggle with this for months. Although I think he will use it to his advantage during next years prep.

I don't know how in depth he has been in regards to his stomach issues. He obviously had surgery last year so would have had scans. I assume he has had an MRI scan. I wonder how much of it is what I would call permanent damage and how much is simply related to diet and drugs. Did he carb load on 500g or 2000g carbs for example. I would love to know his diet the last few weeks of prep over the last few years and that would tell us so much. Even things like stomach vacuums and core work etc. Was he doing them 10 times daily or not at all. I would assume he would do everything in his power to bring his stomach in but it still looked so bad.

Phil had Rhoden beat if it wasn't for his stomach imo. Rhoden did look great though. But Phil at 100% wins the O. The above is vital as I wonder what he would look like crusing into a show on lower carbs. Granted less fullness but I mean his stomach. I also wonder how much hgh and slin he uses especially close to a show.

I think Kai should come back and that would be awesome if he competed next year. Brandon Curry should get better. Nathan DeAsha should get better. Ramy needs to get better... if he actually came in weighing less and leaner/drier etc. All in all even though we are 1 year away next years O could be incredible.
here's my question. How in the hell is Rhoden going to get his back on par with Phil's in one year? Phil crushed him in the lat spread and even more so in the back double bi. Only Kai can hang with Phil from the rear. Maybe Ramy too but that's about it, but really only Kai.

here's my question. How in the hell is Rhoden going to get his back on par with Phil's in one year? Phil crushed him in the lat spread and even more so in the back double bi. Only Kai can hang with Phil from the rear. Maybe Ramy too but that's about it, but really only Kai.

Kai gets crushed from the back against Phil.

Rhoden will have to hope that Phil can't get his gut fixed.

On par is asking too much for anyone, but he can definitely improve it. Rhoden had many years off in his late 20s / early 30s. That break is likely why he's now the oldest Mr. Olympia ever and able to improve in his 40s.

I saw it this way too but Roellys physique doesn't flow like Phils does. (Abdomen aside, obviously) Roellys color and oil was off from what I saw on live stream and every other video.

I think if Phil were to replicate his 2013 look he could easily smash anyone in that line up. I don't think it's going to happen but you never know. Jay looked lightyears better when he came back and won the 2009 title.

Makes it interesting nevertheless

That was his best year, in my opinion, NOT 2011 like so many others say (although it was a close 2nd). In 2013 he displayed the ultimate combination of fullness AND condition for his particular physique.

He looked so damn good that year. As soon as he walked out onstage, before he even got to the front of the stage, I knew he was going to kill everyone. He was that good that year. As for bringing back that look, who knows. I would say it is unlikely, but possible.

Last edited:

What LS stated. I don't think Rhoden can beat Phil unless his gut is bad or he is seriously off. Phil has never been really off if you don't count his gut. As you state he beats Rhoden in most areas. My whole point is how serious and permanent are Phil's gut issues. Perhaps he could improve drastically by eliminating certain foods, lowering his loading protocol, practicing breathing techniques, vacuums, avoiding certain drugs etc etc. The list of possible factor is high.

That's why I wonder what exactly did he do this year regarding his gut because it still looked awful. Phil has not come in like he probably could for years and he is not getting any younger. Maybe he can't get better but I doubt that and I think he could improve next year (well it's certainly possible). My point being if he comes in the same he has for 2 years next year the door is wide open for 1. Kai 2. Ramy 3. Rhoden.

Phil said that his mesh broke - which essentially undid the repair

it's possible... I guess we will see

what do u mean?

umbilical hernias are super common... im glad my mesh has held up so far

I would give it a few more weeks of bulking and that thing is definitely gonna burst little fatty.

what do u mean?

umbilical hernias are super common... im glad my mesh has held up so far

I just find it funny that the 2 top guys competing this year both had mesh implants and both had abdominal issues due to it. Chris Aceto's said that's why Rhoden had trouble controlling his midsection in the past.

Was good to see an Aceto guy get an O btw. It seemed as though you didn't hear his name that much in the last ten or 15 years but i'm sure if you were around in the 90's you certainly heard his name often. I started working out in the late 90's so it's interesting to see how certain coaches become "famous" in the fitness world and others start to get less publicity which i guess in this game, isn't always a bad thing.

if you're referring to conditioning/water issues or lack of detail in the hamstrings and lower back in the back poses, i can't say too much. However, if we're talking about back musculature solely i have to respectfully disagree with you. Regardless of the outcome of the competitions, i think Kai can match Phil in BDB. Rear Lat Spread i would agree that Phil edges out Kai but not by a landslide. Regardless, Kai doesn't get blown out of the water in back shots next to Phil like alot of other guys do.

I just watched a video and they were saying Phil's stomach was fine a few weeks before the Olympia. I believe he done photos but don't know why and where.

Id like to see Hany's official statement or video on what went wrong with Phil. Im sure Phil pays him a pretty penny for his services and wasn't happy.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws