advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can some people be hypersensitive to GH effects/side effects?

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I always wondered this because back in 1998 when I 1st tried GH at 4iu a day (2iu AM/2iuPM)and weekends off for 3 weeks then I had to stop. Carpal tunnel was bad, pump in gym was painful and then the dreaded abdominal distention.

Now any years later I am trying it again because my diet and training is better and figured I would see how I could do on lower doses.

Day 1 - 2iu (split between AM and afternoon shots)
Day 2 - 2.5iu (split between AM and afternoon shots)
Day 3 - 3.0iu (split between AM and afternoon shots)
Today - Day 4 - 1.0 iu 1st thing in the morning pre-cardio.

Also just came off a 2.5 week slin run because though I LOVED the way I felt in the gym, the bloat in my stomach was too much. Matter of fact, adding in the GH made my problem worse (belly). I am doing PCT right now so no AAS so GH and PCT drugs. (started them a few days ago)

That leads me to my main question about GH responders. Now I know there are lots of IGF receptors I think in the organs in the belly area and already my oblique's are getting thick and bigger (in 3 days wtf?) ab distention too. So maybe I have an abnormal high amount of IGF receptors in that area. So I decided to back it down to just 1iu in the morning and give it a few days to a week then go up a bit if things look better. I also want to "clean out" from this slin and see what happens after a week with no slin. I am taking Metformin now and on no carbs.

I researched for HOURS and no where can I find that GH increases visceral fat, in fact every study, article, forum post etc I came across talks about how GH reduces visceral fat pretty much as a fact.

So what the heck is my issue? am I a hyper-sensitive to gh? good and also bad effects. My hands feel a little stiff but very bearable and after 3 days, this morning I did 45 min of cardio at 6am. I go to take a shower and my delts and chest and what-not look fucking jacked, totally not normal. I don't know what else to blame but the gh...(that side effect I like btw).

But I am thinking since I have always been plagued with visceral fat that maybe I am just insulin resistant or borderline (also maybe why I love ketogenic diets so much and lose fat on them) and the slin and more importantly the GH is making my insulin sensitivity worse, but does that alone equate to distention in a matter of a few days? Never had an issue with blood work where dr said I had any issues, resting blood glucose always normal etc.

So I think gh is changing my physique in both good and bad ways, but honestly how the heck is this possible in only a few days and on a very conservative dose? Any ideas? am I missing something?

Slin can cause visceral fat build up. You did mention you were doing keto, so your carb intake is virtually non-existent. Slin needs an excess amount of carbs or both fat and carbs in order to store visceral fat around the organs. You also mention that you are on gh as well. I'm just as puzzled as you are here. I'd like to hear Stewie chime in on this. :confused:

Slin can cause visceral fat build up. You did mention you were doing keto, so your carb intake is virtually non-existent. Slin needs an excess amount of carbs or both fat and carbs in order to store visceral fat around the organs. You also mention that you are on gh as well. I'm just as puzzled as you are here. I'd like to hear Stewie chime in on this. :confused:

Wasn't on keto for most of the slin run just the last few days where I dropped the intra carbs a lot and cut the slin dose in half. Was able to still get a great pump and strength in the gym and back in ketosis not long after. Then decided to drop slin and just go with the gh.

While on slin I was eating moderate carbs and had a nice solid intra shake. Had water retention but not to this bloat/distention extent like it is now right after I added in the gh.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

There were hardly any days that you were both on the slin and GH, if any correct?

I think you are sensitive to GH, but i think you just started to hold a little water and freaked out. There is no way you were getting abdominal distension in 3 days. You are really concerned about staying lean, like overly concerned. And i dont blame you, but i think its just a little water and its freaking you out because its hiding your abs ever so slightly.

Just back the dose down and ramp up slower. I wouldnt back down to 1iu, maybe 2 split.

My midsection looks terrible since starting GH. I instantly gained water in my trouble spots and love handles blew up with water too...

BUT everything else looks amazing and its doing crazy things to my thickness and look. Im leaner overall too and know if I dropped the GH I'd be leaner than when I started.

It really is a mindfuck though. I'm pretty much in same boat as you.

My midsection looks terrible since starting GH. I instantly gained water in my trouble spots and love handles blew up with water too...

BUT everything else looks amazing and its doing crazy things to my thickness and look. Im leaner overall too and know if I dropped the GH I'd be leaner than when I started.

It really is a mindfuck though. I'm pretty much in same boat as you.

It's nuts and I can't understand it. It can't be visceral fat if all the studies are true. Can it possibly be super hydration in the belly area from water retention? I didn't want to get out of my chair all day I feel like a fat fuk it's odd. Not used to my stomach feeling like this.

Funny thing is I first noticed it the other day in the gym when my phone clip on the side of my sweat pants kept rubbing against my obliques/love handle area. Then it all made sense today.

So maybe it's just massive bloat. Not sure. But only a few days it's crazy.

But as I've said the pre-workout slin was awesome, sure more bloat then I liked but very much able to deal with it. But as soon as I did gh then slin then off to the gym it's like all the water I drank in the gym blew up my stomach and hasn't gone down much since lol

I don't know how all these studies show people losing significant fat and waist size on gh. I guess we have some fucked up genes or something is going on in our mid section lol

Last edited:
There were hardly any days that you were both on the slin and GH, if any correct?

I think you are sensitive to GH, but i think you just started to hold a little water and freaked out. There is no way you were getting abdominal distension in 3 days. You are really concerned about staying lean, like overly concerned. And i dont blame you, but i think its just a little water and its freaking you out because its hiding your abs ever so slightly.

Just back the dose down and ramp up slower. I wouldnt back down to 1iu, maybe 2 split.

Yes only a few days of gh and slin. Like 2 literally

The scary part is just like a pro bb when I flex you see my abs but when not it just feels like it wants to hang all bloated and shit.

I'm thinking this is all related to increasing insulin resistance as well as water. But now that I'm on keto there shouldn't be any water left in a few more days. Metfiomin also helps with insulin sensitivity. So after a week or 2 if I can't fix this then something is very strange.

I'm guessing the few weeks on slin albeit not a ton primed me for messing with my insulin sensitivity then add in the gh it got worse and possible edema too.

Or the other explanation is that I have no clue what's going on lol.

Last edited:
How much metformin you doing on no carbs? Any issues with going hypo?

roast

Wow, what a great question. I would love to hear some of the Coaches like Mountain Dog, Shelby, Future Freak, come on and weigh in on that subject. My first thought was that, maybe it was the quality/purity of the available HGH now. But when you see that a major complaint of some of the top pros is the distention in the stomach, I doubt they are using generic Chinese HGH. :confused:

Last edited:
Wow, what a great question. I would love to hear some of the Coaches like Mountain Dog, Shelby, Future Freak, come on and weigh in on that subject. My first thought was that, maybe it was the quality/purity of the available HGH now. But when you see that a major complaint of some of the top pros is the distention in the stomach, I doubt they are using generic Chinese HGH. :confused:

Yes would love to hear their input. But in my case I don't eat a lot of carbs even when I did slin and I don't eat a ton of cals either and my gh and slin dosages were very low compared to what pros do and those guys have distention from lots of drugs and more of food. But in my case it's just days compared to pros that it took years for their distention to develop.

Also the gh I'm using is like one of the most favorited ones on this board with regards to generic. Then again maybe they load it up with igf-1 BUT even if they did it going to have this effect on me in a few days? Crazy.

roastdawg - No issues with going hypo with Metformin 500mg with 3 meals. And I find it better than insulin to speed entry into ketosis. I may lower the dose the deeper I get into the diet but wanted to use it since I'm cling off the slin also thought it would help with the gh since gh isn't good for insulin sensitivity.

Bro use reasonable logic. You are bloated. Do you really believe there is any drug out there that is causing substantial growth be it muscle or intestinal in 3 days. 3 days man. Come on. I have read a lit of your posts you know better than that. It doesn't matter what diet you run or how much metformin you take GH is gonna make you hold water especially if you are prone to it which it seems you are. Now you can minimize it but there will still be some water. Water is held in fat cells. Where are most of your fat cells. Obliques lower abs etc. Sound familiar. Give it time the body will normalize to the GH and start to hold a little less water. You can also take 2g vit c day and night and it will help also.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's nuts and I can't understand it. It can't be visceral fat if all the studies are true. Can it possibly be super hydration in the belly area from water retention? I didn't want to get out of my chair all day I feel like a fat fuk it's odd. Not used to my stomach feeling like this.

Funny thing is I first noticed it the other day in the gym when my phone clip on the side of my sweat pants kept rubbing against my obliques/love handle area. Then it all made sense today.

So maybe it's just massive bloat. Not sure. But only a few days it's crazy.

But as I've said the pre-workout slin was awesome, sure more bloat then I liked but very much able to deal with it. But as soon as I did gh then slin then off to the gym it's like all the water I drank in the gym blew up my stomach and hasn't gone down much since lol

I don't know how all these studies show people losing significant fat and waist size on gh. I guess we have some fucked up genes or something is going on in our mid section lol

Of course its not visceral fat, there's no way you could have gained visceral fat in a couple days. Also it cant be stomach distension no matter how many IGF receptors you have in your gut, it just cant happen that fast.

Like Choade said, you can really retain water but the positive effects are huge. It will get better, just drink tons of water and lower the dose and ramp up slightly. Im telling you your going to love the results after your body adjusts to it.

Bro use reasonable logic. You are bloated. Do you really believe there is any drug out there that is causing substantial growth be it muscle or intestinal in 3 days. 3 days man. Come on. I have read a lit of your posts you know better than that. It doesn't matter what diet you run or how much metformin you take GH is gonna make you hold water especially if you are prone to it which it seems you are. Now you can minimize it but there will still be some water. Water is held in fat cells. Where are most of your fat cells. Obliques lower abs etc. Sound familiar. Give it time the body will normalize to the GH and start to hold a little less water. You can also take 2g vit c day and night and it will help also.

NY, you know your body better than any of us but don't you think this may actually be it? Makes too much sense from a third person perspective.

Funny you mentioned the gut distension...I just ended a run of slin because of it. The crazy thing is I spent 2 months getting very lean before starting my run. Within 2-3 weeks my gut was sticking out farther that my chest...even though I had a full six pack. I had to walk around trying to keep it sucked in it looked like shit. My kids were even messing with me calling me pregnant lol.

No gh though just 15-20 iu preworkout everyday. My personal opinion is it was from all the food. When I do a run of slin im super dedicated to eating every 2.5 hours. I dont think my body can digest that fast and all the food was just bulging my stomach out. I hated to call it quits but I just couldn't take walking around like that all day.
Been a couple years since my last run of growth but even on 10iu a day I dont remember ever getting all distended like that.

No doubt, totally get what you are saying. I normally don't throw a fit like a 17yr old girl who lost her iphone. What got to me was the history I had with this. In 1998 after a very very short time all this happened, also had temporal growth that I still have today. If i chew a hard protein bar for a while my temples blow up like there is a big golf ball under the skin lol it is nuts. All in a short time, figured this time around things are different, potentially more reliable source of real gh etc etc.

I will say though if I never had done gh in 1998 and experienced this I would not have been bitching like in this post but it was sort of like "oh great here we go again". We also didn't have proM board back in 1998 so access to info/answers right away was limited. Matter of fact back then, strangely, I had access to ifbb Pro's who I chatted with from time to time and I realized they don't know much more than me and are just muscle heads learning as they go as well. So yeah I made this post for someone to tell me I am crazy lol or share their same experiences because everyone I know who does GH never complains or tells me of this one issue. They all get lean.

Of course its not visceral fat, there's no way you could have gained visceral fat in a couple days. Also it cant be stomach distension no matter how many IGF receptors you have in your gut, it just cant happen that fast.

Like Choade said, you can really retain water but the positive effects are huge. It will get better, just drink tons of water and lower the dose and ramp up slightly. Im telling you your going to love the results after your body adjusts to it.

Agreed!

NY, you know your body better than any of us but don't you think this may actually be it? Makes too much sense from a third person perspective.

No doubt.

I need to tame my mangina. The only bodypart that gets me into frenzy are the abs and when they get fucked up lol, any other sides I deal with.

Ha ha stick with it bro maybe lower food and try and increase digestion take some natural diuretics and keep plugging away

No way the gh is causing real distention that fast let alone ever if kept within low doses like you're doing. Same for igf1 in the short term.
I've been doing gh for approx 5 years non stop, and did a 2 year non stop run with it 12 years ago as well.
One thing for sure is much of the china based gh on the market has both different effects and different side effects, so the first thing I'd consider is which generic are you taking..
Some bloat the hell outta me even on 3-4iu/day, and some cause minor water retention (mind you in all the right places kind of water retention) versus stomach bloat and overall soft appearance from others.
If it's good clean gh, the bloat will not be in your stomach area in low to moderate doses.. If anything your entire stomach area will look better period. But go up to 8+ iu and your entire body will start to look bloated.
If you're on good gh the 3 iu a day won't cause the effects you're seeing, especially if you're splitting the dose into 2 per day.
Years ago when jins first came out I definitely noticed a lot more water retention then north american pharm grade at an equal dose, but I just dropped the dose and it leveled out..so may have been stronger or more iu's in each vial.. Who knows.

On the other hand if I'm on high test, with little to no dht based gear, and no estro controls then gh does seem to amplify the pro estro environment and I tend to get lower ab bloat.. But by adding back in a few hundred mgs of say masteron and problem is more than solved.
So consider checking your bloods for estro levels etc..
Next thing is to consider the quality of your gear.. There's a lot of inconsistencies with raws these days so could be that at the time you started the gh the quality of your gear changed..
Such as thinking your on good masteron, only to find out its DECA or just test... Which I've just gone through for about the 5th time in the past few years..
Usually no fault of the lab you buy from, but rather their supplier changing things or similar.

If you really want to know how gh effects you cut everything but pharm grade test for 6 weeks, then add in only the gh nothing else while keeping diet and training consistent throughout.
Hope I've helped in some way here bud.

Thanks. I'm using gerytops and no aas just doing some tamoxifen/clomid pct.

From the research I'm doing, the water retention seems to happen a lot and probably more common with Chinese generics. Seems it all goes away when you start low and work up gradually and stay on for a while.

I also read that gh increases ADH - anti diuretic hormone hence gh users experience water retention. But who really knows for sure.

Its the grey tops. I got the exact same thing you are talking about. Made my physique awesome but bad in some ways like you said.

Beem on HGh Mans green tops and not as bad as the greys..more vascularity and harder look than greys.

I stopped slin 2 weeks ago now. I was also experiencing crazy stomach distention. I was coming off t3 back down to 100mg/wk and my body absorbed the living shit out of everything i was eating. I literally looked like a different person. I only stopped because of the swelling i was experiencing in my ankles.

My muscles looked the fullest they've ever looked. I think i responded so well is because i dont eat carbs until my pre workout which is meadows cream of rice concoction then my intra carbs and post carbs.

He said it best. Its just a mind fuck. We basically want to look stage ready year around which is to be honest just unrealistic and stupid. But, here i am trying :banghead:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear