YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can someone be ready to early for a show?

plang

Kilo Klub Member
I have a fairly fast metabolism (probably an understatement) I am doing the TX state October 23.....my plan was to diet long and slow a full 16 weeks that way I lose very little muscle and I can take my time and put everything I hve into this show....6 weeks in I'm as lean as I was two weeks out last show....legs and glutes in better condition and my glutes are strting to come in fairly well.....maybe another 2-4 weeks and they will be striated....which would leave me with 5-7 weeks to hold that conditioning....I'm only doing 20-30 mins low intensity cardio on an empty stomach...eating about 3000-3500 cals a day. Gh, test, tren and masteron being used as well as humulin (tryin o retain more muscle this time)....should I back off or rather add more carbs in my diet and try to maintain this bodyweight and "grow into it" or keep coming down and once I'm where I want to be try to maintain that? This is my third show this year......last October I weighed in at 197....this April 202.....and I'm guessing 210-215 this next show.....I'm not worried about weight....but I really want my glutes to be fully striated. Any advice from vets is much appreciated....sorry for rambling. I will have some progress pics this weekend....

id like to see pics first before really suggesting something.

sometimes you think youre ahead when you're really not, sometimes the opposite.

if you really really are in tip top shape and you are that far out, me personally, i would up the carbs or fats, cut out the cardio.

what weightclass you gonna be in?

and NO i don't think you can be ready to early.
-JS

YES!!!!..... i believe early is the only way

why play "catch-up" the last minute

be ready ahead of sched. and coast in:lightbulb:

:cool:

I've since brought up my chest, hams, calves and quads and bigger

Ill be a hvy weight....a few local competitors have warned me about peaking too early...Which I why I ask

Cant be ready too early. You can always manipulate the diet the other way.

On another note. I'll be competing in the TX so look forward to meeting you.

Ill be a hvy weight....a few local competitors have warned me about peaking too early...Which I why I ask

well now......."peaking" and being ready (lean enough)

are 2 diff. things of course

Cant be ready too early. You can always manipulate the diet the other way.

On another note. I'll be competing in the TX so look forward to meeting you.

Cool...what class?

Cool...what class?

Heavy for the first time. My last show was in '08 and I was barely making lightheavy(had to weigh in 3 times to make weight). I'm doing the South Texas in San Antonio in 4 weeks then on the to the Texas.

Being ready early is great. It allows you to eat into the show and look fuller.

I used to hear guys tell me I was going to be ready too soon. My reply is Great to hear. While others are busting there ass and trying all this magic to get down in time. I'm increasing carbs, having a few reward meals each week and come in with a smile on my face and ready to do battle. While these other guys look like "dead men walking" just wanting it all to be over.

So, no listen to your body. Keep working the calories. Don't be afraid to eat. Lastly the peeking part to me is how you are planning your aas program.

One last thought. If you start to hit the dieting wall have a pizza or whatever. Don't start living each day like you can only have white fish and broc.

Best of luck,
K

Well being ready early can be a good thing or a bad thing...If you know how to hold it and get leaner without losing muscle...then continue to keep getting leaner...But, if you feel like your going to lose muscle then make the nesessary changes in your diet/cardio program to prevent it...Since your lean now, you could grow into the show..and maybe come in bigger than you think...:)

yes like someone else said, peaking and being ready too early are different things.

you didnt post any pics of what your conditoin is like right now but ill go on what you say you look like

id say at least increase the amount of carbs you're taking in and keep cardio to a min. if you really are that far along. do you see lines in your glutes? if not why not keep dieting harder until those fuckers come in

Plang-Last time i saw you, you looked amazing and HUGE. Glad you put on some serious mass over the past few months. You never look fat, bloated or off. The only thing i have seen in the past is just lack of symetry and a lack of overall mass in certain places. But last time i saw you it looks like you have more than overcame those couple of items. You know how to get conditioned and i would say just slack just a little (Especially for your mental sake) and enjoy a cheat meal once in a while and then tighten up a couple of weeks out. You look good bro.

I would rather hear you say you're going to be ready 3 weeks early as opposed to 5. However, you have nothing to worry about. Do what makes you happy. I would much rather be ready too soon than be jumping rope in a sauna suit in the bathroom just to make weight on the night before the show. You don't have to worry about making a weight class so you won't have to worry about that.:)

I would say being ready early for a show is nice feeling...you can taper cardio, eat more possibly, train smarter. Taking the drastic out of the prep is a good thing. Slower, longer preps allow for this.

Heavy for the first time. My last show was in '08 and I was barely making lightheavy(had to weigh in 3 times to make weight). I'm doing the South Texas in San Antonio in 4 weeks then on the to the Texas.

Look forward to meeting ya....I know a couple others guys that will be in tr hvy class it should be a tough go....

Thanks for the advice guys....I think I'm going o keep status quo until I get as lean as i want and than "back off" a bit so to speak...

As for my glutes I see lines fairly prominent on the bottom half and the top half is tight...I'll try to get some pics this weekend...I use my iPhone for everything...including these forums...so getting pics uploaded on here ha been a challenge

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws