YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can someone explain the central nervous system?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Reading alot about the CNS in the volume vs. HIT debate and how its easily overtaxed by heavy and hardcore lifting,going to failure,etc.I know the basics behind it,but pertaining to bodybuilding and our goals of getting huge, whats the direct function,why does it get overworked,how do we know its overworked and how do we prevent this?

This is a huge question...I have learned in my Kinesiology classes that we really have no idea what causes post muscle sorness...could it be the stress on the nervous system? Could it be the tiny tears we cause in our muscles when we add resistance to them?? no one really knows. But to answer your question about the nervous system, I would say that the reason we over tax our CNS is due to the strees we put on it in the gym...so if we are going to failure all the time, then our CNS is working extremely hard and causing stress on it. With each lift, our nervous system tells each muscle fiber to contract or elongate. For each reaction, there is a charge from the nervous system telling the body what to do...well, the more we do that in one sitting, the more stress is caused. So, the bottom line is the more we work the more stress we put on our CNS and the more it has to work.

I agrea with steak but the way I like think of it as a loop basicaly we recieve a stimilous and it goes to the spine then the brain ( This realy oversimplifying it )and back unless it is an autonomic response. Point us in a general direction to what is confusing you and we will try to help

It is a difficult concept to explain in a brief paragraph but I think the explanations thus far are adequate. However one thing that most people don't realize is that when you tax the CNS with a hard workout it does not recouperate at the same speed as your muscles do; in fact if I am not mistaken it takes 4 times as long. Therefore when you go into the gym the next day and have a hard workout, and then the next, it only compounds the stress; eventually leading to overtraining.

muscle96ss said:
It is a difficult concept to explain in a brief paragraph but I think the explanations thus far are adequate. However one thing that most people don't realize is that when you tax the CNS with a hard workout it does not recouperate at the same speed as your muscles do; in fact if I am not mistaken it takes 4 times as long. Therefore when you go into the gym the next day and have a hard workout, and then the next, it only compounds the stress; eventually leading to overtraining.
not sur eof the 4 times as long figure but it is longer that is true

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity