over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can someone please explain my MRI report for me

Jake LaMotta

Registered
I've had a few shoulder surgeries the last couple of years. I still have some discomfort in my shoulder. I got an MRI taken last week and am not scheduled to see my doctor to go over the report until tommorow. I was wondering if any of you guys can explain to me what this MRI report says.

Here is a copy of my MRI report:

EXAMINATION: MR of the right shoulder

CLINICAL INFORMATION: This is a 28-year old male with right shoulder pain. History of long head biceps tendon tenodesis and pectoralis major tendon tenodesis and repair, acromio-clavicular joint surgery and labral injury and repair. Right anterior shoulder pain.

TECHNICAL FACTORS:
Using the shoulder coil and a 1.5 Tesla GE Signa Horizon Imager a MR examination of the right shoulder was taken. Oblique, coronal, sagittal, and axial images were taken utilizing T1 and FSE proton density, fat suppression, and gradient recalled technique. The patient received Magnevist 20 ml intravenously and uneventfully. The study was extended to the insertion of the pectoralis major on the humerus as well as to the region of the biceps tenodesis. MRI of the chest wall was not obtained after Dr. Lee discussed the case with Dr. Dick's office. If there is concern for sternal or clavicular origin injury of the pectoralis major, dedicated chest wall MRI is recommended.

FINDINGS: The patient is status post long head biceps tenodesis adjacent to surgical repair of the pectoralis major tendon at its insertion on the anterior humeral shaft. This is associated with minimal increased signal surrounding the distal pectoralis major tendon insertion with minimal regional contrast enhancement without discrete full-thickness retear of the pectoralis major itself. Findings likely represent some mild inflammatory change.

There is mild to moderate fluid distention of the subacromial-sub deltoid bursa with moderate contrast enhancement compatible with bursitis.

The patient has had prior supraspinatus tendon fixation as evidenced by a screw scar in the humeral head. There is no full-thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon at this time with mild interstitial fraying and bursal surface fraying.

There is extensive degeneration of the glenoid labrum which demonstrates multiple anterior and posterior scar for screw sites in the bony glenoid. This is associated with mild cartilage thinning and irregularity of the bony glenoid and and humeral head with questionable early osteophyte formation. The acromio-clavicular joint demonstrates some postsurgical changes. When compared to the prior right shoulder MRI of 11/23/2007 and 12/12/2007, no significant interval change of the pectoralis major or biceps tendon repair is identified.

IMPRESSION:

1. Status post biceps tenodesis which is adjacent to pectoralis major tendon repair at its insertion on the anterior humeral shaft. This is associated with minimal increased signal and enhancement in this region likely related to mild inflammatory change. There is no full-thickness retear of the pectoralis major or biceps tendon.

2. Mild to moderate subacromial-subdeltoid bursitis with associated regional postsurgical change at the acromio-clavicular joint.

3. Supraspinatus tendinopathy with fraying with adjacent fixation screw in the humeral head.

4. Mild diffuse degeneration of the glenoid labrum which is associated with mild cartilage thinning of the glenoid and humeral head and questionable early osteophyte formation. (Status post multiple screw scar fixation sites identified) Findings are compatible with mild osteoarthritic change.

I hear that a doctor might be able to explain this. I doubt a bodybuilding board is the place to look for a competant explanation.

I hear that a doctor might be able to explain this. I doubt a bodybuilding board is the place to look for a competant explanation.

Instead of making wise cracks, why don't you read closer next time:

I've had a few shoulder surgeries the last couple of years. I still have some discomfort in my shoulder. I got an MRI taken last week and am not scheduled to see my doctor to go over the report until tommorow. I was wondering if any of you guys can explain to me what this MRI report says.

looks like they are gonna amputate...

IMPRESSION:

1. Status post biceps tenodesis which is adjacent to pectoralis major tendon repair at its insertion on the anterior humeral shaft. This is associated with minimal increased signal and enhancement in this region likely related to mild inflammatory change. There is no full-thickness retear of the pectoralis major or biceps tendon.
MILD INFLAMMATION OF THE BICEP TENDON WHERE IT INSERTS INTO THE UPPER ARM/SHOULDER JOINT

2. Mild to moderate subacromial-subdeltoid bursitis with associated regional postsurgical change at the acromio-clavicular joint.

MILD TO MODERATE BURSITIS AT THE CLAVICAL FROM SURGERY

3. Supraspinatus tendinopathy with fraying with adjacent fixation screw in the humeral head.
INFLAMMATION OF THE SUPRASPINATUS TENDON (ONE OF THE 4 ROTATOR MUSCLES) WITH FRAYING NEXT TO A SCREW IN YOUR ARM.

4. Mild diffuse degeneration of the glenoid labrum which is associated with mild cartilage thinning of the glenoid and humeral head and questionable early osteophyte formation. (Status post multiple screw scar fixation sites identified) Findings are compatible with mild osteoarthritic change.[/I]

MILD DEGENERATION (wear and tear) OF PART OF THE SHOULDER STRUCTURE ALONG WITH MILD CARTILAGE THINNING WHERE THE SHOULDER MEETS THE ARM. EARY BONE SPURT (OSTEOPHYTE) FORMATION.

BASICALLY YOUR SHOULDER TENDONS, CARTILAGE AND BURSA HAVE MILD TO MODERATE INFLAMMATION ALONG WITH SOME DEGENERATION OF THE SHOULDER JOINT......BASICALLY DUE TO PREVIOUS DAMAGE YOUR SHOULDER IS WORE OUT PLUS YOU HAVE SOME INFLAMMATION OF SEVERAL STRUCTURES DUE TO YOUR SURGERIES.

MMMMM

IT ALSO APPEARS THAT THERE MAY BE A TENTATIVE FLARE UP OF THE TEMPERAMENTAL LOBE IF ACCOSTED WITH PAINFULLY OBVIOUS ADVICE FROM NON LICENSED UNPROFESSIONALS.

There is mild to moderate fluid distention of the subacromial-sub deltoid bursa with moderate contrast enhancement compatible with bursitis.

-Rotator cuff tear/tendonitis AKA inflammation

Above descriptions bascially cover it, but I would like to know, why is your shoulder so fucked up? Were you in an accident?

bigtwig

Don't listen to anyone that isn't a doctor. Only someone qualified should be trying to explain it to you. Make sure you go to a good ortho, one that is sports related too. There is a huge difference between average and excellent doctors. Research if you have to, if your'e from Mass I can recommend and excellent doctor.

Where did it say rotator cuff tear in the MRI report? I don't see it

I have a meeting with my doc tommorow.

I have 3 questions:

1. Are my weightlifting days over?

2. What about boxing? Will I ever be able to hit a heavy bag again?

3. Would taking something like Animal Flex help?

I have a bad feeling tommorow my doc is gonna tell me my working out days are over.

Bro, after all the surgeries you have been through with the most recent being less than 2 months ago, the MRI report says absolutely NOTHING!!!! Your doc is going to need to look at the films himself to make any sense of it. The only thing of importance that it does say is that you have inflammation in the subacromial space which I already told you was the problem before; doesn't look like the surgery has helped with that.

Have you had an X-ray? The "supraspanatis tendonopathy" is what my MRI said before I got an X-ray, turned out I have calcific tendonitis(calcium on the supraspinatis tendon).

Where did it say rotator cuff tear in the MRI report? I don't see it

Learned in first semester of med school(in VA)- that it is a good indication especially for lifters. Not done with schooling yet, but I agree with your previous post that's why I helped the kid a little and stayed out of specifics and kept it short.

Send us naked pictures of your girlfriend or wife in case you don't make it....:D :D :D :D

damn Jake

It sounds like had some injuries in the past. I doubt the doc will say you can't lift anymore, but you'll most likely be dealing with some discomfort. Let us know what he says.....

Mainevent is right. So you had a pec major repair (sounds like the fixation they used to repair the pec is irritating the tissue around it...not a big deal..again seen it alot)and they cut your bicep tendon where exits the bicepital groove. Seen that done 100 times. No big deal it will scar in.

Basically, your lifting days are not over by far, but as you get older you may need to look into a shoulder/glenoid resurfacing or possibly a total shoulder...worst case.

You'll be fine.

The MRI didn't say anything about a Rotator cuff tear. Just inflamation. You may need a subacromial decrompression. Very common.

Don't listen to anyone that isn't a doctor. Only someone qualified should be trying to explain it to you. Make sure you go to a good ortho, one that is sports related too. There is a huge difference between average and excellent doctors. Research if you have to, if your'e from Mass I can recommend and excellent doctor.

LOL....i think im qualified to give a medical opinion and review of his MRI.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131