over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can steroids cause Hypothyroidism?

Zarati

Registered
I started testosterone again 100mg a week, trt style (3 weeks in), TSH has gone up to 2.5

Short answer, yes. At that dose, I wouldn't think so. Aside from that, a tsh of 2.5 is not hypo. Above 3.0 is hypo but even then, tsh is not really what you should be using to judge hypothyroidism, free t3 is the most important but one should test tsh, free t4, and free t3. Most endos just test tsh, t4, and t3, not free t4 and free t3 which basically makes the lab work a waste of money.

I've put a ton of research into the thyroid, it's amazing what an impact the thyroid has on the body, unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that are hypo with a cascade of symptoms while the docs tell them they are fine because they get stuck on these stupid lab ranges that are way too broad.

Read bullet point number 4 https://chriskresser.com/5-thyroid-patterns-that-wont-show-up-on-standard-lab-tests/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Short answer, yes. At that dose, I wouldn't think so. Aside from that, a tsh of 2.5 is not hypo. Above 3.0 is hypo but even then, tsh is not really what you should be using to judge hypothyroidism, free t3 is the most important but one should test tsh, free t4, and free t3. Most endos just test tsh, t4, and t3, not free t4 and free t3 which basically makes the lab work a waste of money.

I've put a ton of research into the thyroid, it's amazing what an impact the thyroid has on the body, unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that are hypo with a cascade of symptoms while the docs tell them they are fine because they get stuck on these stupid lab ranges that are way too broad.

Read bullet point number 4 https://chriskresser.com/5-thyroid-patterns-that-wont-show-up-on-standard-lab-tests/

I believe this is why we see a pattern of some of these " coaches" or gurus adding small doses of cytomel to most cycles.. I have talked recently to a trainer in Europe ( some here woukd know him) and he adds 12.5 to 25mcg of t3 to every cycle.. he claims it gets rid of the lethargy of using higher androgens and keeps appetite high etc.

Can you both expand more on this? Why does the European trainer add t3 to every cycle? Are you saying that a lot of us might have thyroid issues but due to lack in the medical community it’s not properly diagnosed? What are the acceptable ranges and what should be tested to determine this?

i think its an older idea actually.
if i remember correct too this is done with hgh after a certian point if the athlete decides to stay on but its not long.

really dont remember who/what/where/why but exact same info in terms of dose and t3 though i feel like there had been some back and forth on t3 vs t4 but that could also have been differnet thing..:star-:ars

I believe this is why we see a pattern of some of these " coaches" or gurus adding small doses of cytomel to most cycles.. I have talked recently to a trainer in Europe ( some here woukd know him) and he adds 12.5 to 25mcg of t3 to every cycle.. he claims it gets rid of the lethargy of using higher androgens and keeps appetite high etc.

Why only 12.5 to 25 mcg though? Or does he believe the ensuing hypothyroidism is that bad that those (natural level replacement) dosages would already cut it?

Essentially the reasoning is 2 fold.. one , he believes that long term steroid use lowers thyroid output.. we have seen quite a few post their blood work on here over the years and the t3 tends to be low on quite a few.. now add in hgh and the output can be further effected..

Secondly to combat this in the off season he likes to add small amounts of t3 to get it back into high normal ranges.. by adding 12 mcg he believes we arent shutting down our own production of t3 but adding to it. . Aiding it in as sense.. it also helps body comp in a high caloric off season.. assimilation ect.. he saves high dose t3 (25 mcg and over) for contest prep..

Accrual of size throughout the years, and the maintenance of that size can cause poor thyroid function over time. It is not uncommon for many to require thyroid hormone therapy later in life if a significant amount of tissue has been obtained.

Essentially the reasoning is 2 fold.. one , he believes that long term steroid use lowers thyroid output.. we have seen quite a few post their blood work on here over the years and the t3 tends to be low on quite a few.. now add in hgh and the output can be further effected..

Secondly to combat this in the off season he likes to add small amounts of t3 to get it back into high normal ranges.. by adding 12 mcg he believes we arent shutting down our own production of t3 but adding to it. . Aiding it in as sense.. it also helps body comp in a high caloric off season.. assimilation ect.. he saves high dose t3 (25 mcg and over) for contest prep..

Does a low dose of t3, say 12mcg effect natural growth output upon cessation of the t3? And what test should I take to determine if I am deficient? Thanks LATS

Does a low dose of t3, say 12mcg effect natural growth output upon cessation of the t3? And what test should I take to determine if I am deficient? Thanks LATS

I asked this same thing to my physician once when we discussed hypothyroidism since I was convinced I had it.. he stated that a dose that low would not shut down thyroid.. I have looked at numerous other artickecthat essentially had the same thought process.. it would just add to it.. now is this set in stone ? No.. but there have been others on various sites dedicated to thyroid use that have tests done that proves it.. the tests I requested was a free t3 qnd reverse t3 .. but there are tests that cover the whole range of t3 that can easily be done

I asked this same thing to my physician once when we discussed hypothyroidism since I was convinced I had it.. he stated that a dose that low would not shut down thyroid.. I have looked at numerous other artickecthat essentially had the same thought process.. it would just add to it.. now is this set in stone ? No.. but there have been others on various sites dedicated to thyroid use that have tests done that proves it.. the tests I requested was a free t3 qnd reverse t3 .. but there are tests that cover the whole range of t3 that can easily be done

i may be being stupid but... lol
might this have something to do with the debate and or thought over t4 vs t3 in that the small dose of t4 actually helps natty thyroid as its converted to t3?
i could be cofusing something else but...?

this like the roladex of antiquity of internet steroid lore. lol:headbang:

might this have something to do with the debate and or thought over t4 vs t3 in that the small dose of t4 actually helps natty thyroid as its converted to t3?

good point, i like using t4 even more if hgh is used

T4 converts to t3 and reverse t3. The body will not convert more t4 to t3 if it doesnt need more t3, it will convert it to rt3 and there is a theory that rt3 can occupy the t3 receptor blocking t3 from being used, resulting in symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I have also seen studies that say if one takes t3 at a lower dose than the body produces, that the thyroid will not shutdown but will just produce less hormone to make up the difference.

I got blood work again, it's down to 1.2. i think hormones fluctuating caused the TSH to go up

Now it's dropped my HDL by 7 points

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear