advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can you compete in 2 wt classes in npc show?

npcout

Board Supporter
Registered
Board Supporter
This may sound stupid, hear me out haha. I am a welterweight at the national level, im 5`2, so very short. I need to re-qualify, the show I plan to re qualify at is a large show, and has a welterweight class, which I will enter in an attempt to re-qualify. Typically though, the class has like 1 or 2 competitors.

Being short, I have competed as a middleweight before at national qualifiers and won. I am a competitor, I want to compete, I want to battle on stage, and have all the confidence standing on stage as a middleweight in a qualifier, by no means at the national level though.

When I do the show, if the welterweight class has like 1 or 2 guys in it, can I ask and pay to also compete in the middleweight class, so I could be doing both mens open welterweight, and middleweight? There middleweight class is typically large 14+ competitors.

I am not confident enough to just do middleweights and place top 2 at this show, because I am truly a welterweight or a very light middleweight.

Last welterweight show i did had 3 guys.. it was clearly obviously i won, both guys looked like they just hoped on stage, no tan, no dieting lol.. the judges ran us through the min amount of poses and called them out in 2 seconds.. I never even got to fully hit poses because they just rushed us right off. Its no fun dieting for 16 weeks and just stand up on stage briefly doing nothing.

Generally speaking, I dont think so.

What I would do if I were you would be talk to the promoter and see if he will allow you to compete as a MW even though you weigh what a welter would weigh.

why dont u put on more weight and just compete in middle all u need to be at is 154 for middle.middle is 154 to 176 1/4

why dont u put on more weight and just compete in middle all u need to be at is 154 for middle.middle is 154 to 176 1/4

He said this show has a welterweight class, that class is 154 to 165 I believe. Then 165-176 1/2 or whatever is middleweight.

He said this show has a welterweight class, that class is 154 to 165 I believe. Then 165-176 1/2 or whatever is middleweight.

Correct.. middleweight starts at over 165 1/4.

I could solely compete as a middleweight, but I would be risking a national welterweight qualification.

Pretty sure that wont be allowed, you can crossover and do mens physique I think...err...:confused:

Correct.. middleweight starts at over 165 1/4.

I could solely compete as a middleweight, but I would be risking a national welterweight qualification.

A national qualification is a national qualification.. You can qualify as a MW and compete as a welterweight on the national stage.

If you truly think you're good enough you shouldn't even be saying "But I would be risking a national qualificaiton" and if you are nervous about that then compete in the welterweight class

1. You can qualify in one weight class, and compete in another. It doesn't matter.

2. If I was the promoter of the show, I wouldn't let you compete in more than one weight class. If you want to be a middleweight, weigh in as a middleweight. If you want competition, do a national level show.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws