YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can you get prescribed trt without coming off?

An interesting issue I ran into having a TRT doctor out of state last year

The Publix pharmacy refused to fill my Testosterone prescription. Their explanation was that because it's a controlled substance it should be filled only if it's by a provider I have actual physical face to face contact with.

This even after I told my Dr. He even got on a Zoom call on my phone and I handed it to the pharmacy tech. The pharmacy tech proudly and definently told my Dr. they don't encourage out of state controlled substance prescriptions because the potential for abuse and addiction.

Then again I live in state where people believe their God tells them no alcohol before noon on Sundays or they go to hell or something. Yet they practically mainline sweet tea that's so full of sugar the liquid is in slow motion like one of those snow globes you shake as a kid during the Holidays. And deep fried everything is a food group but I digress.

My Dr. was polite and explained that he wasn't a drug dealer and I wasn't a drug addict. And also explained that in all the Publix pharmacies along the east coast he has Rx's filled this is the first and only location that brought this up.

Called the Walgreen's pharmacy across the street. As in literally just walking across the street from Publix to Walgreen's

10 minutes later I had my Rx's filled with no questions no problems.

Gotta love when pharmacists play doctor! That’s a HUGE pet peeve of mine!!!!! You’re job is to fill what’s been prescribed and nothing else! The doctor I paid/saw/talked to already consulted me on all the issues. So do your job now and fill what’s on the screen dammit!!!!!

Cage

T'is called Hormone REPLACEMENT therapy.

You can try running something other than test, but there is always a chance it may cause a false reading on the bloodwork. Or use a fast acting test that will clear faster, get your bloodwork, then get back on quickly. You may need to take 2 blood test to confirm levels are low, i took my second test a week later.

I had to come off for bloodwork, i think i waited 4 weeks for my levels to clear, before getting tested. I also had hernia surgery and was out of the gym. I ended up losing 10 lbs real quick. But it was more like lose 20lb lean mass and gain 10lbs fat. It was a horrible experience.
I had to come off for like 4 weeks also to get trt

My test was low from years of gear use but my doc wouldn't prescribe TRT until I was below 250ng/dl. So I injected 50mg of NPP sub-Q, went back around 10 days later and measured 54ng/dl. Mission accomplished.

Just come off for a month and get blood work done then.It’s what you really need to do. You’ll live it won’t be that bad. You get gyno when you come off?? But not while your on? That’s weird

I came off for four weeks, tested as expected in the fckn tank, prescribed TRT same day and been on for a decade almost. Most general physicians know Jack shit about good TRT protocol, but they also barely read the blood test beyond Total Testosterone and you’ll at least get pharma Test that’s covered by insurance.

If your worried about gyno just run an ai If your really worried have some raloxifiene on hand. I personally never had gyno from coming off as I still cycle and pct. Actually I wouldn’t even worry about an ai and nolvadex by itself should prevent it.

Most trt doctors like to run bloods every 6 weeks for a while so it is a bit trickier than you think. You might want to dial it back for a while.

Most trt doctors like to run bloods every 6 weeks for a while so it is a bit trickier than you think. You might want to dial it back for a while.
As he asked the question over a year ago i would guess he has it figured out by now.

Just come off for a month and get blood work done then.It’s what you really need to do. You’ll live it won’t be that bad. You get gyno when you come off?? But not while your on? That’s weird
If not for the TRT attempt, he could be coming off with nolvadex. That would stop that gyno in it's tracks and maybe push the HPTA a little. I come off TRT for a month or a bit more at a time periodically. I really don't see the big deal. I crash a little bit and then back on so hardly a difference and it seems to keep my blood work good and my androgen circuits more sensitive.

Four weeks and your levels are low> I went to refill mine and they gave me 10 1ml bottles witch is more money. I asked them to change it the said no said some BS that it goes bad. Called another one they said same thing

Trying to do it the right way is sometimes a pain in the ass. Be n dealing with the infighting between my endocrinologist and my hematologist. E do wants blood letting before she will put me back on test due to high hematocrit /red count but hematologist doesn’t want to do blood letting due to lack of a medical influence. Says it’s just my body’s way of saying it needs the higher levels. I’m pretty much done with both of them. I can teach my wife to due therapeutic blood letting and we all know we can run trt on our own. We just have to be mindful of labs.

On reflection after 9 years on prescribed TRT I don't know if it was worth it. I never got more than 100 mg/w, which at this point has me in the 200s by the end of the week. The only real advantage is that I ahve to go in for blood work once a year so I make sure I have behaved myself for 2-3 months beforehand so it forces me to not play around with my tool box. Other than that it's just about useless. If you're going to have a toolbox, which is in the black area and therefore illegal depending on your location in the world, there is really no legal advantage. in fact, if you don't behave your medical records are going to show some values that could raise some flags. I am leaning more towards just doing it on my own at this point since I do my own blood work 2-3 times a year and pretty much behave myself. Strangely enough, I have been competely off for 2 months and my test levels are 350 ng/dL so chances are I could probably recover into the mid 500s like i did 9 years ago after a year if I gave it time so.. there you go. And before any of you brainiacs claim that my esters are still clearing, I do bloods every 2-3 weeks while coming off and watch it hit the ~100 n/g mark after 3-4 weeks off. So, no my esters are not still clearing.

On reflection after 9 years on prescribed TRT I don't know if it was worth it. I never got more than 100 mg/w, which at this point has me in the 200s by the end of the week. The only real advantage is that I ahve to go in for blood work once a year so I make sure I have behaved myself for 2-3 months beforehand so it forces me to not play around with my tool box. Other than that it's just about useless. If you're going to have a toolbox, which is in the black area and therefore illegal depending on your location in the world, there is really no legal advantage. in fact, if you don't behave your medical records are going to show some values that could raise some flags. I am leaning more towards just doing it on my own at this point since I do my own blood work 2-3 times a year and pretty much behave myself. Strangely enough, I have been competely off for 2 months and my test levels are 350 ng/dL so chances are I could probably recover into the mid 500s like i did 9 years ago after a year if I gave it time so.. there you go. And before any of you brainiacs claim that my esters are still clearing, I do bloods every 2-3 weeks while coming off and watch it hit the ~100 n/g mark after 3-4 weeks off. So, no my esters are not still clearing.
While i understand your thinking. I don't know if i would say that TRT is not worth it for you. But that it may not be worth it through that Dr. Being OK with levels of 200 is not OK with many Dr.'s

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131