advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can you legitimately get big while using Intermittent Fasting as your diet?

My thinking is staying lean is more about managing insulin than anything else. You can eat whenever but if you try to time your insulinogenic meals appropriately you can stay lean.

Problem is to get big you want insulin forcing nutrients into the muscle, this could ""possibly"" be achieved by limiting carbs for periods while utilizing insulinogenic proteins to drive growth.

Just my thinking, I'm not trying to be huge. My goal is about 200-210 shredded.

More about managing calories. Eat just enough to gain 2 lb a month and get Stronger at same time. Lean gains regardless of timing. Your body is contentious adding fat and breaking fat down. You just need to break more down in 24 hours than you add to get lean. I cut on 500 carbs and every meal has carbs. My body's pumping insulin all day. If I flatten out iv shot 20iu humalog with my half a box of rice krisbies post workout. Fat drops fast as I'm in a deficit. I don't worry about insulin exept making sure I get enough, be it endogenous or exogenous.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I like a 12 hour feeding window on off days. Pin hgh, do cardio at 8am. Fast till 10am. Eat at 10, 2, 6, 10pm. 60-70g protein per meal, trace carbs, EFAs. Good recomp tool if you eat at maintaince or a little above on training days. But only 2-3 days a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just leave this here as food for thought.

In 216 AD someone modeled for this statue. While not built like today's bbing standarts, whomever modeled for the Farnese Hercules was still built to the hilt. I have a hard time believing that whomever that person was, he was eating 6-7 meals a day and getting some protein shakes in. A decent meal back then was bread and vinegar and some meat thrown in with loads of wine.

I'm not an advocate of IF or fad diets. Think it's stupid. However for those looking to get a respectable physique (let me emphasize I'm not addressing those going for bodybuilding), I don't think it matters how the hell you eat or get your kcals; as long as you put in the work. (The example of dudes in prison getting yoked on poptarts and nutraloaf also fits here I suppose)

However, there's no going wrong with the proven methods, 5-6 meals a day, etc. It's what every giant ass dude out there did and does. The whole argument about IF is that it's comfortable to eat that way. This is kinda stupid as the whole thing behind lifting is getting out of your comfort zone.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
IF and iifym just over complicate things in my opinion. I prefer the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)

IF and iifym just over complicate things in my opinion. I prefer the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)

It's not that complicated to swap food choices of similar or identical macronutrient content (for IIFYM, say 1 cup of white rice instead of 1 cup of brown rice) or eating 2 or 3 meals in an eight hour window (IF).

IF can actually simplify life.

It's not that complicated to swap food choices of similar or identical macronutrient content (for IIFYM, say 1 cup of white rice instead of 1 cup of brown rice) or eating 2 or 3 meals in an eight hour window (IF).

im literally hungry all day from my training and job, so fasting just sucks for me.

Some people think IIFYM means swapping 1 cup of white rice for 1 cup of ice cream.

It depends. With a 20 hour fast 4 hour feed not a chance in hell. 12 hour fast n 12 feed works well though. Last meal 10-11pm then fast for a few hours in the am. Would be perfect time to shoot some hgh or peptides and do some fasted cardio.

Prob not gonna reach new weight limits but could defo recomp on a set up like that

I have tried the 16hr fasting. Getting lean It works great but even with an increase in calories LBM is hard to put on.

The 12/12 work well for me, I do have a slow metabolism so it may not work for everyone, but if everything(calories, macros, hormones) is adequate I put on lean tissue just as easily. But this only equates to not eating for 2 hours after waking.

I have tried the 16hr fasting. Getting lean It works great but even with an increase in calories LBM is hard to put on.

The 12/12 work well for me, I do have a slow metabolism so it may not work for everyone, but if everything(calories, macros, hormones) is adequate I put on lean tissue just as easily. But this only equates to not eating for 2 hours after waking.

Working well for me so far about as much as I'd like to fast tho defo lol

More about managing calories. Eat just enough to gain 2 lb a month and get Stronger at same time. Lean gains regardless of timing. Your body is contentious adding fat and breaking fat down. You just need to break more down in 24 hours than you add to get lean. I cut on 500 carbs and every meal has carbs. My body's pumping insulin all day. If I flatten out iv shot 20iu humalog with my half a box of rice krisbies post workout. Fat drops fast as I'm in a deficit. I don't worry about insulin exept making sure I get enough, be it endogenous or exogenous.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Well if your active enough nothing matters, you literally can't eat enough to gain anything, fat or muscle. I was that way when I was working my ass off doing physical labor 6 days a week.

I used to bring a gallon of whole milk to work everyday, this project manager ask me how I could drink that and stay in "shape". LOL just work like a maniac and nothing matters.

Last edited:
Lol at no one makes progress using some sort of fasting approach. Adding 30lbs in 8 weeks. Done it while doing IF. The results were as expected lots of water and glycogen and some muscle. Slowing it down to a 10lb gain over the last year never losing a 6 pack. I call that progress.

If you dont have an appetite limiting a feeding window is dumb. Me I can eat 6k in a couple hours and thats rice and eggs. And i am starving jsut after. I can fast all i want but as soon as i eat game over. So as usual it can work but not for everyone pretty simple

Lol at no one makes progress using some sort of fasting approach. Adding 30lbs in 8 weeks. Done it while doing IF. The results were as expected lots of water and glycogen and some muscle. Slowing it down to a 10lb gain over the last year never losing a 6 pack. I call that progress.

If you dont have an appetite limiting a feeding window is dumb. Me I can eat 6k in a couple hours and thats rice and eggs. And i am starving jsut after. I can fast all i want but as soon as i eat game over. So as usual it can work but not for everyone pretty simple

30lbs in 8 weeks???

as an 18 year old 135lb untrained newb or what?

Are you seriously asking if by basically just simply skipping breakfast and keeping things simplistic ( basically what IF promote) , will work?

No bro, you gotta eat at least EVERY 2-3 hrs, but phuck that I'm even more bro then that I'm eating every 45 mins, and when sleeping I set my alarm for every 1 hr 30 mins during each sleep cycle to also wake up and eat. I gotta "feed the fire" ROFL, gotta keep my metabolism running and I NEED aminos flowing through me constantly otherwise ...... I'll go catabolic because we all know you can't gain muscle if you don't constantly feed your body.

Also don't forget if you don't take your pre workout , intra workout , and post workout shake then you might as well just not even workout . Also remember if you're not doing empty stomach cardio then just don't do any cardio at all .

Another quick tip, don't ever do anything that's even the slightest bit labor intensive , it will ruin your gains and totally interfere with bodybuilding , like don't ever take the stairs take the escalator on leg day. :eek::eek::eek:

FFS the answer is simple, can you eat more calories then your maintenance within a certain time frame ? If not then no , unless "assisted" or you have freak genetics / new to lifting, nothing will build muscle if you're not eating more then maintenance no matter what time you eat.

Last edited:
IF seems like something I could stick with, but just curious of other experience with this diet and gaining size??

Relatively big yes you can

If you can get in 3 large meals to fit your requirement within say 16 hours - you can get big.....to suggest otherwise shows a lack of understanding on how the bodyworks and how BroScience has surfaced and taken over science and research.

Try it......

thats the best way to see..........

many that just say no straight away come from the 5-7 meals a day school of nutrition...which also works......but at what cost?

I had great results getting lean with IF. It was definitely more convenient to eat once a day. And cheaper. A lot cheaper.

But for getting big, I don't think it would work well. Of course 'big' is subjective, but for people on this board I don't think you could get big.
Why was it cheaper? You're suppose to eat the same food, just in a meal or few meals, instead of spread throughout the day.

In other words, you'd eat the exact same thing on IF diet as you would regular "bodybuilder" diet of eating every 2 - 3 hours.

If you are an endomoprh, I'd say it's possible

Why was it cheaper? You're suppose to eat the same food, just in a meal or few meals, instead of spread throughout the day.

In other words, you'd eat the exact same thing on IF diet as you would regular "bodybuilder" diet of eating every 2 - 3 hours.

Well IF is kind of an umbrella term, there are several ways to do it. Eat-stop-eat, the warrior diet, 16-8, etc.

I only ate one meal a day with a protein shake before and after training which was done during lunch hour. Meal was dinner eaten around 6pm. Consisted of half a chicken, whole grapefruit, 1-2oz cheddar cheese, 2 eggs. I think that was it actually. Obviously much cheaper than standard dieting.

I started a thread with before and after pictures actually. I wasn't on any supplements at the time and I lost 20lbs in a month and measurements of body parts either stayed the same or slightly increased. I also got stronger on my lifts during this time.

IF definitely has some merits, but for the size most guys here are chasing it probably isn't the best choice.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws