Cancer and PEDs

Hermogenes

Registered
Newbies
My mother died of cancer, her father as well and 2 other siblings as well
Tow cousins from the same side of the family had it and are in remissions
None of my brothers had it and we are all 50+yo
On the other side of the family no know cancer issues
As I age I am more and more interested in using low dose PEDs (steroids, Sarms, peptides, HGH) at small doses just to feel good and look decent
I was thinking of doing 10-20 mg Test + 1 iu HGH for at least one month, check side effects and them decide what do to (Continue, up the doses, move on to something else)
My knoledge of PEDS is basic and maybe outdated hence I am here to ask: is there evidence that any of those drugs may increase the risk of cancer development?

My mother died of cancer, her father as well and 2 other siblings as well
Tow cousins from the same side of the family had it and are in remissions
None of my brothers had it and we are all 50+yo
On the other side of the family no know cancer issues
As I age I am more and more interested in using low dose PEDs (steroids, Sarms, peptides, HGH) at small doses just to feel good and look decent
I was thinking of doing 10-20 mg Test + 1 iu HGH for at least one month, check side effects and them decide what do to (Continue, up the doses, move on to something else)
My knoledge of PEDS is basic and maybe outdated hence I am here to ask: is there evidence that any of those drugs may increase the risk of cancer development?

I don’t think there’s any risk of increasing cancer development solely from PEDs, but what I do think is that using high doses, especially with HGH increasing IGF-1 if you do have any sort of cancer in your body it will most likely make that grow and exacerbate the issue 10 fold..

You’ve already got quite the family history, I wouldn’t touch anything in high doses for anything in the world if I were you...

I don’t think TRT levels or testosterone (800-1,000 range) would cause any major health issues... MAYBE just MAYBE if you get a baseline IGF-1 test and you take JUST ENOUGH HGH to be within the normal IGF range but get a little boost you may not have an issue...

But with your family history I would be getting screenings AT LEAST every 6 months to be sure, regardless of AAS/PEDs or not...

I don’t think there’s any risk of increasing cancer development solely from PEDs, but what I do think is that using high doses, especially with HGH increasing IGF-1 if you do have any sort of cancer in your body it will most likely make that grow and exacerbate the issue 10 fold..

You’ve already got quite the family history, I wouldn’t touch anything in high doses for anything in the world if I were you...

I don’t think TRT levels or testosterone (800-1,000 range) would cause any major health issues... MAYBE just MAYBE if you get a baseline IGF-1 test and you take JUST ENOUGH HGH to be within the normal IGF range but get a little boost you may not have an issue...

But with your family history I would be getting screenings AT LEAST every 6 months to be sure, regardless of AAS/PEDs or not...
Heavy cycles are completely out of question for me.
My doc is aware of my family history and I remind him every year, in the last 12 months I have already been screaned for colon, kidney and prostate cancer, it is unlikely that I get skin cancer dur to family history as well and I live a healthy lifestyle.

I have seen numerous studies linking HGH to increased cancer. risk HGH helps cells grow and divide. And can do the same for cancerous cells it seems. PEDS that help mimic HGH may well do the same thing. My likely hood of cancer from my lifestyle as well as genetics is very low so so i am not to worried about cancer with HRT. According to studies lifestyle is a bigger deciding factor for most is they are likely to get cancer.

I have seen numerous studies linking HGH to increased cancer. risk HGH helps cells grow and divide. And can do the same for cancerous cells it seems. PEDS that help mimic HGH may well do the same thing. My likely hood of cancer from my lifestyle as well as genetics is very low so so i am not to worried about cancer with HRT. According to studies lifestyle is a bigger deciding factor for most is they are likely to get cancer.

Can you post said studies??

I’ve never seen a study showing HGH increasing cancer... Increased rates of cancer growth if you already have cancer and you used GH? Sure? But you wrote increased cancer rates...

Even in studies of people who produce too much GH, they only had slight difference in colon cancer, but there was nothing definitive showing they had higher rates of cancer because they had higher GH levels...

Yes some of the studies seem contradictory it seems but there are no good studies long term especially for anti-aging/bodybuilding purposes. I should have used the word literature and not studies in my original post to be more accurate. So please excuse the the misuse of terminology.

Can you post said studies??

I’ve never seen a study showing HGH increasing cancer... Increased rates of cancer growth if you already have cancer and you used GH? Sure? But you wrote increased cancer rates...

Even in studies of people who produce too much GH, they only had slight difference in colon cancer, but there was nothing definitive showing they had higher rates of cancer because they had higher GH levels...

There is a population study in a South American country (I do not remember now but it will not cost you much to find it), an Indian tribe / race where there is no cancer or diabetes, etc ..., the people are short as hell and produce little or no GH.

There is a population study in a South American country (I do not remember now but it will not cost you much to find it), an Indian tribe / race where there is no cancer or diabetes, etc ..., the people are short as hell and produce little or no GH.

Wouldn’t we have seen more cancer from the pros of the 90s? Most of the deaths have been heart related - but I can’t really think of any bbers who have died of cancer. Not saying there isn’t or that there’s no connection - but I can’t think of any at the moment

Wouldn’t we have seen more cancer from the pros of the 90s? Most of the deaths have been heart related - but I can’t really think of any bbers who have died of cancer. Not saying there isn’t or that there’s no connection - but I can’t think of any at the moment
You are correct in that sense, but since my knowledge is outdated and my genetic roll of dice is quite peculiar I am being extra cautious

Farah got cancer, Dennis Newman a rare form of leukemia. I don't remember anyone else.

Lyle Alzado said the PEDS he took caused his cancer and HGH was supposedly one of them. But his DR. didn't agree as no studies prove it. Look at other sports as well as many use HGH as much as BBer's do.

Lyle Alzado said the PEDS he took caused his cancer and HGH was supposedly one of them. But his DR. didn't agree as no studies prove it. Look at other sports as well as many use HGH as much as BBer's do.
As far as I know gh doesn't cause cancer, it accelerates the growth of malign cells and tumours not giving the body enough time to get rid of them

My only comment relative to cancer and PED's is that if testosterone is in
the mix, and you have prostate cancer, testosterone is food for the cancer
but it did not cause cancer in and of itself. It must pre-exist. At what level
I have not a clue.

Just something to keep an eye on if prostate cancer, at any level, runs in the
family as it does in mine.

ped's mostly work largely by increasing igf-1 , which will accelerate growth of many cell, whether it will actually affect a particular user cancer is total speculation but user should just think that if cancer does happen , is it worth forever wondering if ped's caused it.

As far as I know gh doesn't cause cancer, it accelerates the growth of malign cells and tumours not giving the body enough time to get rid of them
The body just doesn't even realize the cells are cancerous and just views them as the body's own cell at times. And the T cells then don't attack the cancer causing it to flourish is the problem from what i understand. My X was a molecular biologist that was working on treatments to modify T cells so they would actually recognize the cancer as a foreign substance and kill it so chemo would not be needed.

Good ol genetics is the biggest factor with cancer by far. All other factors have very little bearing.
If you have the genetic markers which predispose you to cellular neoplasm, chances are you'll end up with some type of cancer at some point in your life.
For the lucky ones, all the cigarettes and GH in the world will never cause you to get cancer.
Not to say we should live recklessly, but in my opinion, Environmental contributing factors are blown out of proportion with regard to cancer.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws