over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cancer and PEDs

Heavy cycles are completely out of question for me.
My doc is aware of my family history and I remind him every year, in the last 12 months I have already been screaned for colon, kidney and prostate cancer, it is unlikely that I get skin cancer dur to family history as well and I live a healthy lifestyle.
How does one get screened for kidney cancer ?

Urine first, if not conclusive ultrasound by a nephrologist
oh interesting. I been doing semi annual ultrasounds on my kidneys as they found a small angiomyolipoma on one of them. It hasn't grown or anything so docs not worried about it.

Good ol genetics is the biggest factor with cancer by far. All other factors have very little bearing.
If you have the genetic markers which predispose you to cellular neoplasm, chances are you'll end up with some type of cancer at some point in your life.
For the lucky ones, all the cigarettes and GH in the world will never cause you to get cancer.
Not to say we should live recklessly, but in my opinion, Environmental contributing factors are blown out of proportion with regard to cancer.
My brother just passed from colon cancer - his doc said this same exact thing as it runs in my family. Outside influences rarely cause it unless it’s already in the family

My brother just passed from colon cancer - his doc said this same exact thing as it runs in my family. Outside influences rarely cause it unless it’s already in the family
Sorry to hear that. How old was he? Did he get any colonoscopies done?

Sorry to hear that. How old was he? Did he get any colonoscopies done?
Thanks for the condolences
He was 61 - very young. But never had a colonoscopy until it was too late.
Me personally have been getting them every 5 years since my 20s (I turn 50 in 2 weeks) I would tell him to get them but he just never did - i have another brother late 50s who just went for one finally for his first one due to my brothers death. Hes fine thank goodness

From all my reading i would disagree with that Dr. as it appears most colon cancer as well as most other cancers acquired the genetic mutations during ones life most likely from their lifestyle. And heredity seems to make up a small %.

"Most gene mutations that lead to cancer are acquired mutations. They happen during a person’s lifetime and are not passed on to their children. These DNA changes affect only cells that come from the original mutated cell.

In most cases of colorectal cancer, the DNA mutations that lead to cancer are acquired during a person’s life rather than having been inherited. Certain risk factors probably play a role in causing these acquired mutations, but so far it’s not known what causes most of them."

There is more cancer now than in the past, which indicates that apart of genetics factor, there are a lot of external factors, pollution, stress ... that contribute to it.

There is more cancer now than in the past, which indicates that apart of genetics factor, there are a lot of external factors, pollution, stress ... that contribute to it.
True. But to be fair people are living longer with less deaths at an early age, surviving infections that used to kill people along with avoiding accidents and better medicine that keeps people alive.

Read The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer written by Siddhartha Mukherjee.

From all my reading i would disagree with that Dr. as it appears most colon cancer as well as most other cancers acquired the genetic mutations during ones life most likely from their lifestyle. And heredity seems to make up a small %.

"Most gene mutations that lead to cancer are acquired mutations. They happen during a person’s lifetime and are not passed on to their children. These DNA changes affect only cells that come from the original mutated cell.

In most cases of colorectal cancer, the DNA mutations that lead to cancer are acquired during a person’s life rather than having been inherited. Certain risk factors probably play a role in causing these acquired mutations, but so far it’s not known what causes most of them."

i def don’t disagree as my brother didn’t have the best diet and didn’t exercise. But then I think, what about those who smoke drink and eat like crap and make it to their 80s-90s

I think also it’s just bad luck
If you live long enough you eventually get cancer…most of the time people die before acquiring it

From all my reading i would disagree with that Dr. asancer as well as most other it appears most colon ccancers acquired he tgenetic mutations during ones life most likely from their lifestyle. And heredity seems to make up a small %.

on the money.

i def don’t disagree as my brother didn’t have the best diet and didn’t exercise. But then I think, what about those who smoke drink and eat like crap and make it to their 80s-90s

If you live long enough you eventually get cancer…most of the time people die before acquiring it

All diseases appear more likely as you age, genetics or chance plays a role, we can only handle a few variables.

Cancer is more difficult to avoid because there are many different types and you cannot know the cause and effect, but heart problems, obesity, high blood pressure or diabetes are relatively easy to prevent if you adopt this lifestyle.

Cancer is more common in obese people, that is another reason to avoid that extra fat in the waist.

Vert true. Those that don't live healthy lives and live longer then most just show they have superior genetics then most i would assume. And could have lived well into their 100's if they had made different choices. Studies that look at identical twins who have the same genetics show that the one with the unhealthiest life style usually has the shortest life span.

I have been in the cancer fight for 2 years now (rectal cancer). Hence my lack of presence here... I have had the max radiation and 2 rounds of chemo of different kinds. My original tumor was 2" and three metastasize lymph nodes so it was Stage III N-2b officially. I have lost 55 lbs so down to 185. And while PEDs didn't get my hair the chemo did :)

I am virtually clear now except for one minor plop which they will remove next week. I fully intend to start back bb as soon as my arse is cleared to go. I imagine only trt for a couple years while we continue evaluation to insure it is all gone. It would be nice to get back into competitive shape however at 63 my chances are limited so I may join the fitness crowd... (not happy) lol I am considering stem cell replacement to begin the transition and get some vitality back. Anyone who has recovery experience would be a great help, especially if you are an ole gizzer like me!

I have been in the cancer fight for 2 years now (rectal cancer). Hence my lack of presence here... I have had the max radiation and 2 rounds of chemo of different kinds. My original tumor was 2" and three metastasize lymph nodes so it was Stage III N-2b officially. I have lost 55 lbs so down to 185. And while PEDs didn't get my hair the chemo did :)

I am virtually clear now except for one minor plop which they will remove next week. I fully intend to start back bb as soon as my arse is cleared to go. I imagine only trt for a couple years while we continue evaluation to insure it is all gone. It would be nice to get back into competitive shape however at 63 my chances are limited so I may join the fitness crowd... (not happy) lol I am considering stem cell replacement to begin the transition and get some vitality back. Anyone who has recovery experience would be a great help, especially if you are an ole gizzer like me!

I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend. Chemo can be pretty rough.

In 2013 I was diagnosed with a Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Liver Cancer) and in 2015 Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. I have been cancer free since 2013 and 2017 respectively.

I utilize a company called "Ezra" for full body MRI scans annually. Monthly blood work. And am using companies such as Grail to run advanced blood screening for cancer (bio)-markers.

I used to run pretty insane dosages and had quite a bit of exposure to less than fantastic chemicals overseas as well as a diet that was less than "healthy" in conjunction with every research peptide under the sun. I am not on prescribed TRT + low dosage add ons here and there and very keen and watchful eyes.

I have done Stem at various clinics both domestically and abroad, actually about to do an exosome procedure on Friday for the first time. Drop me a PM if you need some incite mate.

Great to hear your results PM.... Hopefully all this will be behind me soon. Our stories are similar with the PEDs and I am reasonably sure they were not the leading cause of my cancer. It would be nice to say I had PEDs as the excuse however it is oblivious there are too may factors to ever say definitively that was the cause.

In 2013 I was diagnosed with a Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Liver Cancer) and in 2015 Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. I have been cancer free since 2013 and 2017 respectively.

I utilize a company called "Ezra" for full body MRI scans annually. Monthly blood work. And am using companies such as Grail to run advanced blood screening for cancer (bio)-markers.

I used to run pretty insane dosages and had quite a bit of exposure to less than fantastic chemicals overseas as well as a diet that was less than "healthy" in conjunction with every research peptide under the sun. I am not on prescribed TRT + low dosage add ons here and there and very keen and watchful eyes.
Wow ezra sounds great. Wish my country had this.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131