over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Canned Chicken and Smelly Urine

intensed

Registered
Anyone here eat lots of canned chicken? I know canned chicken has high levels of sodium. I just can't get over the smell of my urine. Anyone know what is causing the smelly urine?

Thanks

Huh, I eat canned chicken and have eaten lots in the past and can't recall every having smelly urine. :confused: What else are you eating? Asparagus?

No

I don't know what is causing my urine to have such a smell from the canned chicken. Its not from eating anything else. When I decide to eat canned chicken I can smell it in my urine within the next 4 hours. Anyone having the same thing? I drink plenty of water during the day.

Anyone here eat lots of canned chicken? I know canned chicken has high levels of sodium. I just can't get over the smell of my urine. Anyone know what is causing the smelly urine?

Thanks

Here's an idea: STOP SMELLING YOUR FREAKIN URINE! :D

Thanks

What are you taking right now, including any OTC supps?

I was running some clen+yohimbine mixed in w/ bulk lipoderm and experienced some quite smelly urine also. It would subside within 2 days after cutting out the supps. I'm positive it was the Clen or Lipoderm that caused this reaction as I have taken Yohimbine before and this never occurred. Only time I have ever taken Lipo or Clen.

Nothing

I'm not on any supplements. Do you think I could be stressing my kidneys out eating 200Grams of protein from canned chicken? The urine smells just like the can of chicken when you open it.

Maybe a sign of stressed kidneys?

Last edited:
Surprisingly, this isn't that uncommon. There is info all over google about it. But no solid answers really. If you don't have a urinalysis done, it's hard to tell exactly what the reason is. It can be anything from the amount of water you are gettin per day (not enough) to urinary tract infection(though unlikely).

I'm not doctor by any means, I would suggest see your family doctor, or maybe someone with a little more insight will chime in.

I get the same thing from canned tuna...I eat one or two cans per day and my urine smells like chicken/tuna for a while afterwards.

through google and other bodybuilding forums I found that many others notice the same thing. I have never really been worried about it.

So, if it makes you feel any better, it is not an uncommon complaint for people to have. In answer to your question though, I do not know what the cause is.

Phosphates?

Could it be the phosphates in the canned chicken?

Ingredients:

White Chicken, 2% or less of salt, modified food starch, sodium, and phosphates

Hey, one thought... do you rinse your chicken before eating it? That may help... I like to try to rinse some of the excess salt out of mine before eating it.

might be something they "preserve" the chicken in for lack of a better word. There is a liquid in the can, right? That might be it, try rinsing it maybe after you drain it

I get the same thing from canned tuna...I eat one or two cans per day and my urine smells like chicken/tuna for a while afterwards.

through google and other bodybuilding forums I found that many others notice the same thing. I have never really been worried about it.

So, if it makes you feel any better, it is not an uncommon complaint for people to have. In answer to your question though, I do not know what the cause is.

was wondering the same thing has been happening to me lately this cycle especially with the tuna not so much with the chicken. i switched from chunk light to chunk white when i really noticed it. Im at the urinal and im what the fuck my pee pee smells like stale cigarettes and tuna.

Is the chicken in Olive Oil? That makes my urine smell wierd. I know when the wife cooks in it when I take a leak.

no Water

Chicken is in water. I buy the walmart brand. I think its Value Time. You get 12.5 OZ for like $2.15. I have tried different brands with same result. I will try rinsing my canned chicken and I will report back.

Thanks for all the replys.

Well lets see. Your urine is a by product of what you ingest. Is it really any wonder that it might actually carry some of that unused product your body felt it doesn't need out of your urine?

I know when I drink Rockstars, my urine instantly turns into something that looks like antifreeze. You'd be surprised how fast some of this stuff can pass through your system.

My opinion. Your carrying the excess water from the chicken out of your urine making it smell like what you've ingested.

Drink more water with it, it should dilute it down.

When I eat canned chicken I get the same thing. My urine actually smells just like the chicken. Always wondered why.

Glad

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I drink about 2 gallons of water throughout the day. I'm starting to get the picture that this is a common problem. Still interested what is causing the smell. I don't have my head in the toilet, the smell is pretty strong.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws