advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cant find rubbing alcohol. Is hand sanitizer or Whiskey good for pre injection cleaning?

I haven't disinfected before a pin in probably 10 years. I feel very irresponsible right now.

I bet they might have the alcohol wipes. The really little ones you use for injections, think thats what they are for. Tiny little squares soaked in isopropyl alcohol. Ive got some from a long time ago around here somewhere. I stocked up with about 4 bottles of the alcohol back in March before this hit.
Get the alcohol wipes. I've used these exclusively for my entire length of time using AAS and I have never had any issues. You can find these at any pharmacy and even most grocery stores.

I haven't disinfected before a pin in probably 10 years. I feel very irresponsible right now.

The WHO says this:

"Skin preparation of patient before injection. Wash skin that is visibly soiled or dirty. Swabbing of the clean skin before giving an injection is unnecessary."

I bet they might have the alcohol wipes. The really little ones you use for injections, think thats what they are for. Tiny little squares soaked in isopropyl alcohol. Ive got some from a long time ago around here somewhere. I stocked up with about 4 bottles of the alcohol back in March before this hit.

Why the hell did they make them so small was my thought when I used them. :D

The WHO says this:

"Skin preparation of patient before injection. Wash skin that is visibly soiled or dirty. Swabbing of the clean skin before giving an injection is unnecessary."

Why the hell did they make them so small was my thought when I used them. :D
Yeah, i wasnt crazy about the ones I had. I bought them once for a trip I was taking so I didnt have to drag a big bottle of alcohol along. i usually just use a kleenex and pour rubbing alcohol on that. Maybe they have some that are bigger in size?

Opening a new packet in the morning and getting that hit of alcohol smell as I clean my spot is one of my life’s pure joys!

A little bit of background most of you may not be aware of. Besides bodybuilding, wilderness survival is a hobby and I have extensive training in specifically wilderness first aid. One thing I always carry is Grain alcohol of 180 proof. It's cheap and serves multiple purposes as a fire lighting aid in wet or damp conditions, as fuel for an improvised or manufactured alcohol stove and as a disinfectant for first aid. This can as effectively clean a wound as well as any other alcohol. Hand sanitizer needs to be at least 70% alcohol to kill all bacteria and viruses. The 60% stuff on the market is ineffective at really ensuring sterility. Grain alcohol is dirt cheap as well for a very large quantity. Dial also makes an antimicrobial soap that would be just as effective.
I'd skip the hand sanitizer and go for the booze.

Call me old school but I like to wipe down the top of the vials and injection site with rubbing alcohol before I inject? Went to the local grocery store and no rubbing alcohol anywhere. Can I use hand sanitizer that has a alcohol content of over 80 percent or whiskey? Or just wash and wipe down body part and vial in hot water before injection?

To answer your question , yes you can use high proof whiskey onna cotton ball or what ever just make sure the alcohol content is above 70 like "tkav1980" mentioned.
We use to make hand sanitizer by mixing Everclear with a little Aloe gel.

A little bit of background most of you may not be aware of. Besides bodybuilding, wilderness survival is a hobby and I have extensive training in specifically wilderness first aid. One thing I always carry is Grain alcohol of 180 proof. It's cheap and serves multiple purposes as a fire lighting aid in wet or damp conditions, as fuel for an improvised or manufactured alcohol stove and as a disinfectant for first aid. This can as effectively clean a wound as well as any other alcohol. Hand sanitizer needs to be at least 70% alcohol to kill all bacteria and viruses. The 60% stuff on the market is ineffective at really ensuring sterility. Grain alcohol is dirt cheap as well for a very large quantity. Dial also makes an antimicrobial soap that would be just as effective.
I'd skip the hand sanitizer and go for the booze.
Most of my YouTube subs are wilderness survival guys out of Canada.

Most of my YouTube subs are wilderness survival guys out of Canada.
Don't forget Dave canterbury, the green bearded green beret, black hat bushcraft...lol it would be easier if I just linked my YouTube subs

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws