advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can't lose weight? Tried everything and nothing works? It's not your fault!

particleacc

Registered
As I was watching yet another commercial for a weight loss product, more and more disgust came over me. The newest gastric band surgery certainly seems to get a lot of commercial air time as well. Every time I see this stuff, it just bugs me.

As bodybuilders, many of us have learned how to manipulate our bodies to produce the look we want with hard work and dedication to diet. The recent thread on this board about someone's coworkers telling him he was not enjoying life by not stuffing a bunch of lard down his throat made me think about this as well. I have altered my body and bodyfat percentage many different times in many different ways over the years. I have also had many overweight friends and acquaintances try every new diet pill, and some even getting surgery in order to lose weight.

What REALLY gets to me is hearing this "it's not your fault" BS. Now, I KNOW that there are a few individuals out there with some sort of metabolic disorder that affects the amount of weight they carry. (My own girlfriend has a REAL condition. No matter what type of food or how little she eats, she cannot lose any weight. She has had a few serious health problems over the years that caused this though.) However, cutting into the body to surgically make the stomach smaller does not seem to address this issue, does it? The result of this is causing a physical change that someone does not have the mental strength to do for themselves.

Artifically creating a more "full feeling" by having a smaller stomach doesn't address a real metabolic condition, does it? It seems to me that people who actually benefit from this are indeed the ones who ARE actually at fault for being "overweight". They are the ones who cannot control their eating for a MENTAL reason. They do not have the discipline that us dedicated individuals do.

Can YOU push through hunger if you know it is getting you the body you want? Now, that said, as many of us know, hunger is not necessary to have a good body, even when dieting to lose fat. A few years ago, I was dating an overweight woman who eventually asked if she could go to the gym with me and have me help her adjust her diet to lose weight. I put her on a low carb diet and she mentioned that she had never eaten so much before in her life! She lost 65 pounds in 7 months. However, it took dedication and mentally choosing better choices.

I love some of the advertising that talks about "tried everything and nothing works?". Yeah, I know plenty of these people who have a garage full of the "latest" workout gadget and stacks of bottles of the newest "miracle diet drug or supplement". They try "everything" that promises a quick fix. Everything, that is, except using some mental strength and resolve to make smart dietary changes that they stick with.

I have seen so many Discovery Health shows where the doctors say that weight loss is really simple- eat less and exercise more. But, golly, I guess that just make too much sense. I then see a program about an obese patient right after his stomach surgery having his wife sneak bags of potato chips and boxes of cupcakes into his hospital room so he can stretch his stomach back out!

OK, this rant has a point, I think. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal and widely used, and widely accepted. SURGERY to cut a person's stomach into a smaller one to control their BEHAVIOR is legal and perfectly acceptable. However, the intelligent use of muscle building drugs by DISCIPLINED people who know and study how to control their body is EVIL, ILLEGAL, IMMORAL and CHEATING!!!!

Sorry, forgot to take my crazy pills today so I am not thinking like the rest of the herd today....

no crazy pills bro, its how it really is. I hate it as well.
I have dropped 70lbs of fat ass that i collected over about 10-15 years, i grew up fat for a majority of my childhood until sports.
People here at work ask me all the time how i look the way i do because they knew me at 270lb fatass. I tell them all simply, being fat is a choice. You choose what you shovel into your mouth, all 3000 calories per meal with sodas and processed foods, gigantic salads with 1000 calories of fat dressing etc...
They dont like that answer, but its the real truth.

I was talking about this to a heavy friend of mine earlier. She said that some people just can't lose weight and really have "tried everything". She said it was easy for me to get in shape in the gym because I had good genetics. (I don't. I have to work my ass off for everything!) She said she had "tried" going to the gym, but didn't get any results. Upon pressing her for more details, it turns out she did indeed join a gym and went for almost 2 weeks in a row a couple years ago! I guess she really has "tried everything"!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking about this to a heavy friend of mine earlier. She said that some people just can't lose weight and really have "tried everything". She said it was easy for me to get in shape in the gym because I had good genetics. (I don't. I have to work my ass off for everything!) She said she had "tried" going to the gym, but didn't get any results. Upon pressing her for more details, it turns out she did indeed join a gym and went for almost 2 weeks in a row a couple years ago! I guess she really has "tried everything"!!!!!!!!!!
I am a gym owner. How frustrated do you think I, and many others (PHIL HERNON)get when we hear the "I just can't lose weight cries"? "But I have tried everything and nothing works". "What lift weights? OH I can't do that, I bulk up way too easily (female response)".

You are correct. It is a choice they make, we all make. Losing weight is not rocket science. I had a young girl (15) come to my gym with some of her high school friends also girls. Now this girl was very pretty and a little overweight, not too bad. I later find out her mother had allowed a surgeon to perform gastric banding!!! WTF??? on a 15 year old girl. I personallly think the surgeon should have his license yanked for doing the proceedure. But you see Obesity has become big business to these guys now. These surgeons are now nothing more than vultures preying on the weak. 15 years old and had a lap band done!!!! I was disgusted!! I wanted to punch her mother but again I bit my tongue and offered whatever support to this girl I could.

I was outraged!!:mad:

I hear ya bro, i grew up fat with my fat grandparents always teasing that i had the Frazier Ass, nothing i could do about it. Everyone in my family is fat except for my dad, and mom(who has done aerobics before we all woke up since i can remember) basically the 2 who work for it.
I slimmed down a lot coming out of jr high with sports, riding my bike to town and playing all day then riding home.
I got lazy and married and gained crazy up to 270lbs, at 28 i saw a pic of myself wearing a xxxl shirt and 44" pants and decided it was all over with.
Got down to a 34" pant and lg shirts a nice 195lbs, now beefed up to about 215 bodyfat in the low teens with the help of alex A.
People are just too lazy, i love my "being fat is a choice" quote i toss out at everyone. When they say they cant its genetic tried everything blah blah blah i pull out this picture of myself

https://img175.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc427&image=26145_mike_fat_thin_122_427lo.jpg

I hear ya bro, i grew up fat with my fat grandparents always teasing that i had the Frazier Ass, nothing i could do about it. Everyone in my family is fat except for my dad, and mom(who has done aerobics before we all woke up since i can remember) basically the 2 who work for it.
I slimmed down a lot coming out of jr high with sports, riding my bike to town and playing all day then riding home.
I got lazy and married and gained crazy up to 270lbs, at 28 i saw a pic of myself wearing a xxxl shirt and 44" pants and decided it was all over with.
Got down to a 34" pant and lg shirts a nice 195lbs, now beefed up to about 215 bodyfat in the low teens with the help of alex A.
People are just too lazy, i love my "being fat is a choice" quote i toss out at everyone. When they say they cant its genetic tried everything blah blah blah i pull out this picture of myself

https://img175.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc427&image=26145_mike_fat_thin_122_427lo.jpg
Brilliant result. You look great!!

WHAT?????

15 and has had this surgery????????????????? I am pulling what is left of my hair out right now! This is a frickin' crime! Yes, the mother needs to be beaten with a 2X4!

That's it. I'm going back on the crazy pills. I can't handle the truth.

Yeah, my favorite excuse from women about avoiding the weights is the "bulking" excuse too. I have repeatedly tried to explain how hard it is to gain even a pound of a muscle, even for a man. The former girlfriend I trained did put on a little bit of muscle, but only enough to tighten everything up and look DAMN good. It's a hard sell to make to most women though. They all seem to think they are going to look like a pro bodybuilder in a month if they touch a weight!

Last edited:
Well, now that I think about it, at 15, she has probably already tried everything to lose weight and nothing works. There really isn't any other option but to get the stomach surgery.

There we go... crazy pills are kicking in now. I feel better....

looking good bro. its nice to see that someone who has lost all that weight with hard work and discipline.

My favorite word when it comes to this topic is "PRIORITIES". I am so tired of hearing people say "I just don't have time to go to the gym" or "I can't even afford a gym membership". Who the hell cant find $25 a month and 4-5 hours a week? I have friends who spend hundreds on alcohol and drugs every month, find time to watch 4-5 movies a week and 2 hours of TV a night. Yet they cant afford a gym membership and don't have time to get in there consistantly.

I even had one friend ask me which supplement/steroid was best for cutting excess fat. I said, "oh are you getting a gym membership?" his reply was "no, I want to lose the weight first." I still to this day burst into laughter every time I think about the conversation.

I'll get off my soap box but just thinking about the subject gets me fired up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131